Looking to buy a used, manual car to learn stick shift on and put aftermarket shit on

Looking to buy a used, manual car to learn stick shift on and put aftermarket shit on

Found a pristine 97 Legacy GT with 97,500 miles on it, bone stock barring the sound system and KYB struts. He was originally asking $7000 for it but he's since dropped the price to $5750 and now its at $4750.

Thoughts? Bluebook is around $2500 even in excellent condition so I think I'd have to talk him down even more

Pic related is it

I would say you'd have to talk him down more, especially co soldering he sou D's like some fag that's trying to get his money back in the system and shocks

Apparently he only put the sound system in, the struts were replaced by the previous owner. I'm guessing he's putting a lot more value on its condition than what it's really worth

He definitely is if he thinks he can get almost 2k over book, what market do you live in because if Subarus or AWD in general is in demand that'll influence it too

Not really sure of the demand around here in general but it's pretty rare seeing a Subaru on Craigslist around where I am, mostly Mustangs, Civics, and old Vettes

Fuck that then, haggle the fucker, tell him $1500and an XBone with 3 games and a Kinect

Geo Trackers are pretty good. They made a shit ton of them with sticks too.

I don't get why you need to spend more than 1,000 on a car to learn stick on. You can bang that out on the weekend and it's not like you need the car to last you terribly long.

He would prefer something that isn't a complete shitbox Honda Civic

Sell you mine for 2500. If you're in Washington lol

>DOHC Subaru 2.5 right at head gasket blowin' mileage

just don't user, trust me

don't do it. buy a mint em2 or ep3 instead.

t. 250k miles with oil leaks everywhere

OP here

Assuming I do buy this thing, what kind of aftermarket stuff should I put on if for maximum hoonage? Exhaust? Lowering kit? Maybe a turbo?

Brand new heads, head gaskets, timing belt water pump, power steering pump and clutch cause I'm not autistic like the rest of you and can manage doing my own work while the rest of you need help getting oil filters off lol

>ricing out a Legacy

fucking lol

nothing. keep it mint.

Why tho? A car like this is impressive in this condition, yeah. But even in it's condition it's just another Legacy, bluebook only runs $2500. Why wouldn't you rice it out if it's value wont matter?

Because when you rice it out it becomes worthless and you'll look like a faggot.

But isn't it ok if it's a ricer as long as its fayast?

That's the rule, right?

>implying you have a choice of specific mint models at your disposal anywhere in the US

Legacies aren't fast

I should know, I drive one

But what if I MAKE it fast?

That's not how legacys so work