There was almost a pop up light camaro

>there was almost a pop up light camaro

Other urls found in this thread:

hawksmotorsports.com/heidts-1982-1992-camaro-firebird-independent-rear-suspension/
heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/
imgur.com/a/Q21x3
imgur.com/a/qC1CY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was, they called it the Firebird.

There was. It was better in literally every way.

>almost

>that trophy

top left reminds me of a delorean's front end

Thread is now a trans am thread

Pic related, super clean Gta I just bought. Flying to Florida in a week to pick it up

You have that book too? Muh nigga

>Pic related, super clean Gta I just bought. Flying to Florida in a week to pick it up

nice

I live in FL and my buddy's dad has one just like that, but that doesn't look like his house lol.

My buddy has an '84? firebird. He bought it as a shell and put a 4cyl n/a diesel that he later tarbo'd with a NV1500 trans and a custom adapter. Slow as fuck but it's interesting and gets 50mpg out to his house 45 minutes from town.

Hell, mine will be slow too. Bone stock 5.7 TPI and exhaust

Given condition and mileage I'm gonna dd it a few years, then probably do a swap

I'd love to have a diesel f body just for the weird factor lol

More pics

Interior is super clean

L98 or LB9/MM5?

I can dump some third gen brochures if you nerds want them.

Wheels in great shape too

Buddy owns a shop in Daytona beach. He picked it up for me and is checking it out. Says everything is nice and tight. I'm having him do all fluids, throw fresh pads on, turn rotors if needed, and tint

L98
I'm down for brochures . Dump that shit!

>popup light camaro

that's a funny way of saying Trans Am

Why are those two cars parked so closely together?

they're kissing

Nice. Thred delivers

Anyone got a good source for factory service manuals? I mean I can snag a Clymer, and I know these cars... but if I can find the FSM under a bazillion dollarydoos I'd like one.

why is that Honda kissing that trans am's bootyhole

>tfw 4th gen is the exact same layout

from the transmission-back it looks like the same fucking car

Oh god, the crossfire injection...

I had a crossfire C4. Worst goddamn car I've ever owned, but I loved it.

I sent my TBs to that company in AZ (DCS I think) for a rebuild. Bored em out, bushings, new injectors, FPR, lines, etc. then did some mild motor work.

Damn thing STILL only put 200 and change to the wheel.

But I loved it. Had the digital dash and all.

They also share a floor pan, and if I remember right they might have shared an axle on some years.

>tfw no third gen fbody
one day

the mother bird protects the little civic until its old enough to hunt on its own

new one

>macpherson strut

is third gen legit cant turn?

fuck I didn't know I had these stats
with the WS6 suspension the thir

They need help that's for sure. There is a lot of aftermarket support, including someone making a complete independent rear suspension setup for them :-D

>including someone making a complete independent rear suspension setup for them :-D

my 4th gen has the same rear end and it feels competent. on huge grippy rear tires..

fucking autopost, with the WS6 suspension the third gen fbody was one of the best handling cars for it's time, with some new rubber, struts, and sub frame connectors it'll out handle most new cars.

>including someone making a complete independent rear suspension setup for them :-D

fucking link?

trans am have large wheel overhang

hawksmotorsports.com/heidts-1982-1992-camaro-firebird-independent-rear-suspension/

Yeah, the WS6 cars, especially if maintained right, handle REALLY tight for the vintage. The GTA I just bought is a WS6. I couldn't believe I found it in that kind of shape.

As to the above link, I wouldn't buy one... unless of course I make another level or two at work. once the bonus structure goes up for me , that would be something i'd consider, along with a complete frame off rebuild. And LS7

>tfw my bonus paid cash for this car and paid off my expedition
>tfw the bonus is now completely gone
>tfw don't fucking care, no car payments and a car I've always wanted

I have had several third gens. All had issues, needed things, needed paint, were rustbuckets etc. This is my first nice third gen, and I lusted after these cars when I was a kid. That's why i'm still awake, because i'm fucking excited like a kid before christmas

>it'll out handle most new cars.

what about a 4th gen t/a with the same mods

>SLA front suspension (double wishbone)

dat torque arm rear suspension tho

Does that include a diff and axles

I'm that kid lusting after them right now. I fully expect to own dozens and have a junkyard of parts if I can ever buy a bunch of land in the middle of nowhere.

heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/

Looks that way. holy hell. That kit costs slightly more than I paid for the clean GTA. LOL

One day though, i'd like to have a completely tricked out thirdgen. Don't know if i'd want to go that crazy on a WS6 GTA, but maybe an IROC or Z28 roller that needs some help... that would be a good candidate for something like this.

>$7000 on IRS

>tfw 4th gen LS1 T/A was $2500

i think i bought the cheapest running LS1 ever

auto or manual?

It's my opinion that 4th gen f-bodies are one of the best values in fun cars right now.

4l60e auto with 3.23 axle option

>tfw sub 5 second 0-60

Fuck PASS-Key

image 5 is already posted

PASS key
plastic coffin interior
rust
rattles up the ASS
fuck these F cars

Final picture I have.

Well done sir. I saved every one of them. Old car brochures and commercials are hilarious to look at

cus all hondas suck ass thats why

Here's the rest of my vintage car ad collection that I don't want to spend four hours dumping on here.

imgur.com/a/Q21x3
imgur.com/a/qC1CY

>there was almost a pop up light camaro

there was. it was called the firebird

>THE ALL NEW FIREBIIIIRRDD FOR 1982.
>SLEEK
>SYLISH
>AND POWERFUL
>INLINE FOUR CYLINDER ENGINE CRANKS OUT A PANTY OYSTER TINGLING 74 HORSEPOWER
>FEEL THE EXCITEMENT

You know there were more engines than the iron duke right?

Oh of course I do.

I like to poke fun at the itty bitty engine that could.

>Trans Am
Firebird.

Every Trans Am is a Firebird but not every Firebird is a Trans Am.

>But I loved it. Had the digital dash and all.
There were C4s that DIDN'T have digital dashboards?

Are turd gen F-bodies terrible cars for short drivers? Or tall drivers, for that matter?

>hilarious to look at
why because it has actual specification and measurements
rather than entirely dub step and lense flair

this pic might help

That pic didn't help at all.

head room 940 mm
leg room 1092 mm

I was referring to the graphics and the fashion, Salty McSalterson

>not wanting to build excitement

Thank good there wasn't. I have a second gen camaro and a third gen fire bird and I absolutely love the camaro more. The pop up lights don't work all the time on the firebird plus they ruin the lines and body shape. Third gen camaro was way better looking than firebird

I'm 6'3 and I've been DDing a 79 camaro and 84 firebird. Breddy comfy

>5.0 litre high output V8
>high RPM camshaft
>cool air induction system
>electronic spark control
>free breathing exhaust

>the result of all this heavy-duty hardware is a super motor that develops an incredible 190 BHP

Hahahahahahahaha were they even trying?

Around the same time, BMW were getting 270+HP from a 3.5L, and a few years later AMG were putting out 360hp from a 5.6L

>351 CID
>235 HP

jesus

>PASS-Key is the key to peace of mind for firebird owners.

My fucking ass it is, I've had those ignition switches die twice and they're such a pain to replace. Second time I just put a matching resistor in there and called it a fucking day.

I want a transam and fiero side by side my mr2 and supra of the same era. God I love all these cars.

Me too. Modern cars are such shit.