Tfw I fell for the black paint meme

>tfw I fell for the black paint meme

It's not FUCKING fair bros...I have to wash my car TWICE a week and I still get swirl marks while people with white and red cars can go to automatic carwashes and look better than my black car

I feel you dude and it sucks cuz my LS400 still has swirly marks all over!!!!

>drive victory red '99 Pontiac T/A
>looks like a show car just because it rained

but it feels comfy when they're clean ;-;

That is one good looking truck user

Black Mesa logo?

>has white car, everything shows but swirly marks :

>tfw red car master race
It is a good feel, brother.

red cars dont really reflect though :(

How so? My volvo is a high gloss candy apple red and seems to reflect fine.

Then learn to wash correctly and seal it after

At least it's not silver. Can't even differentiate if it's clean or not.

I feel you, dark blue car here

>tfw 2004 mustang was red but getting it repainted a deep dark purple

What am I in for bros?

Get gud

Learn to detail. Sealant and wax is your friend.

t. previous owner of 3 black cars and a buffer

feeling the burn ?

This is after being in 4ft of muddy water lel

I bought a gunmetal grey car with metallic finish. What am I in for?

>washing your car twice a week
Do you not have a job or something? How do you find time for that.

>I have to wash my car TWICE a week
You should've done something like Opticoat or Ceramic Pro when it was new.

>I still get swirl marks
Use the two bucket method for washing your car. Don't go to an automatic car wash.

That looks amazing. What sealant do you use? What polish do you use to remove swirl marks?

How do you dry you car?

Never seeing dirt.

My car is gold/silver
Ford calls it Tectonic Silver
Chevy calls theirs Champagne Silver
Close your eyes and imagine an old Buick.... it's that color
Would a good wax/buff bring out any shine? I want that deep glossy wet reflective look but am not sure if this color has enough depth for it to really make a difference.

Pic related is not my pic but is exactly my car, same sand color , "sport package" wheels and ground effects

Depends how dark the gray is. If it's closer to black than silver you're in for a nightmare

If there are no swirl marks you can skip the polish and just wash/dry/clay and put a sealant like Blackfire Wet Diamon on there

If there's swirl marks then polish it first. Then apply your sealant and wax if you want

>candy apple red
>the best red

Absolutely.
Chevy has Crystal red, Siren Red, Butte, Red, Long Beach Red, Garnet Red, so many good dark metallic reds. And that's just from the last two years

Good to know
Thanks

Read this in in Bubba's voice from Forrest Gump like he's listing ways to eat shrimp

>buy a black used 2015
>literally swirl marks EVERYWHERE
>somehow deeper clear coat scratches on the hood

At this point I think I'm just going to pay a pro to do a complete paint correction.

Jesus christ how do you even fuck up a paintjob this bad in 1 year. And for some reason there's a ton of marring on the hood.

It's a great car, got it for a killer price but somebody horribly fucked it up when they washed it.

JUST

to unJUST

>late model focus owner
>on Veeky Forums
It's good to not be alone.

The products I use are:
Meguiars Ultimate compound
Meguiars Ultimate Polish
Meguiars Mirror Glaze 2.0 Sealant
And then either Turtle Wax or Meguiars Synthetic wax, whatever I have lying around

The trick to keeping a clean black car is AFTER removing contaminants from the car with clay barring and paint correction, you have to maintain a protective layer of something. Be it sealant, wax, or both.

Then when it gets dusty or dirty, sometimes you can just hose it off and hop on a highway to blow dry it.

The thing with wax and sealant is that they are temporary. Yes, they can bring out shine. But for how long is determined by how good the paint is. So removing swirls and scratches first is the best way to get shine. Then sealant and wax enhance what is already there.

I should note that compounding and polishing are not part of any routine. It's something you do once to fix damage and then protect after.

Who taught you how to polish? I'm watching Thejunkman on youtube right now trying to learn

The only thing I'm confused on so far(haven't gotten through all the videos so maybe he explains it later) is when to use compund vs polish

Compound is when the scratches are deeper, right? And polish just for normal swirl marks?

maybe I should just post a picture of my hood

Nobody really taught me. Learned from youtube and reading. Practice is really the only way to get a feel for it though.

Compound is removes more material yes. Polish is to remove what compounding leaves behind.

>washing your car

What a cuck, I just let mother nature wash my car

My old silver car looked awesome when it was clean and just average when it was filthy.

how long does it take you to do a 2 step polish? i want to do one, but i've heard it can take fucking forever.

All together? like 12 hours if you do it properly.

I usually split it in to a couple afternoons over a weekend.

>swirly marks
>wiping in a circular motion
>ever

Dude. That's sexy AF.

I know that feel bro. When it looks good, man does it look good.. but the other 98% of the time it's filthy and scratched up.