[D A I L Y B I K E T H R E A D] - /dbt/

[D A I L Y B I K E T H R E A D] - /dbt/

If you ain't flyin' you ain't tryin' edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webms

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

Are you new? Have a read:

>Boring webums with sounds
>Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/5741271234.html
portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/5737609544.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i like the motorcycle in your op

3rd for Suzuki a best

is there a reason why I can't shift into neutral at a stop while my bike is in first
can't remember if it happens in second, I try not to be in second at a stop

Can the front forks handle a jump from this height?

it is known

postcount+1 for honda the shit

1. racers don't care about fork seals

2. They land on the rear wheel and power down, if you just land straight you're gonna die.

but the answer is yes

Balls of platinum

yes. fork seals don't blow from the forks compressing. that's literally what they're meant to do. they start leaking from dirt, dinged fork tubes, age (degrading), worn fork bushings, etc.

What bike? And usually it's easier to shift into neutral while moving but just go sit on it and practice

Multiple reasons. Are you letting the clutch out between shifts while down shifting?

Another reason may be that you need an oil change

seriously, the amount of people who go hurr durr I don't wanna do wheelies because muh fork seals are bloody insane.

I've dropped heaps of wheelies and my fork seals are fine, I know that's not the case for everyone...but what is your bike for? I always think about being an old man and telling stories to my grandchildren, do you want to show them the picture of you doing a huge wheelie, or flying through the air.

...Or do you want to show them the picture of your perfectly intact fork seals? Fork seals are ephemeral, wheelies are forever.

>out riding alone
>come across a gang of fellow shitbikers
>guy said something to me at the red light. thought he was asking if I wanted to go out and ride dirt with them or something
>can't hear shit through helmet, earplugs, and thumpers idling. turns out they were just going home and probably thought I was a creep for following them around for a while

>sun's out
>go to get on bike
>walk out door
>raining

While uncomfortable, a Ninja 250 can do 75 MPH. I would know because I did it today for 80 miles.

can gays birth children?

Why would you subject yourself to that?

Alright my nieces and nephews then.

lol honduh suspension

Thanks for listening.
It's my baiku and my only ride.

Yeah, my brakes suck so I gotta engine brake. It also ensures I'm in first when I get to a stop.
I also changed the oil (correctly) about a week ago

cb250. It's not that it's difficult, the shifter just plain jams when I try to get into neutral and goes to second if I press any harder. I'm remembering now that it does the same thing in second. Other times I'll accidentally jump into neutral trying to get to first from second, and then I inadvertently rev my engine like a douche.

So can dual sports. I took my KLX out on the highway again last night for no reason at all. It was completely fine the whole time. Not bad at all. Granted I have it geared to the moon (compared to stock) but the bike is completely fine with highway miles. At 70mph it felt like I should be shifting into my next gear which I don't have, but it's not like I was at 9k RPM the whole time (limiter is 10k). I can post a webm with sound if anyone wants to hear how revvy the engine is at this speed.

I was a Suzuki factory mechanic for 9 years before transitioning to a dealership job and I can tell you with absolute confidence that Ghostrider is correct in his statement. The early 2000s GSX-R 600s, 750s, and 1000s are all extremely overbuilt. It isn't by accident that they managed to evade all the historical GSXR problems and recalls that started in 2004 and beyond. That isn't to say that the current generation of bikes are bad but the old ones are far more reliable.

Some bikes are just that way. On my KLX I can easily get it into neutral with no effort at all. On my EXC getting it into neutral while stopped with the engine running is nearly impossible. I can kick back and forth all day and there's a 99% chance it will just go from first to second or second to first instead of stopping in neutral. So if I want to stop in neutral I either shift into neutral while I'm still rolling or cut the engine, then it goes in fine.

bullshit you were

>inb4 a miata tries to park next to me

Fork seals soon komrad

>>hey guys look my bike is in perfect showroom condition no scratches and only 5k miles
>oh that's nice. meanwhile my bike has tons of hard miles and looks like shit because I run it to get as much fun as possible
>no rigerts

>he bought an R3

>r3

>tfw people knock my bike over for taking up a parking spot
I didn't ask for this

>tfw people knocking your bike over for parking in the grass
there's no escape

not that guy but what's up with the r3

This, bikes are toys meant for enjoyment. Every scratch and dent is a story of fucking up and getting better

Nothing. It's a good beginner sportbike.

stick your knee out more

>good
>beginner sportbike
pick one

>Memester

Choose it

It's very overpriced and there is a high probability you will take a massive loss when you sell it to upgrade to a 600

you obviously know nothing about dirt bikes. You stick your inside leg out to the front for max front wheel traction

>memeing this hard

Fuck off nobike

Nobody gives a fuck about scratching $5 of bare colour molded plastic, finished body panels actually cost money.

That loss is probably less than the difference in insurance if you ride it for more than 5 minutes.

t. cucked into beginner sportbike by dealer

Finally this image is actually relevant

>b- but I have to worry about my street bike because it's painted
you missed the entire point of my post

>sportbike

>sportbike

Racebike.

rode some dirt for the first time this week. ran over a snake lol

rip

What type of snek?
In summer i manage to get a red belly caught in my front wheel, jumped off the bike and it ended up making its way into the air box.

So simple to get an R3 up to snuff:

Just $7900 buys a YZF-R3 in road trim with the addition of a full race kit, which gives the option to return the bike into roadgoing form if desired. The race kit consists of:

R3 Cup Contents list

Fairing kit – including front fender and tank cover – uses stock screen – black gelcoat
Akrapovic full racing exhaust system with Ti muffler
Racing rear sets with multiple adjustments
Handlebar lowering kit
Gearing set JT – optional sizes – 1 front, 2 rear
MUPO Suspension kit – complete rear shock absorber with adjustable preload, ride height and rebound damping. Front fork kit with springs, spacers and shim stack
Graphics kit with all series and bonus sponsors logos supplied
R+G protection kit including – crash knobs, engine case covers, rear stand pickups, chain guard, radiator protector
R+G muffler mounting bracket
AIS pollution system block off plate
Yamalube Service kit – 4 litres of synthetic engine oil and engine oil filter
Oxford rear race stand
CD with parts book, service manual, kit fitment manual, etc.

Really just 7900?
thats actually really fucking cheap to get your foot in the door with racing.

The TZ350 returns

i freaked when i saw it coming. i thought i was a big tree root until it went squish. he was crossing the trail and when i came around again he was gone somehow.

no clue, it was all black. i asked someone else and they said it was probably harmless.
how did you get it out of the airbox?

R3 is the best value LAMS bike. Only fuckboys buy detuned 600s for the same price as the regular version

>$7900
Aussi Dollars. That's $6024 burger bucks.

Too bad r3 cup is only in Australia.

>can buy a HRC Dream Cup spec CBR250R for under retail

this app is cool "as af" as they say

I passed a guy in the lane opposite mine the other day. He had a matte black full face helmet, but for whatever reason his visor looked completely matte black and opaque, kinda like pic related (which is digitally edited to look like that, the visor this helmet ships with is clear). Looked super stealthy and really cool, even my friend riding with me commented on it. Anyone know any helmets or face shields that have this appearance of black, opaque materiality?

No because they dont exist. End the matte meme now please.

Just plasti-dip your current shield.

>Cucked into being a memester

I feel sorry for your pathetic life.

Not satisfied wrecking habitats, you now kill wildlife

>racebike

you say this like it means something

I'm guessing that sign is a trole?

Or you could buy an old 2-stroke 250 MX bike and slap some road tires on it for a whopping total of under $2000. Start racing/practicing basic supermoto. Bonus cheap points for the track entry usually being $0-$50.

replace shield with opaque plastic. mount camera on helmet (chin mount best mount) and wear VR headset to display real time riding inside the helmet

Sand paper over smoke visor.

I have to sell either my car or my bike to get by, they're both worth about the same anyway.
>at least it doesn't snow here cause I'm keeping the bike and saving up for a car.

Good choice user, tough times?

Yamaha will actually pay you if you for winning races on it.

Yea. I'm an idiot and had no rainy day fund. Lost my job and got a new one (with slightly better pay) but I haven't worked in 3 weeks so bills are behind etc.
Just gonna take me bike to my new job and smile like nothings wrong yep.

Keep looking up man, that shit can happen. Go in with a smile and work hard. What do you ride anyway?

>tfw bought an R3 thinking it was a beginner bike
>rode my cousin's Ninja 300 a week ago and it's a walk in the park compared to my R3
I got used to the R3 but that fucking Ninja 300 doe, it's so much fucking easier and has ABS, it was $200 less than the R3 when we bought our bikes.
>my cousin could barely get my R3 to move when he tried it

2015 FZ-07 and I love it. Thanks for the kind words bro.

You'll be good, if you talk to some places about why you're behind, they may work with you on it.

>saw a Porsche 918
>GoPro wasn't recording

But seriously it's a fucking poverty belt what the fuck is a 918 doing here

cop or nah?

sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/5741271234.html

Ive been to mexico and seen ferraris, porshes and expensive yurop bikes.

>gotta drive the supercar around the hoods to show those plebs im awesome.
It's usually new money or daddy's money. They'll be on welfare when daddy stops sending them checks.

Tru, the super wealthy are everywhere.
The driver was some old white dude. Maybe he's a real estate mogul doing some scouting?

that is about $300 too much

I was gunna offer $200, this is Cali

go sit on your dildo

Posted in last thread, but would like second and third opinions. Think this is going to be my first bike, thoughts?

portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcy/5737609544.html

Paging Alamoanon

>old white dude
Probably that then. Happens where I'm at too. Some people get houses for 20k fix em up and rent em out for 1,000 a month. But ive never seen those 918's in person

looks okay but seems a bit pricey considering "price is firm"

>lien on bike
You'd be buying it from the creditor technically. Make sure there isn't a shitload left on the loan.

>Owe some money through the credit union still.

NO

Will the FJ-07/baby tenere bring the fight and stomp all over the F800 and Tiger 800 for half the price of will Yam double down and make some garbage that never separates itself from the Wee-strom and Versys.

FJ-09 didn't hack it

Why exactly is that a red flag? I mean I wouldn't get the loan in my name right?