Noob? Git gud:
→ #

Boring webums with sounds:
#

Old Bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5744166003.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Riding in the wind on an SV650S is a literal death wish. The bike is too damn light.

The car behind you tail gating and egging you on to speed up really doesn't help the situation either.

It will help if u suck my dick bby :)

the gs95500 is objetivly the bst beginne rbike.
> mile age
Its a mid_zsized 5strije twun cylinder bike, si uit drinks less than 5 liters per 100 km
> handling it handles nothing slike a supersopit spoklling you for when your gut omthing else. but it can also corn er much beteter than somthing like s crusier and actualy uses its entire rea rtire unlike a ninja 250o
>brakes they are complete shit antheir only redeeming featur is that their deisck brakes
this is goud becuase the kudoner braking sirance forcsnner reiders toi okabn ahead and strakt breaking eaky no abs mean sthe y learn to brake porpeerls tid they dnt wm yourseslf instal dof heading tro the mechanic sdhfecvy timeant to get shrektkesanc b you can ride it ait the Limit Without Putting youerself int to much danger. it reachses uo to 1800n km/hper horus which s fast enough For HighWay Riding.
> carbs
it being carbed means that if you run into problems you can learn to fix the
> power
It Sits Right At teh Pwer Limit For a2 Bieks WHICH IS GREAT FOR euros. It's Toeuskey enuogh To Be Faster off the LINe than most caRs youl Encounter In The cit y. But it also feels relaitely fuless so a its foriving of mista
> seating posittion
uoright, slightrly forward mean sits a neuteal riding position so you can firugrew out what you want aftersas. the seat is RLEAITVELY UNCOFMfortabley making litttteraley Every other bike aiter it fwill feel likt heaven on your ass.
> prive anc availability.
parts and the bikes themselvwes are cheap and plpentigfudl. if you crash and fuckas one of your fairins its 912 eeors to replace it with ogirinl parts engine needs little maintenancebeginner riders are typically not ifinanciyll so this is a big plus for them
> SUSPENSION
ITS A BUDGET SUSPENSION FACOTERINGD INTO THE OVERALL LOW COST OF AGETTING GS 500. IF YOU WANT BETETER SUNSPENSION ITS EASY TO SWAO THEREFORE IT IGVES BEGINNERS AN OPPROTINITY TO WORKING ON SUPSOENSION WHILE KEEPING COST MANAGEBALE

An SV650S isn't particularly light, you're just a limpwristed faggot.

Clever.

I don't get it.

What's not to get? You can check your float height this way.

hey Veeky Forums

I'm currently saving up to get pic related.

I've had too many friends get fucked over cause they didn't have the right equipment and/or insurance.

I want to be fully prepared when I dive into the world of motorcycles. Can anyone recommend me some good gear? Helmet, gloves, jacket, and maybe bluetooth headsets or something so I can listen to music while I ride?

Thanks in advance guys

I was just riding home from work and almost hit a deer turning the corner to my house.

I live in the middle of a city.

Am I going to have bad luck forever now?

How much are you wanting to spend?

>deer
>middle of city
Sounds like the midwest. See 'em all the time in Des Moines.

Full-face helmet with current Snell and/or ECE rating. Jacket with armor in shoulders and elbows/forearms at least (it's unobtrusive in even a Joe Rocket piece). Kevlar-laced riding jeans at least, proper riding pants with hip and knee/shin armor is better. Armored riding gloves (saved my hands quite a few times). Some headsets come with a headset built-in. For everything else, there are plenty of options like the Sena BAKA-10. Decent riding boots can be had in the 100-150 range; I have a pair of Sedicis that are surprisingly decent. My right boot does let in water during the rain, though, but I think that's because I somehow compromised the waterproof lining when I had a highside.

I don't need top of the line, especially since the bike I'm getting is a relatively middle of the road one. Middle of the road equipment would be fine for me. just as long as it's good stuff for a decent price, nothing flashy either. I'm more the subdued type anyway.

>ess em eitch becomes BAKA
lel

Yeah, Nebraska.

Deer are all over the state but I rarely ever see them this far into the city, I'm miles from any countryside.

With Des Moines, most people have a lot of good grassy yards, it sits at the confluence of a few rivers and streams, there are good stands of trees interspersed throughout the metro area and adjacent countryside, and obviously there's no hunting in the city proper. Also get a lot of rabbits; had a good-size (but not New Mexico jackrabbit) rabbit in my back yard a few days ago. Basically a half-acre of grass; they love it back there. I don't have a garden or anything, so I don't really care.

Thanks man I appreciate it. Gave me a lot to look up.

Forgot to add... You don't want low-top boots or "riding shoes" either. You "can" get away with work boots, but an ankle injury when you rekt is a good possibility. I've been over in the dirt several times and on the street twice; less banged up with the better gear I had.

We also do not recommend starting on a brand-new bike. If you want the standard, "cafe," mid-cruiser, etc. sort of thing, go for a used bike under Freedom$2k. Get some skill and experience, learn what not to do, and later buy a nice bike. Some people are lucky and get away with starting on a new bike but that's the exception.

And trust me, shitbiking is fun as fuck.
>pic related

Thanks for the tip on the boots, I was actually just gonna wear my work boots but they are low top boots. Good to know those don't necessarily cut it.

Also I had been riding around on my friend little 250 cruiser. Then when he upgraded to the R3 he let me ride around on that for while (i mean an actual while not like hours lol) I'm pretty comfortable on a bike now.

You can get decent used stuff on craigslist for cheap. Don't get gloves or boots or helmet, but pants and jacket can be good. HJC, Icon, Bell, and some others make good helmets that are decent and fairly cheap. Gloves with wrist protection and boots with ankle support offer the most protection.

>some experience
Have you rekt yet? If you have, then buy whatever bike you want. If not, shitbike some more.

Havne't ate shit yet, thank god cause they weren't my bikes lol. But I might take you up on that idea. It makes sense honestly. Also that pic you posted earlier does look like it was amazing fun to get it like that lol.

>You don't want low-top boots or "riding shoes" either.
second to high cut boots, laid bike 2 days ago, left leg got caught under the bike. this really saved me from road rash around my shin, ankle and toes.

>fun
It was the first splat of the evening. CC and I were riding down a road by a large earthen dam and we hit a mud patch at about 30 or so MPH. Slid/splat, picked up the bike (he stayed upright on his because he's a tall shit), checked it out, had a laugh, and moved on. Three or so mudholes later on, I was tired and quite fucking tired of that nonsense.

Damn guys, went riding with a friend yesterday and he had a pretty bad wreck 2.5 hours from home.

Had a literal hole in his knee about the size of a quarter you could see the bone through, bike was written off, helmet and armour is trashed. Got taken away in an ambulance and was in the hospital for about 6 hours getting x-rays and stitched up. He has some stitches, decent road rash and bruises and is in crutches now for a bit.

He was using my chest/arm armour piece and it's completely shredded now along with his helmet being smashed in and grinded down to the foam. Thank god he was wearing gear and a full faced helmet. If he was wearing leg protection he would have been able to walk away.

Don't want to be preachy but just stay safe out there guys. Went too fast around an unfamiliar corner and couldn't make the corner in time, rode right into the barricade.. Don't want to imagine what I would have seen had be been in just a t-shirt.

photo of the armour, spine protector has more damage and rips you can't see. Shoulder pad is grinded down to the metal liner.

I'mand this is exactly why I want to be prepared when I get mine. Can't be too careful.

if you want i can find that pic of when i lowsided with jeans
>you could see my butt

actually yeah, I didn't really think I needed rider pants (didn't even know that was a thing honestly) so I was just gonna wear jeans. Would be good to see why that's not so great of an idea.

That trick is old as fuck, you learn it with your first carb rebuild.

>carbs
hello from 2016

How do you hide from the existential dread /dbt/?

do wheelies to forget your feelies

hello millennial

there are cheap kevlar jeans if you care about effay
to be fair i was going hektic through a pass and should've probably used leathers

hello nobike

cool buzzword

>confirms he's a nobike
hello fagget

you are a deadset retard, enjoy shitting up threads

Nobody cares, nobike faget

>claims others to be nobike, yet posts no proof of his own.

This is how you spot the real bikeless poster.

B T F O
T
F
O

Don't want all you shitbikes to feel bad

asking for your ¢2 on this.

Laid bike two days ago, most damage took was a cracked tail fairing and a bent left handlebar.

I'm trying to look for aluminum handlebars in my area but all I get are alloy ones, are they good or anything? pros and cons?

Dumb americans call aluminium "alloy"

Really? Why? By definition 'alloy' is a mixture of metals.

they get it mixed up, who knows why

Can you all stop being sperglords?

>backpedalling: the post

Nobody does this

post as user forevermore and we will behave

>thinks pure aluminum is ever used

here is one dumb american now

from wiki
>

Aluminium is almost always alloyed, which markedly improves its mechanical properties, especially when tempered. For example, the common aluminium foils and beverage cans are alloys of 92% to 99% aluminium.[52] The main alloying agents are copper, zinc, magnesium, manganese, and silicon (e.g., duralumin) with the levels of other metals in a few percent by weight.[53]

>almost

Aluminum is almost always alloyed, alloyed is not almost always aluminum. Calling it 'alloy' and not aluminum is downright retarded.

Oh I didn't understand what the argument was

That is a bit strange, as an American, I've never heard anyone do that.

Probably just the chink ebay sellers trying to make it sound fancier.

My friends won't take me to my MSF course in the morning..I guess I'll take uber and stay in some motel nearby the range

Good, you should stop inconveniencing other people to help you.

they arent your friends

friends are overrated

I mean my milfag friends. But you're right about that

When I cook a steak, I flip it more than once.

PLEASE don't tell me you're THAT GUY who walks to class and around campus with your helmet

Not that guy since I don't go to uni anymore, but where else would you put it?

What else are you gonna do with it? Leave it there with the bike?

I have pissed in helmets on bikes before, don't leave drunk me alone near others property.

I just leave it on the bike because I park right in front of a security camera

You must live in a small town, vagrants and drug addicts don't give a fuck about cameras.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>Carrying your hard fedora around campus looking like a Grade A douche

I'd rather look like a douche than have it stolen or some asshole piss in it.

How can I stop target fixation?

No need to be this self-conscious :^]

look elsewhere

Make a conscious effort to look where you want to go.

>he doesn't have hard luggage on the commuter/grocery bike to store the helmet and gloves

just use a chain or bike lock to also lock your helmet to your bike, you guys do this anyway with the rest of your gear so its not hard

right? oh god please don't tell me you guys look like faggots walk around with your gear too

I just wear the helmet to class

Now my other problem. I roll on the throttle when I have to turn right since I'm pushing down on the right handlebar.

So I oversteer as a result and fail to complete a u-turn or a sharp right.

How do you deal with visor fog and wind bobbing?

chicken wing it and loosen up

You mean you carry it in your hand to the class?

Your arms shouldn't be really stiff anyways; try riding a bit looser. Otherwise every bump and vibration is getting transferred right up your arms into your upper body.

No, I'm legally required by law to wear one anyways

it just saves some time

can you elaborate on that?

when you find yourself with stiff arms, do the chicken wing dance.

flap your elbows like a chicken, loosen up, not still an rigid in the arms

Don't rely on locking your arms into a triangle with the bars to have leverage to turn. You shouldn't have a deathgrip on the bars anyway, it's fatiguing Grip with your knees to stay on the bike, and lead your lean with your torso,

You should be pushing the bar with your left, not pulling with your right.

>chicken wing
As silly as it sounds, it's fun to dance on the moto when a good tune comes on. If there's not heavy traffic or otherwise unsuitable conditions, anyway.

>Sitting in traffic
>Good song comes on
instant gas tank drum solo

Using the knees really does help out a ton . I'll remedy that when I go do my class this Saturday and sunday

>Sitting in traffic
this is where you fucked up

literally rebdit the posts

>95 posts
>4 bikes
Step up, /dbt/.

Still going with tire that shredded is just pure bravery...

cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5744166003.html

I honestly thought this was just a meme and nobody actually wanted a bike like this
honestly, who the fuck thinks this is a good idea/looks good? how do you turn?