Is there ever a situation where converting FWD to RWD would be more worthwhile than converting to AWD?

Is there ever a situation where converting FWD to RWD would be more worthwhile than converting to AWD?

all situations. Awd is grip cucks that can't drive. RWD and pull those hektikk skidds

As far as costs to actually perform the conversion.

Awd can be converted to Rwd by a flick of a switch so I would root for awd in any case
But to be honest the whole converting would cost way to much than just buying an already rwd/awd car
There has been cases where civics got converted to AWD, I reckon only die hard honda fans would consider this.

That's what I mean. I know it's an obscene cost, but in the event where you're going to do one no matter what, is AWD always the preferable choice? It seems that way.

converting it for professional drifting.

That conversion had to cost more than that shitbox is worth

mad

It'd cost significantly more to convert to awd than rwd, and it'd be a much more complex install, which isn't worth it for most people as far as $to performance

so?.
Formula D rules refuse to allow a FWD car to be converted unless there is an AWD variant of the chassis somewhere in the world. Rule stipulat you must use the rear end of the AWD variant. The Scion tC drift car uses the rear end of either an AWD Euro market Toyota Avensis, or the rear end of a US Market Toyota RAV4. Both on the same chassis.

>let me just convert it to rwd
Real life isn't Forza.

I don't play Forza, but thanks for letting me know you do.

Converting to anything would be pointless. AWD is beyond pointless.

Actually, it's fairly cheap to convert a FWD car to AWD, provided the chassis is set up for it and you can get ahold of the parts. VW fags do haldex swaps all the time.

>AWD is prohibitively expensive

>it's cheap to convert to AWD

Which is it?

if the car had optional awd, or a very similar car based on the same platform did, then it might be cheaper to convert to AWD, but if the car was never meant to be awd then a rwd conversion may be cheaper

>Grip
>Can't drive
>Implying drifting takes more skill than grip racing

what

Oh, that makes sense.

it depends on the car. Some can be CHEAP to convert
Examples: MK4, 5, and 6 VW's, specific Toyota Celica's, and 1988-2000 Honda Civic's/Acura Integra's
Some cars are expensive to convert to the AWD variant because it requires welding in the AWD floorpan.
Example: Mitsubishi Lancer

and some cars would be cheaper to just convert to RWD because there is no available AWD option.
Examples: Chevrolet Cavalier, Chevrolet Cobalt, Nissan Sentra, Nissan Maxima, etc.

All depends on the car in question.

So what would the options be for a 3G Eclipse?

I don't own one, but just curious.

Only if you want it as a drift car.

it's not even a scion anymore..

I don't know enough about them, sorry, but I can guarantee you if you are trying to do any of this on a budget you'd be better off starting with something that had the drivetrain you want in the first place

Ship of Theseus.

I actually looked into that one years ago out of curiosity.
With the 3G Eclipse, it sepends entirely on which engine you have.
4 cylinder? Used the setup from a 2G Eclipse.
V6? Lol good luck. No one makes an AWD transmission that will mount right to it. You would have to take an Evo 8 transmission and have a custom made bellhousing for it to bolt to the V6.

Why is that? Is it because of the space, or did they modify more of the car to accommodate different engine options?

what fucking world do any of you faggots live in where converting your shitbox to awd makes any kind of financial sense

like for the money think of things you could do that arnt converting your shitbox to awd

holy shit it boggles the mind

just why

>Literal assmad rwd cuck

lel

just thinking hypothetically m8, no need to get your dick in a twist

The only AWD transmissions for the 6G72 V6 are all with the engine mounted the other way around (see Galant VR4 and 3000GT). On the Eclipse, the front of the engine faces the passengers side (assuming LHD). On all the V6 AWD variants of other cars, the front of the engine faces the drivers side (assuming LHD)
Pic related. The engine bay of an AWD 3000GT with a twin turbo DOHC variant of the same engine.

It's called hypotheticals.

consider my ween torqued

How many torques does your ween get?

It's 1 ft long and weighs 1 lb, so 1 lb-ft

Because racecar

It would be less than 1k if you do it yourself and have access to a lathe and mill.

i work for a drivetrain manufacturer and considering what's involved in our processes, im fairly certain you would not get what you want for the effort and material youre imagining unless you're factoring in hundreds of hours of painstaking model calculations and nvt testing

nvh* i mean. but it would be a seriously cool project I'd love to see if any of you goons tried it out.