Music List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmusic
Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed) (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed) (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sassafras/cars-vans-utes/1990-mazda-miata-mx-5-convertible/1121788861
youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3F2MWGhrw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw having nostalgia over cars from my past
time to have a drink

op image is maximum comfy, gw

Morning

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/sassafras/cars-vans-utes/1990-mazda-miata-mx-5-convertible/1121788861

>Saw this car for sale
>Sent him a message
>"Currently very high demand. Car being inspected before 11am. If you wish to negotiate a higher price, please let me know your upper limit."

How much should I say I'm willing to go up to? What's a reasonable amount?

sup kunts
4rd for i just want to hoon and money shift from 4th to 2nd at 60km/hr when i drive past gooks and shitcunts

That's the oldest line in the book. Don't offer any higher. If it was that good the first person who looks at it would have snapped it up.

If you dont get it don't stress. There's always more miatas breh

Whoops.
I said if it checked out mechanically I could go up to $2500.

>If it was that good the first person who looks at it would have snapped it up
Realistically, that's what could have happened.
When I saw it yesterday it already had a few hundred views when it'd been up for a couple of hours, and it's pretty reasonable that someone could have wanted to look at it today.

If it does work I'd honestly still see $2500 as a good deal, so I'm not too fussed. If I look at it and decide that $2500 was too much then I can still walk away with no problems.

tell him you'll pay asking price if he gets it a rwc and some more rego.
if he falters there could be issues with the car.
>i like asking that one

Oh, obviously I wouldn't give him any money before the rwc.

But I'm really not sure about the whole process with this because it's my first car, and it honestly feels like I don't have any bargaining power at all until I'm talking to him in person.

It's nothing that special, just a six cylinder series 2, 5 speed s pack

no rwc is a bit of leverage for you.
maybe arrange a call after you've had a think, it could save you the trip.

You have all the bargaining power mate. Especially uf you have cash in hand. He NEEDS to sell. You don't NEED to buy his particular car.

Like user said if he falters about a rwc or says "I'll get one when upon sale" tell him to get fucked. They last for 2 months. Literally no reason not to get one.

Is /dat/ some OC I spy?

Nice job.

Okay, yeah - I'm thinking I'll try to use the $2500 to talk to him in person, then if it all looks alright then I'll tell him that if he does the rwc I'll give him the full $2500.

Would that be reasonable? Could there be any problems like rust etc. which I wouldn't be able to see in the inspection and that the rwc wouldn't pick up? And would $2500 with a rwc be a reasonable price if it isn't a lemon?

yeah slap the cunt with a fat wad of pineapples and let him know that there are 56789876 other miatas out there.

however chances are the car having rego currently and timing belt baka im selling myself the car now lol

So the Tib is out and the red one sold
But nobody in the last thread gave me a good idea on what to get instead so im still heavily considering it

rwc certificate costs 37 bucks
start at 2000, if he wants it gone getting rwc is just an hr or so out of his day
rwc doesnt care about stuff like that only brakes, leaks, lights, steering...real basic stuff.
you can easily check rust by getting under car with a torch.
theres heaps of pre purchase check lists online that even a noob can do.
sassafras is inland right but you never know about rust.

regarding it being a lemon, i doubt it with this one

So can you get a rwc done without an appointment?
I'm really not sure how the whole thing works.

Do I show up with $2500 cash, offer him $2000 if he gets the rwc done right then and there, sign the papers and drive it away? Or would it be more like "You get the rwc done later this week then I'll come and buy it afterwards?"

I have an idea of what to look for in the inspection, but would bringing along a more knowledgeable friend still be a good idea for leverage?

id get an appointment, its the polite thing to do. you can get them without one however just not courteous to rock up, you dont know the shop's workload that day.

forget the 2500 cash, thats too much.
if i were buying the car I'd message the guy something like "Im willing to pay asking price if i can rock up with the cash and drive it away with a rwc"

my first car i haggled a guy from 6k to 4k because he was leaving the country, it was overdue for new discs+pads and timing belt.

may be an idea to bring a knowlegable friend and always drive it.
Theres a list stickied on the front page of Veeky Forums about what to do when checking car for purchase.

I take it you're still on your L's?

Problem is that I already emailed him saying "If everything checks out mechanically then I'd be willing to go up to $2500".

It feels like my haste might have cost me money.
I guess since he was talking about an "upper limit" I can always just say that we'll start at asking price and then go from there.
I could then go with the rwc and cash thing that you mentioned.

And no, I'm on my green P's. Problem is I still don't have a manual license, so I won't be able to test drive it. I was thinking I might get him to test drive it while I was in the passenger seat, and then illegally learn how to drive it on the way home if I bought it.

Just saw a mustang near my home merrica plz staph ur blue gayness

the astra now resides at a garage in my town and it hasnt moved in 2 months

Well the newer korean shitboxes are okay, but for 9k you could do way better with something jap, a falcodore or even a euro. There's probably a reason that the car's going for that low.

ah shit man, shouldnt have done that.
i'd take a friend who can drive manual, if you can't then youre on the backstep kinda.

did he reply to the email? if so. dont reply.
create a new account and call him up offering the 2k if its all sorted.
I've heard of people creating accounts to lowball people to get an idea of how low they can get them making an offer based on those lowballs from their original account, very sneaky. isnt technology great?

Anything Japanese, pretty much.

Korean stuff is usually garbage so don't bother.

If you want sporty FWD then get a Celica, preferably a 2ZZ powered one.

fuck korean cars.
i remember seeing this pic months ago.

Shit on the hood

>old pic

At least you tried user.

He hasn't replied.

And my email is my name, so wouldn't he notice?
Or are you saying I should rock up and introduce myself with a fake name?

I've really fucked up, haven't I?
But is $2500 really that bad for it? All of the other NA MX-5s are being offered for $4-7k.

Maybe I could say the $2500 would be contingent on him getting a rwc and a full pre-purchase inspection?
But I guess if I get to the stage where I'm actually inspecting it he would have already had to turn down the other offers...

All australian market last generation celicas had the 2zz regardless of trim.

Why would you offer more than listing price? It's not an auction.

Because I'm retarded.

It's my first car man, I don't know the culture behind it all.
My reasoning was that if I can beat someone else's price then I can get the car for a price that I still see as pretty good.

Maybe I should just forget about the whole thing and get a different car another day. If you guys really think $2k isn't unusually low for an MX-5, then surely another one should come up soon.
It can be a learning experience.

youre fucked user
he typed the ad in correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. he operates on another level from the average gumtree seller.

you live and learn man. if he's asking 2k you go under not over, unless youre competing with another seller which you arent.

2.5k isnt a bad price but you couldve gotten cheaper.

its in good condition imo but remember it is 26 years old. he's had it serviced and major jobs done on top of that.
if anything suspension could old/worn.
don't write it off, get his number and call but please bear in mind the price he is asking. please dont go above.

But that's the thing.
If I rock up and say "Yeah, that was the absolute limit I'd go to if it was great, but this this and that aren't perfect so I'll offer you $X" then what can he do? Say $2500 or nothing? I'll just walk away.

I mean, for instance, I can always just say the paint looks way worse in real life and I didn't notice the tape holding the hood together.
Bam, $2200 if he pays the rwc.

Okay, okay.
If he responds to the email saying it's still available I'll meet up with him and if it's okay I'll offer him $2k. No more.
I could even just make something up about a bill or some shit and say that I won't be able to do the $2500 any more and I'd only be able to do $2k at most.

God I'm retarded.

dont stress m8 could be worse, could be better.
but i still think you can get 2k+rwc easy

Mate, don't put ideas and expectations and "ration" with him and yourself before you have even seen the car in person.

You don't need an excuse or reason, just offer $2000 or less. It's pretty simple.

Why don't you just call you stupid fuck. An mx5 priced like that will be gone in a day easy, why the shit would you email and dick around?

Its a shame the last gen look terrible
They get 140kw compared to the 100kw from the late 90's models for around 6k..

looks like an au xr6 front lol

Well he just emailed me saying the car was sold anyway.
This was all a useful learning experience.

Yes, if there is something cheap, and you want it, just call and go get it. Email is a waste of time.

Veeky Forumsternoon

>he actually grew a neckbeard
i'm geniunely saddened to see you've given up falcunt.

Fine I'll shave brrb

we're all going to make it someday, bro

thats more like it bro. little steps help.

This, I knocked someone from 7.5k to 4k because they were leaving the country.

mirin

Came with an esky too

i got jumper cables, wiper blades and a miles davis cd

Are you Jewish at all?

I actually have a hebrew first and last name...

But is your penis intact?

Jimmlye Stringberg?

No because of medical reasons

youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3F2MWGhrw

Sounds about right, I'm sure it didn't go in to a tub of face cream because that would be wrong

what exactly is the origin and meaning of the put it in d for maximum respect meme and why is it related with the mangtec

How bad of an idea would it be to buy an ex-taxi, rip out all the human slime soaked interior, replace the wheel and seats and paint it with a rattle can?

This is a 2009 BA2 for 1,500 with 500,000 on it

What would you use it for?

Daily drive, its for a mate who has a budget of 2k and wanted to buy a first gen Suzuki swift...

>human slime
hi moog

It'd be alright for that I guess, but wouldn't a cheap Corolla or other econobox be better for a daily driver? They'd use less fuel than the Falcon.

Okay mum

He's right though, you just want the falcon to do skids don't you?

I like the idea of a more powerful car, also I go shooting and I need decent cargo capacity

You can cram way more guns into the passenger seat of a 2-seat car than you'd think.

Nooo, leave the beard m8, otherwise you look like an egg or a potato. At least now you remotely human.

Legally they have to be in the boot though :/

No they don't, unless you're in a cuck state like NSW.

Here in Vic half of the guys riding their bikes to the range just carry a handgun in a shoulder holster.

Huh.. Im in vic so this is news
Im the guy looking at the kia koups based on them still having cargo space because I cant fit a mosin in the back of a small hatch haha

Its basically why I bought an Avalon for my first

Have you ever actually tried to fit a gun into a small car?
It's honestly a lot easier than it looks.

If it doesn't fit in the boot, put it in the back seat.
If you don't have a back seat, put it in the front seat.
If it still won't fit, just join the Cat H master race.

There's no excuse for buying a Kia.

Pls don't get the kia mate. Just tell us your criteria and we can help you pick something

So any way, are ex taxis reliable?
Or is there simply a point where good maintainance cant keep a car going?

I know the straight 6 is meant to be very reliable but what about the rest of the mechanics?

You look exactly how I thought you would

I mainly just want something fun to drive in manual that doesnt look terrible

If I want so against the styling of the late Celicas the actual specs are pretty decent

Ive driven muh boat for almost 50,000k's now and I dont know why
>muh boat

>I mainly just want something fun to drive in manual that doesnt look terrible
Then why the fuck would you get a Kia?
They look bad and drive horribly.

If you want a fun manual, don't get a fucking Kia. If you're going asian, get a Toyota or something. Want some fun with a manual? Get a little BMW 3.

From what ive read they are pretty decent for the price

Pretty decent as econoboxes, sure.
As something actually fun? No.

Toyotas are the boring Nana car of nipping for a reason. Lesbaru or madaz would be much better

Hey guys, one of my wheels has what looks like some kind of oil or staining on it. Can I use degreaser on it or do I risk striping the clearcoat/paint?

>mods are asleep, post VL's

got more pics of the orange calais?

>tfw I will NEVER see this sight in america
feels badman

>posting a pic of your ugly mug
Yeah keep it auto please, dumbcunt

There is an aussie expat who has imported one to the US. He has a Facebook page following it.

It's Kimberly bronze. Not sure if I do have more of that particular one. I have other Kimberly bronze ones, as well as the one that I owned
>in this picture along with my Eucumbene blue calais and silverslate berlina