ITT: post the car that was your daily driver for the most amount of years and curious anons ask you about them

ITT: post the car that was your daily driver for the most amount of years and curious anons ask you about them.

I'll start: 2014 BMW F30 320i - had it for 2 years now.

pic rel image from Google but same model and color.

Nice ride.
2007 E93 328i, Montegoblau. The hardtop gets stuck down sometimes and I have to give it a lil yank but otherwise driving a transformer is pretty sick.

7 years

7 Years. Only use it as a DD because I'm a poorfag and can't afford another car desu.

my condolences.

2007 Ford Expedition Limited, 6 1/2 years.
Now traded in because it's stupid thirsty for gas and I just moved to a big city, not so good for a daily driver.

(not mine in pic, but just like it.)

Did it ever give you any trouble? How were the MPG's?

1998 Mercedes-Benz C240 - had it for a bit over three years

Only thing i had to replace was a starter.
No other issue. Had over 200k miles when i sold it.
Got 25 highway and 10 city mpg

Okay, i'll bite. How numb/disconnected is the electric steering?

never owned a car for more than 8 months, get bored of them pretty quickly
maybe just still looking for the perfect car

I just realized I've never owned a car for more than 4 years.

1976 VW Scirocco
1979 International Scout
1986 VW GTI
1995 Dodge Stealth TT
1985 Saab 900 Turbo
2001 Jeep Cherokee
2006 BMW 330Xi
2001 Audi A4 Avant
2008 Nissan Altima
2011 BMW 328Xi

I think I drove the GTI for the longest at 4 years, along with the Stealth. Picking up a 2006 Mini Cooper Wednesday as a daily driver while the 328 gets hail damage fixed.

nice my little brother has that exact ride. fucking best. too bad he crashed it three times and now it drives like shit

are you insane? I was expecting to be bullied about the turbo lag (which gets really noticeable in the summer) or the seats which are famously shite but the steering??? the steering is the best fucking thing about this car user. on comfort mode it's extremely forgiving and in sport mode its razor sharp.

How much did your dad pay for it in total? How much did your dad pay monthly?

>selling a scout
You monster

nice try neet but I put a 50% down payment on it and I paid 688$ a month for two years to pay it completely off

> %50 down payment
> $688
Dude wtf. Was your credit shit or something? If you put a 50% money down, and your credit was in good standing you'd have like $400 payments.

Had it for bit over couple of years, when i was younger i used to change cars in max. 2 year intervals.

This one i regret tho, had to sell it because i got sick and had no means to upkeep a car for a while + needed extra bux.

Sry wrong pic, that was my 750i. Meant to post this.

03 350z track edition

had it for 5 years now

1991 Toyota Crown Royal Saloon. almost 4 years, 60,000km, and 1 headgasket

odometer/speedometer quit working a few months ago from a bad speed sensor so mileage should be higher lol

'14 328i here, OP do you find that the AC is really weak in Auto mode on hot days? I have to constantly switch between Max AC and Auto to be comfortable since Max is too cold. Also the windshield wipers are waaay to slow on auto.

4 years a twingo

I got the gulf specifications model here mate (sandnigger) so the entire compressor assembly is different iirc. cools like a champ even in 47C degree weather.

total shitbox

sorry user

Mexican and US models have the same heavy duty cooling systems the Gulf State and African models do.

Was for almost 6 years. Have a different one now, so clocking 6 and a half with them.

>the steering is the best fucking thing about this car user
Said literally only you.

No, seriously. Even the F30 fanatics say the steering sucks.

>daily driver for the most amount of years
>2 year old car
OP are you old enough to be on this site?

first to admit it is, i paid $4k for it and its done me well so meh. ive driven it from here in Northern Canada to the states where that picture was taken without a problem

>I get my opinions from forums on the internet without actually trying it for myself first

got it

2015 Lexus IS350 F-Sport

Had it for a little over a year so far. Surprisingly fun car and it drives well.

Pros: Compared to the 340i, S4, and XE, it feels more connected. The car that feels the most like it in the class to drive is the M235i IMO. Suspension, chassis, and steering are all very well done.

Cons:
Needs more power. It has 306 HP from a NA 3.5L engine. The power builds linearly, which is nice if you like to wring out a motor. Personally, I think it needs more power and more low end torque to compete with the Germans.

Not even him but I have driven an F30 (340i to be exact) and the steering is numb and lifeless as everyone says; you can't just go WELL I THINK IT'S GOOD SO EVERYONE ELSE IS WRONG, that just means you're a retard with your head up your ass.

You're right. I've driven the 340i and it's, by far, much number than the sporty competitors (XE, S4, IS350, ATS). I couldn't believe that the memes were actually true about this car.

I drove a Benz for the first time yesterday. It was a c280. Lovely

05' nissan frontier 5 years
89' supra 9 years

friend of mine has a 1999 C180. his father bought it new. my friend says he's gonna keep it for his son. those things were really built to last

>resorting to bull shit as a last resort for your argument

literally the first trick in the book user. why are you trying to convince me that my car handles like shit based on internet forums? I think it handles fantastically and coming from 2 generations of older BMWs I truly think the electric steering bullshit is just a self perpetuating meme by newfag "motorhead bro" wannabees like you who parrot whatever motor trend quickly explains in one of their videos.

here's your fact. there is nothing wrong with electrically actuated steering in anything lesser than supercar territory. so unless you've mistaken my pic for a 911, pls go preach to someone else.

Nobody's talking about the handling, they're talking about the steering feel, i.e. tactile sensation. If you think it feels good then great, more power to you. That's an opinion you're entitled to and you're lucky to have a car that you enjoy.

However, that electric assist changes the tactile response of the steering, and that it dampens feedback from the tires to the wheel is fact. There is no argument that it's a meme or that it doesn't exist because it does, objectively, by design.
Certainly, manufacturers can change the programming to allow more feedback or to alter the assist to simulate other kinds of steering, but that doesn't mean they do.

That said
>'coming from 2 generations of older BMWs' as if his anonymous claims somehow give his opinions authority
>hasn't driven a single car more than two years and apparently has so little driving experience he thinks electronic steering is a meme
>gets this buttmad over a perceived insult of something he owns

I think if you actually believed it was as great as you say it is you wouldn't be getting this defensive

It's a tie with my current car - 7 years (that time & 65k miles later I sold it for only $2.2k less than I got it for).
>'06 STi
-Cobb catted downpipe
-Cobb AccessPort v1 - tuned to 19 psi
-GReddy EVO2 cat-back
-Datalogged / tuned with Tactrix cable + ROMRaider / ECUTuner

I clocked 173 mph (278 kph) twice on my ScanGauge 2, beat 3 C5 Corvettes (and subsequently lost to a sleeper Del Sol) on the street, did plenty of donuts, outran the cops in two very real chases, and generally had a good time. A very large amount of cannabis was combusted in there; I also OD'd once on botanically-sourced opium and threw up on the steering wheel in traffic. Yes, good times indeed.

2003 Volkswagen Passat V6

Purchased used May 2005
Replaced Septemner 2014

97 jeep wrangler with the 2.5L in line four.

>tfw semi trucks passing you on the hill
>tfw driving against the wind, up a hill, going 35mph pinned in third gear getting 10mpg

Was a fun vehicle. Wish I had kept it as a second vehicle. Swore to myself I'd never again drive a jeep, or really any Chrysler vehicle as my only vehicle ever again.

540i Wagon
>owned for the passed 4 years. Still have it
>titanium silver
>282Hp 4.4 DOHC
>BBS LMs and Pilot sport Cup
>blacked out tail lights
>raced through traffic
>drifted that thing
>lost virginity in the back
>endless repairs
>Flying through the twisties

Such a fun car. And guess where it is right now?

>pic not mine but same rims and ride height