Get embarrassingly out-accelerated by a Tesla P90D yesterday

>get embarrassingly out-accelerated by a Tesla P90D yesterday
>Go to Tesla's site and look up specs
>762 total HP with 713 pound feet of torque

top fucking wew la. since when did Elon Musk decide to start producing bonafide performance cars?

>american cars that aren't Ford
>performance

does the performance matter when the battery is dead after ten minutes of full throttle?

guess what happens to every super car on earth when you go full throttle for 10 straight minutes

OP here, and I dont know. I also dont think that the kind of person who has Tesla P90D money laying around gives too much of a shit about per-charge efficiency. Also

You go to a petrol station, a bit easier than recharging it at home for 24 hours.

>performance
>fuel/electric charge consumption

Since torque and speed don't appear magically, I strongly suggest you, Mr. Retard, to pick one of either above.

More like 30 min at a supercharger or an hour or so at home with a 220v charger.

welcome to the future

>fellating a taxpayer funded billionaire

Doesn't it still take like 30 seconds to reach top speed?

>when you go full throttle for 10 straight minutes
youve lasted eight minutes longer than a tesla

Why are you comparing an ancient tech demo to one of the best road legal track cars ever made?

The Tesla is fast.

>own a tesla for a few years
>battery life gets worse and worse
>eventually you just drive from charging station to charging station
>hoping you'll make it to the next one
>muttering something about dinosaur goo

>>muttering something about dinosaur goo

kek top

Or you could just replace the battery.

OP what kind of shitbox do you drive and at what point did you ever think you had a chance?

>$15,000+ battery swap

might as well drop in an LS engine.

2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R. I wasn't racing the guy, i simply drove past him at around 20 MPH as the light was green by the time i reached the lights while he was stationary waiting for the green and he very effortlessly flew past me. I floored it and still struggled to keep up

>performance car
>Only fast in a straight line

Look the fuck out Dodge! Your Hellcat lineup is being beat on by an electric fag mobile!

It's absurdly quick to a point before falling off hard. The ultimate appliance is also the best stoplight and drag racer, but only the master of these two domains. It won't win in technical driving, or on meme circuits, or doing highway pulls.

Electric motors do a better job of maintaining a constant output of peak torque than piston ICEs. in other words, you weren't going to catch up with him

Electric motors are pretty much objectively better than ICE when it comes to powerband since they don't have to rev up, they can just put down the maximum amount of power the tires can currently handle. With that said, that also makes them less fun.

>Less fun
>Costs more
Sounds like Mercedes

KEK, the 220v 50kw or even 30kw chargers that can charge that fast cost upwards of 30k
i could fuel my car for years for the cost of that

>Electric motors do a better job of maintaining a constant output of peak torque than piston ICEs
Electric motors maintain constant horsepower. Torque falls off as RPMs increase. It's rotary and turbine engines that maintain constant torque.

Are you retarded? They range from $400-3000. Even at that much you're still not even close to your made up $30k you dumbwit

those chargers are 10-15 kw, and will take 8+ hours to charge up to full
Fuck this is from a $600 clipper creek charger that is one of the best
"FAST CHARGING - 5.7kW of power to charge your vehicle quickly "
5.7kW, a 30kW charger is VERY expensive let alone a 50kW one.

should have raced it from a roll

they are shit at accelerating when doing 35+

i had one try to out accelerate my stationwagon on the freeway doing 70, NOPE, couldnt even get past me.

This.

The first step in not being a busrider is understanding that accelaration from 30-80mph for example is a billion times more important than 0-60mph.

The Tesla weighs 15 tonnes and makes all the torque all over the "rev range", it's the perfect 0-60 car but it doesn't mean it's fast.

I thought that the batteries had unlimited warranties for whatever reason

Now that would be a nice machine. Triple mufflers so it's quiet. Stock LS7 on magneto-rheological motor mounts and a double-layered sound deadening treatment on the engine bay. It would be quick, but not fast - like a Rolls or a Toyota Century