Does it impact a truck driver's ability to make a living if he's stuck behind me on the highway going 5 miles below the...

Does it impact a truck driver's ability to make a living if he's stuck behind me on the highway going 5 miles below the speed limit for a considerable amount of time?

Doubt they care about 5 mph.
Just don't cut them off in front.
And if you feel like being nice; run defense for their ass end when they want to change lanes.

why is your dumb probably chinese ass going 5 miles under the limit

I always drive 5 miles under the posted limit because I don't want to get pulled over

Fuck all truck drivers

I realize it might not be totally rational, but I can't risk ever being pulled over by the police, so I do whatever I can to give them no reason to do so.
Some fools might say I'm drawing more attention to myself by going more slowly, but when everyone around me is going 10-15 mph above the limit, it really just eliminates the possibility that I'll get pulled over and it's been an effective method of avoiding interacting with cops for over a decade now.

I did this the whole way back from Albuquerque to Phoenix one time. Was so fun getting those flashes and horn toots of thank you. Wish I had a cb radio for that.

Fucking BUILD THE WALL

>being this black

>I can't risk ever being pulled over by the police

Don't worry guys I'll be the one to bite. Why is that user? Its pretty obvious that this was the point of this thread.

Can someone explain what you mean by defense?

impeding traffic can get you pulled over also
this

Edgy.

There are plenty of shitty truck drivers, but the majority driving semis are better and safer than your average car driver. And if they pull a dick move, it's probably because they are sick of impatient 4 wheelers causing problems for them all day.

Well most of those dudes are paid by the mile and they can only drive a certain number of hours every day. So every hour they are stuck behind you, you are cutting their pay for that hour around 10%. And if they are already running on a tight deadline and hold them up, they could miss their delivery window and have to wait til the next day, then lose their next paying load, and you just cost them a few hundred dollhairs.

>being this desperate for attention and validation

>Can someone explain what you mean by defense?
>holding back traffic so trucks can pull onto the road/merge/move lanes.

People get straight red hot mad from this.

yeah but the trucker will toot as horn at me and make me feel special, according to some people in this thread

You're acting like a 16 y/o girl tbqhwy

that wasn't the point of the thread. isn't that how everyone feels? I thought I was stating the obvious

When a truck driver puts on their turn signal to change lanes, many retards think that means they have to pass the truck at the last second because god forbid they are behind a trailer for 2 minutes.

It happens all the time. I will have plenty of space to change lanes, going faster than the car to my left and the end of my trailer is 5 car lengths ahead of them. They see my turn signal and speed up and ride with the trailer so I end up either changing lanes really fast in front of them so they have to hit the brakes or if they are riding with me I will start drifting into their lane and freak them out until they move the fuck out of the way.

Other thing that happens a lot is I will have a car riding so close behind my trailer that I don't see them. I will go to change lanes, and as soon as I start moving over they will pop out from behind me and try to pass while I'm already going into the next lane. People are stupid.

So tl;dr: when user sees a truck wanting to change lanes to pass, he will give them room before some impatient ass tries to pass at the last second.

Do you have one of those signs that reminds people that if they can't see your mirrors then you can't see them?
I notice trucks with this generally have less tailgaters.
Anyway you fags need to stay off 896 to avoid DOT. 896 is not a road for trucks.

To be fair, I try to race past a truck that's signaling to switch lanes because I think he can't see me and may just merge and cut me off.
And in those situations I really don't give a fuck about being judged by or inconveniencing a truck driver.

It's annoying as fuck. I'm hourly and it's still annoying because I want to get done as fast as I can for customer satisfaction or in case there's a worse traffic situation later on in the day like a crash or construction. I can hardly go past 65mph so passing is hard to do in most situations.

We see you, we have a billion mirrors. We just have to wait for your slow ass to try and pass. This doesn't bother me as much because I know no one wants to get stuck behind a semi but really only expect 1 or 2 to do it, then I have to nudge my way in.

Doesn't it bother you that everyone else on the road is driving just to get to or from their job? Meanwhile your whole job is driving?

So everyone else does what you do before they even get to work.

I'm never driving under the speed limit unless there's a steep incline. I don't believe I'm hurting traffic more than people like OP that make up their own rules with no consideration for others.

where does the rule come from that it's okay to drive considerably above the speed limit?

>considerably above
I don't think that is what he said.

Anyway, here's you're (you)

everett eh? sucky town to be driving that thing around in. broadway is like a fucking convention of retards

>vlcsnap

That's my start point.

truck drivers are not that much better than your average driver. They SHOULD be, they THINK they are. but they're about average. You have some good ones, most of them are dumbasses, and a few are downright dangerous, just like it is in the car world.

could be worse i guess. at least it's not tacoma.

seriously though, i dunno what it is about broadway, the rest of town is decent, but people lose their god damn minds on that road.