World Rally Championship 2016

How does Veeky Forums feel about the modern WRC? Do you prefer smaller rally events? Reminder that these 300hp cars are faster than their Gruppe B equivalents.

youtube.com/watch?v=T-WWY0izE2o

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=INwqyPct8qY
youtube.com/watch?v=61hjZz4C32U
youtu.be/fR2ndjTXS1Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Group B was for men. It took balls. And being a spectator took balls

Rally/rallycross is the most entertaining motorsport of modern times.

it's a bit cucked now, but still interesting

I watch some of the highlights when they come up on youtube

>they're faster
And a modern Group B would be faster still, and it wouldn't be pritzy little hatchbacks not remotely based on some insane road car, but insane, fullblown AWD monsters that people could buy almost in rally spec.

youtube.com/watch?v=INwqyPct8qY

its 2016, car manufacturers will never make a fun car again

The Vineyard of Rallye Deutshland is the single best stage of the entire WRC calendar.

Shame they don't do the Kenyan rallies with the zebra herds running full speed along side the cars. Looked so cool.

80s WRC had some kickass locales
There was one on a lip of a volcano, forgot the name.

How do I watch modern rally anyway?

>3:30, that footwork, wow.

>Tfw stock shitbox rally isn't popular

Check OP's link. FIA WRC has their own channel.

Or did you mean in person?

More like live. I like rally vidya and watched a few documentaries and stuff but never live. I subbed to OPs channel and downloaded that video. Gonna watch it later

The last stage of each rally is broadcasted live on tv. I'd do a bit of research and look if any TV channel broadcasts it in my country, if I were you. Also look for full highlights on TV or just torrent them somewhere.
If you want more live experience, there's a free radio feed all day long on the WRC website during the events. You can also sign up to WRC+ if it's available in your country (costs about 5€/month). It has the Power Stage live just like TV plus sometimes one or two other stages. It also has full highlights, onboard cameras for every stage of the rallies, live tracking and some documentaries if I'm not mistaken.

>There was one on a lip of a volcano, forgot the name.

Damn

free local rallies rules, wrc stages are mostly ticketed, and you watch only modern b class hatchbacks, which are fast, but it doesn't mean they are more fun to watch

also there will be no more private teams in 2017 so fuck them

>wrc stages are mostly ticketed

Depends on which ones I guess. I know GB has you pay for a pass and Germany makes you pay to park (although I heard stories of people parking somewhere isolated and then cutting through the vineyards on foot) but for my part, I've been spectating at Monte-Carlo for close to 10 years and Corsica before that and never spent a penny for it. I think people in southern France would just destroy everything if you told them they had to pay to watch cars passing where they live, especially when they did it for free for decades.

I pay for WRC+ user i guess you can say things are pretty serious

I don't like the cars but the level of skill is incredible

if you watch a local or amateur rally race and compare it to a wrc the speed is incomparable but sometimes i think the amateurs are better to watch. maybe because you can be a part if you want and the cars are more realistic. kind of like comparing f1 to the amateur races at the local track

All modern motorsports suck due to over regulation

It just seems neutered, even compared to a decade ago. I can understand they needed to make changes to control costs and keep things competitive, but theres like no personality to the cars nowadays.

The events seem smaller/less extravagant than before, and the driver's list is basically a list of "who?"

It's the best modern motorsport. Subaru vs. Mitsubishi really made it ideal though, the rivalry needs to return

Non WRC rallies are pretty cool but the WRC is meh to watch.

Hill climbing is better. No restrictions, all the cars sound and look unique. It's pretty much the closest thing to group B. Where else are you going to find FWD race cars and formula cars racing against each other?

youtube.com/watch?v=61hjZz4C32U

>tfw evo is kill

Sick wreck at 29:00

This.
Unrelated, but fighting to the death for sport should also be a thing.

> Where else are you going to find FWD race cars and formula cars racing against each other?

>Not mentioning based bathtubs

youtu.be/fR2ndjTXS1Q