All memes aside, how reliable are rx7's? Can you own one without it breaking down and needing to fix it?

All memes aside, how reliable are rx7's? Can you own one without it breaking down and needing to fix it?

Which RX7? They vary a little. But all in all are reliable and well built
But im sure youre trolling

Apex seals

vacuum lines

Fd to be precise, it would we awesome owning one, but I'm not interested if it breaks down every time you drive it

Good God.

>upgrade radiator
>delete vac lines
>install single turbo
>upgrade intercooler.
Itll run for a good long time

none of them actually pulled out of the factory because within 100 feet of driving the apex seals will go, earlier if in lower gear.

these cars are pretty old now, it would be a true sign of stupidity if one was still stock

Youd be surprised how many are still stock. I see them all the time

Is that hard to do?

Doesn't seem like a troll friendo, I'm also interested in the answer

Specifically the n/a FD

Can a college student with $100 a week of disposable income after rent/food/insurance afford to maintain it as long as there's no big breakdowns?

Are the FDs/rotaries in general easy to work on compared to a Miata for example?

How is gas mileage? You have to mix oil in or some shit right? How pricey does that get?

Inb4 poorfag get out

Not for me. But i dont know your skill level

Complete armature

>Can a college student with $100 a week of disposable income after rent/food/insurance afford to maintain it as long as there's no big breakdowns?
Yup
>Are the FDs/rotaries in general easy to work on compared to a Miata for example?
Miata is easier stock for stock. There are a million things you can remove from a FD to clean up the engine bay
>How is gas mileage? You have to mix oil in or some shit right? How pricey does that get?
Fuel mileage is bad. Expect to average 17.
No need for premix. But it doesnt hurt

what is a na fd?
what is this witchcraft

My first car was an FC. I learned a ton. Just gotta be willing to learn

>n/a FD
Doesnt exist bud

Would you recommend a fd (or fc) for a daily?

And I thought my vw was bad

wow now thats a hot air intake
could not get much hotter

no, the all time worst was honda.
what spaghetti is this

Not the guy you're talking. But my friend has daily drove an FC for 3 years and has had no major problems at all.

Premix, fix what breaks, and red line a day

NA FC.
Will be much simpler and cheaper
This one was $500 and we drove it home nearly 100 miles

>would you recommend an uncomfortable sports car with the most obnoxious engine known to man for a daily?
No

They are super comfy mate.
Loved mine for road trips.
Nothing wrong with the engine either.
Why talk when you have nothing to say?

Its intercooled

so we all agree intake temps make no difference when a car is intercooled?

Air is just going to go right past the radiator and into the air filter. It won't draw from the area of the turbine housing because there's no airflow there. Either you're drawing fresh air or you're not. There's not degrees of hot air intake.

Why does your turbo have that belt going to it?

Nope. Cant start em they blow up gotta rebuild every trip. What a piece of shit but what you expect from a Fagsda

Are you saying its bad to keep on stock?

kys

very. especially the radiator

Pulley driven supercharger

Learn something new every day fuck me

poorfag get out

>air is either hot or cold, there are no degrees of heat

lol what? re-read your shit before you post, holy shit

Reliable enough. You faggot Americans wreck them all though "because #driftcar xD"
Stop importing good cars that you are too lazy to maintain properly and that you can't drive properly.

My friend has 3 FDs

>Parts Car
>Single Turbo Car
>BNR Sequential Twins Car

There has never been a period of time longer than 3 months over the last 10 years when everything worked.

Single turbo car is in pieces because it lost a coolant seal and he decided to go nuts with upgrades.
Twin turbo car isn't spooling up the primary for some reason, we have checked everything 3-4 times and it all looks good. We'll find it eventually.

annnndd lots of them get cooked until they are rock hard in that little cozy formed ontop of the motor by the intake manifold.

>Are you saying its bad to keep on stock?
Yes

Stock radiator sucks
Stock intake pulls engine bay air backwards through the intercooler at high RPM
Stock AST is a burst cooling system waiting to happen
Stock precat further cooks everything in the engine bay
All FDs should at least have the dual oil coolers on the R1 trim
Stock sequential turbo control system can be simplified and the solenoids can be moved to a colder place in the engine bay

There is more, but yeah it is a bad idea to keep these cars completely stock. You don't have to up the power if you don't want to but reliability mods need to be done.