What did he mean by this

what did he mean by this

Fuck, even your trailers look depressing over there...

?

What am I looking at here, a portable diesel generator to recharge an electric car?

Also is that Norway, I know Atlas Copco is Swedish my dad does business with them from time to time.

I'm guessing the home is the genny is burning more fuel less cleanly than a modern gasser would for the same range?

Jesup christ, how inefficient can it possibly get.

Sad part is that portable generator is probably more efficient than the modern electrical grid.

Electricity =/= efficient or "green"

Yeah. It says "inngang" and not "inngÄng", so it's probably Norway.

>YOLO
Seems about right

Yeah its in Asker, Norway

to be honest though, that generator is both
>more efficient than your "regular" car engine (at least because it runs at the most efficient load/rpm)
>less polluting that your "regular" power station
all this still don't change the fact that what people call "green", "zero emissions", "environmentally friendly" is far from being so

Depends on how your local grid gets power, nigger.

If you're living near that big-ass solar mirror collector thing in nevada you're pretty set for low emissions.

Would have been better if the car was charging while towing the generator down the street.

my god it would be bonerific to haul this thing after an electric car to make environmentalfags angry

Valid point for EXISTING electricity usage/users.
However, almost any renewable energy power station has very little elasticity regarding the power output (except hydro IF it's not too dry (no water) or too wet (can't dump too much water downstream)).
This means that any surge is met with whichever is the fastest to go online and/or rapidly increase the output.
Unfortunately, the most elastic are the ones based on burning stuff.
And those are the first ones to be stopped if the demand goes down
This is what's called "marginal increase/decrease"

So, on the short term, every time you use an electric car, you increase pollution and vice-versa.
Only on the long term, when electricity consumption is constantly elevated, it makes more sense to build alternatives and hopefully some of those alternatives will be "cleaner"

basically there's no easy answer and reading about it on internet forums won't make you smarter about it

If you are smart and charge your electric car in off peak times (like at night) when industrial power consumption is low you don't cause this extra loading. Also if you have a smart (digital) power meter you can get the power much cheaper than you would at on-peak times

charge trailers are a nice idea but don't really work in practice unless the car's software is designed to do all the weird load balancing wizardry involved in charging a battery while draining it at the same time.

the Volt had a shitload of R&D into it to make that work and the i3 can only really do a little scooter engine

Youropoors can't even afford legible license plates!

Have it running just dumping exhaust a leaking oil as you tow it.

top kek!

Unless you live near a Nuclear power plant like myself. Ultra clean energy supplied to the surrounding area.

Please ignore the fact that TMI almost had a full scale meltdown about 25 years ago.

I found a better solution