When does a car crossover from simply being "sporty" to a full blown sports car?

When does a car crossover from simply being "sporty" to a full blown sports car?

When it loses all practicality outside of a race track.

About 400hp

I guess that's a broad generalization.

Power:Weight of 10:1 maybe? 9:1? (lbs not kg)

So a 3000lb car needs 30k hp huh.

No you moron he means a 3000lb car will have 300hp.

This. Exactly at the point where it becomes more logical to drive it on a track than the road.

You're as retarded as him then

I disagree with this assessment.

Of course you would, you're stupid

When you can't comfortably use it as a daily driver.

people have different definitions of comfort

I still can't just can't agree with this...

When the car becomes completely about the enjoyment of the driver, and all other considerations take second place to that, including cost to some extent.

I disagree with the people saying that it is when it is only practical to drive on a race track. Some GT cars are also great sports cars. They just consider the joy of the long trip over the joy of the short trip.

Veeky Forums will make criteria to exclude everything other than vipers and M roadsters

>drive LS1 trans am
>capabilities far exceed what is safe or acceptable on a public road

but it makes a great daily driver. i don't think sports cars are supposed to be unusable

If people were only allowed to drive around in sneks and clown shoes the world would be a better place.

*When the majority of young men can't comfortably use it as a daily driver.

The majority of young men can use most cars comfortably as a DD except atoms, caterhams and the like. But that would be a very narrow definition of sports car.

"Sporty" is better used to describe commuter cars without performance as a selling point. Shills here talk about how "sporty" a Mazda3 feels, or that the "Sport" trim Corolla is somehow faster because of a badge and skirts.

A sports car is something with performance as the selling point. The MS3, as opposed to the "sporty feeling" Mazda3, is a sports car. The top trim 3 Series may feel sporty and with proper modification could perform like one, but the M3 is the undisputed sports car.

**When the majority of people can't comfortably use it as a daily driver.

>to a full blown sports car?
when its designed for competition

In my opinion toyabarus are a sporty cars(commuters with some sport features). And it has nothing do with the horsepower, of the car itself.

An example of a true sports car is a car that is made to be more fun and is essentially impractical as a daily driver(but yes you can daily drive them if you really want to as well),

Sportscars are csrs designed to be fun cars first and everything else second. A sporty car is something that's been tinkered with a little bit to improve performance and fun factor, but ultimately is something else at the end of the day.

nah, 10:1 makes a fast car, plenty of sports cars don't make that power to weight stock

>in bizarro world
>the 90's kids who grew up in what would be come to be known as "the raddest generation" never lose their love of xtreme sports and neon colors
>after the global collapse of 2017 and the rise of neo-america and the GNARLY party all soapbar cars have been banned, as well as any vehicle with a less than 1.3hp/lb power to weight ratio.
>FWD is a distant memory
>90% of national spending has been funneled into turning our dreams into memes

ah, what might have been.

Yep

its not about power.

Example:
Miatas are not powerful cars at all but they are considered sports cars because of how they are designed(RWD,balance, handling, design, fun to drive, and of course impractical for Daily driving, etc)

Power has nothing to do with it. It's about how much practicality and comfort is sacrificed

The MS3 isn't a sports car. It's a hot hatch.

>The MS3 isn't a sports car. It's a sports car with a hatch.

ah ok

10:1 weight to horsepower ratio
under 3500 lbs

all you retards talking about how it's a sport car once it start sacrificing practicality have clearly never heard of the fucking Porsche 911 Turbo

Not only you 8 da b8, but you also replied.

>being this new

>It's a hot hatch
So is the WRX STi hatchback. It's a sports car again in its sedan form.

Is it's selling point performance? If so, it's a sports car. We can worry about what sort of sports car it is later.