Why do people hate on GM religiously? Their cars are on par with the others. Like really wtf? Need proof...

Why do people hate on GM religiously? Their cars are on par with the others. Like really wtf? Need proof? VW = Worst German car, Toyota = Worst Jap car. I don't get it. My Chevy (one of the "worst" ones too) outlasted many other brands. Why so much hate?

Forgot to mention, benchracers go to /sp

I don't get it either. I have 430xxx miles on my lifted silverado and all its needed was a few front end parts here and there and new clutches in the rear diff.

>dexcool

The last time that was an issue was a decade ago. Its been refined so well that even other manufacturers are using the formula

GM fangirls are easy targets

PP explain why you think Chevy is so great. The catch is you can only answer in emojis

Because they burn oil, look like rental cars, drive like blobs, have no visibility, and conk out before 200k.

True
Opinion
All American cars do
False

I'm a ricehead btw

> My Chevy (one of the "worst" ones too) outlasted many other brands.
There's an old saying that a GM will run badly longer than most of its competition will run at all.

> Toyota
> Worst
Nigga what? Toyotas are fucking tanks, and this is coming from a chevy fanboy.
> Clutches in the diff
Wtf you shitverado came with an LSD? How did you get so ripped off? My silverado and even my S10 came with full Lockers

>Toyota = Worst Jap car.
Get a load of this shithead.

I don't get the hate either. My Saturn Ion is bulletproof.

That's Toyota.
>GM hasn't recalled a car for burning oil in years
>Toyota did it recently

Show me any car Toyota makes below 100k that is capable of getting your pulse racing
>FR-S/86 built by Subaru
>Lexii are all automatic only

I6 turbo Supra 5spd

they don't make those anymore user. Sorry to disappoint you.

while I love GM, I will say Toyota is not the worst Japanese car.
That is Nissan.

I'd buy GM over chyrsler or fiat but they're still mediocre
>Show me any car Toyota makes below 100k that is capable of getting your pulse racing

You have a point, but just because they're not making many sports cars right now doesn't make them a bad company.

>lexus are automatic only
Same with BMW and mercs, mute point

>burn oil, look like rental cars, drive like blobs, have no visibility, and conk out before 200k.

>burn oil

only at full throttle
>rental cars

kek
>no visibility

great visibility
>conk out before 200k

currently 175k miles and making 300+ HP

>Lexii are all automatic only

>drives a fucking saturn

>thinks transmission choice means anything in a luxury car

>You have a point, but just because they're not making many sports cars right now doesn't make them a bad company.
I didn't say it made them bad. My point is they have nothing exciting, not even a sports model of the Corolla or Camry.

the car hobby is a religion. one day you're shitting on your friend's love of hot hatchbacks and the next day you hear Renault is making a Twingo sport and you cream your pants.

it's like when my brother bought a stratus and the Benz cult was always nagging on how it's a car for old people but then he smokes them with his 200hp

Because they need to be bailed out every few years to keep producing shitty cars.

I like GM. Personally I just hate die hard GM fangirls.

I'm not a die hard. Just don't like the hate man.

because they killed off pontiac

They've only ever been bailed out once. Chrysler has been bailed out twice by comparison. (1979/1980 and 2009/2010)

Nissan=worst Japanese car

>ftfy

Why the gm hate? Did you ever get inside of a 2012- 15 malibu backseat?

Simple answer is although they fuck up on average these days for the field or do slightly better they have thirty years of sucktitude behind them. The 2015 impala I bought is the first non performance GM passenger vehicle the have produced since I got my license in 1997 that I would consider worth money.

> that's probably part of why

They have a habit of killing things out of spite.

because aside from producing an "OK" truck chassis, GM fails miserably on any small, economical vehicle or minivan. They don't put in the effort. This is why we have these split opinions.

GM truck driver:
>chebby is gud
GM car driver
>chebby sucks lmao

I drive a Saturn Ion as well. There are HUGE HUGE engineering and design flaws in this thing, aside from it looking and driving like shit.

1. Seat foam sinks to the plastic side bits so you are sitting on hard shap plastic getting in and out of the car
2. Interior fabric is horrific and slips off of the foam under the seat
3. There is literally NO rear legroom for anyone in the back, but this car is 3000 lbs and gets 24 mpg combined on a good day. What?
4. Handles like ass.
5. worst cheap LUK clutch I have ever driven ...ever. THe car bucks in first, second AND third no matter how you drive it.
6. both control arm bushings fail like clockwork at 80k
7. power steering went out at 70k and threw an error code.
8. foil shift pattern sticker is cracking off the shift knob and stabbing into my palm.
9 nobody mentioned the ignition recall issue

looking around the interior, I see this hockey puck steering wheel that looks like an afterthought, I see a lock/unlock button that looks like it was just snapped into place in a random spot on the door panel, all paint is coming off the HVAC control buttons. It really is a disposable car that GM shit onto america and will soon be forgotten. Everything about this car is a joke.

This is why GM sucks.

>problems with the seats

fatass

my friend has a 2007 ion 3 and the seats are nice

ion redlines came with recaros...

hey fuck you im only 190 lbs.
when you crank the seat up or down with the adjusting lever, the plastic part will literally come up above the foam.

the recaros in the redlines look like ass too, but thats getting into GMs little performance cars, which they usually do a better job on. Don't count on GM to make an average, reliable daily driver for the masses that gets good fuel economy or is competitive.

Ion owner from earlier here.
>1
Thats why I swapped to the Redline Recaro seats
>2
See above
>3
The only person to every complain was my 6'5 ex-bf. I average 25 MPG city and have achieved 35 MPG highway, which are the EPA ratings for the car new. Something's wrong with yours.
>4
depends on how you look at it. I have aftermarket suspension on mine. Handles great
>5
I NEVER had that problem. NEVER. Sounds like something's wrong with yours.
>6
Haven't had this problem myself. Expecting it in the future. When it happens, I'll just swap to Cobalt SS S/C FE5 control arms. Solves the problem and drops a bit of weight
>7
I did have this problem. Was fixed for free with a new power steering motor by my local Buick dealer. It was an intermittent fault on mine and I never told the dealer about it, but it acted up on them so they replaced it for free.
>8
Mine had a rubber shift knob. no sticker. Pattern did fade off. I now have a short shift kit with a metal knob and engraved pattern. No problems. Pic related. Mine when I got the car. I kinda miss the rubber knob. Maximum comfy.
>9
Had it fixed and have the service order proving mine was done. What's the problem?

The problem is he drove a rental and didn't actually own the car.

>manual transmission rental economy car in America
Nope. Those don't exist. He bought one owned by someone who
>1: didn't know how to drive stick
>2: didn't know what maintenance was

Serious answer-

Aside from the Corvette, Silverado, and recently the Camaro, everything they make is utter shit. They also make the worst commercials (all displaying a massive inferiority complex).

Brand stereotypes are retarded, that's why.

The Dodge Caravan I grew up with lasted sixteen years without needing any non-routine maintenance until the kids moved out and my parents could downsize.

If you listened to the Internet's opinions on Chrysler, they would have you think that this is impossible, or at least rare, but the same thing happened in multiple families on our block.