I have been invited to a BBQ at a friend who happens to be native American and I want to bring a gift...

I have been invited to a BBQ at a friend who happens to be native American and I want to bring a gift. What would be appropriate?

A feathered headress with a well preserved dead crow attached to the top.

normal clothing?

baka white people desu

beer

Manifest. Destiny.

Do not acquiesce.

Been done

Under rated post

My Spanish ancestors were doing it slowly through pestilence. It was destined to happen sooner or later.

They are not doing a "give away", but as sigh of respect I still want to give something.

Your scalp

Smallpox blankets

Indians are hard to buy for, just give him cash.

A couple of twenties oughta be fine.

Namely jean jackets.

Just bring some food for the BBQ.

Being Portuguese id wager the best way into the savages home would be trinkets of sorts
Indians are even easier to impress and appease than african kings
Mirrors, some clothes pieces, dont forget the cross and bible

Fake pearls

some fire water and chuff for the peace pipe

a tip

Blankets

This. Somethimes things just ought to be simple. Especially when it comes to small symbolic social gestures.
Bring some food or .. I don't know do they drink wine in BBQs?

>This guy

what is this?

im native american. just bring the potato salad and budweiser

Diseased Filled Blanket.

Smallpox handkerchief.

Cracked a smile

Land.

$20

>wine in BBQs?
No, you goddamn commie.

A homestead out in the American Southwest for him and his nuclear family.

Bring a framed photo of Andrew Jackson

Came here to post this

Are you clinically retarded OP? I am also a Native and you bring what people normally bring to a bbq as a gift and just avoid things that said person is avoiding like if they are a vegetarian don't bring meat just bring a salad of some kind.

Actually you know what, if he is a vegetarian bring a salad, a taco salad.

Listerine.

Not at all...trying to make a good impression is all. He is held in high reguard in his tribe. And yes I'm gonna bring food and booze, but I wanted something as sign of respect for him. If they were having a give away that would be easy. But I was just hoping to impress with the right gift.

>he wants booze because he's native american
That's almost as offensive as bringing blankets.

kekd

wine at a barbecue is unamerican
wine coolers maybe

Well my advise is to not do something stupid and cliche like bringing him a gift of a dreamcatcher, it would be like bringing a black guy some 'bling' as a gift to a bbq, unless that specific person brings something like that. Just think about what he likes and get him a gift based around something that he likes, say if he is a fan of baseball get him a ticket to a game or something. This is not a universal thing don't take this as gospel but if the guy is a spiritual type then just buy him a bag of tobacco and give him that, and no a pack of smokes is not the same thing.

unless that specific person is into that stuff then bring something like that*

So really if this guy is the spiritual type which is the vibe that I am getting look up what his tribe uses in rituals or finds to be a gift that is given as a sign of respect and just get him some of that, can be tough sometimes like the time when I went into the woods and got some wild sage for my dad on father's day.

I would take the safe road and just bring conventional things. He probably wont expect you to bring some great respectful native american gift, so if you just make a nice gesture with food, booze and maybe some other small item you should be good.

Very clever

blankets

maize and whiskey