So, how come it isn't recognized that Europeans actually came up with writing first?

Neolithic Europeans discovered writing before Sumerians around 6000 bc:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dispilio_Tablet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tărtăria_tablets
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinča_symbols

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiahu_symbols
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-writing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they didn't. Did you read the article you linked?

>The Tărtăria tablets are three tablets, discovered in 1961 by archaeologist Nicolae Vlassa at a Neolithic site in the village of Tărtăria (about 30 km (19 mi) from Alba Iulia), in Romania.[1] The tablets, dated to around 5300 BC,[2] bear incised symbols—the Vinča symbols—and have been the subject of considerable controversy among archaeologists, some of whom claim that the symbols represent the earliest known form of writing in the world.

kek you are in denial baby

That's not what my university history professor taught me which I spent over $50,000 on Learning so you must be incorrect. Trust me, I know these things, I visit Veeky Forums regularly.

We're not sure if the Vinča symbols are a true writing system or just pretty decorations. They don't seem to be repetitive enough to be a true symbolic writing system

Sorry, the Chinese hold the record for "world's oldest chicken scratches that might be considered writing"

>you are in denial

By supporting the majority view on a subject I don't give a shit about? Uh, ok.

Nice find OP, they remind me of the Indus Valley tablets.

Don't forget we live in an age of PC and Wewuzism and the only thing the status quo will admit whites invented is colonialism.

So we got two early possibly writing civilizations that were destroyed by the IE invasion?

There's not enough there to definitively say it was a language or not. Although personally it looks like a proto language to me,

You literally quoted it as having controversy on whether it is a language or not.

>There's not enough there to definitively say it was a language or not
The same with the Indus Valley seals. They haven't deciphered them yet and it is still not clear whether it is a language or not.

A proto language?

What the fuck?

>whites

These people were from Anatolia like all other Neolithic farmers. Real whites were living up north hunting and fishing and not doing playing around with clay.

Anatolians are white actually.

No, they are Muslims and Muslims generally can't be white.

whitey b linvig on a caves in da caucus while blacks were flying in a spaceships I ain kiddin witchal lmao

They were different from modern Anatolians anyway.

Also muslim is a religion not an ethnicity.

Weak bait won't get a (You).

You have to go back to your board

>Falling for it.
Damn.

Reddit is to the left.

So getting IE genes added to your population makes you less white?
And it may be a religion, but it still determines whenever you are white or not with a few exceptions.

>So getting IE genes added to your population makes you less white?

Never said that.

Besides they were also invaded by Assyrians and Turks.

I would say that none of these invasions really matter for their whiteness as whiteness is about identity.
If Spain had went Muslim they wouldn't be considered white by the majority of people and if Morocco would have become christian they would have been considered white. Same for Turkey, they would have been considered as white as anyone from Anatolia of Seljuk had converted to Christianity but now they aren't.

Here is a translation for one of those

bullshit

>Ares
>7000+ years ago
That's now how language or religion or anything works

Also
>2000 grapes each month
They had barely figured out agriculture, let alone domesticated vines, and how the fuck do you produce grapes each month in a temperate climate?

Also holy shit I just noticed he somehow guessed Ares from just 're'.
Why not the Egyptian Re aka Ra, or any other god with a Re syllable in the middle? Why not the Greek exclamation "re!" used in the entire Balkan and Anatolia? How arbitrary.

The sound values are arbitrary....

Actually the consensus is that the Indus river valley civilization stuff is actually writing. We just can't decipher it

So why Ares?

WE

Apparently I was wrong.

He was comparing the symbols to Mycenaean Linear B.

Pic related.

I guess it's worth noting that proto-Greeks would have probably interacted with the last iteration of the vinca culture many thousands of years after the vinca tablets.

and I never did think Linear B shared much with Linear A desu.

but this translation is still bullshit and I highly doubt that is where the symbols came from.

May Ares be blessed with many a grape!
May the Greek language last forever!
Non-whites can eat a dick!

It doesn't look like the Fenician one at all.

Phoenicians didn't use Linear B so it's not surprise.

But aren't the majority of European languages based on the fenician one? From were is the linear A or B inspired?

Hieroglyphs or some shit probably.

All chicken scratches look the same.

>we live in an era of wewuzism
Nigga you are litteraly claiming that white wuz writers n shiet. Why do you care so much about what some tribal faggots who may have slightly look like you did 8000 years ago?

>But aren't the majority of European languages based on the fenician one?

Um no?

What the hell are you talking about?

Phoenician is a semitic language no European ethnicity speaks Semitic langauges nowadays.

> From were is the linear A or B inspired?

Linear B writings came after Linear A, but Linear A is still untranslated and most likely pre Indo european while Linear B is a system of writing used for Greek in the bronze Age.

Both have nothing to do with Phoenician which is a Semitic language always found encoded in the Phoenician Alphabet.

I'm curious how old their entry in the contest is, since the Ishango Bone got dated to 20,000 years ago.

Linear B pre-dated Phoenician by like 600 years.

>But aren't the majority of European languages based on the fenician one?

Scripts and languages are not the same thing. Don't confuse the two.

European scripts and all most non-chinese scripts in Asia are all based on Phoenician script, but the languages are not related.

However, Linear B is believed to be derived from Linear A which is believed to be derived from Egyptian or Anatolian Hieroglyphs.

Chinese bone script or whatever is almost certainly not writing. Its pretty clear obviously just rudimentary pictograms.

>Chinese bone script or whatever is almost certainly not writing. Its pretty clear obviously just rudimentary pictograms.
Yeah, I get that. If the Ishango Bone is anything, it's certainly not writing. We're just trying to figure out earliest chicken scratches like OP has got.

It's not "chickenscratches" you retarded fuck, most archaeologists consider it as a form of proto writing.

I'm gonna need some sauce on that

Wikipedia you fuck tard:

One would assume one comes up with writing before one develops civilization - you kinda need one for the other.

The Mayans, for instance, were writing for almost 1000 years before they built their first city. (Albeit, well after either the Sumerians.)

Ishango bone is pretty clearly chicken scratch tally marks then. Anyway, the Chinese entry in the proto-writing contest dates to about 6600 BC and has about as much merit as the Vinca symbols
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiahu_symbols
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-writing

I always find it strange how we have around 100,000 years of humans doing nothing, and then, about 10,000 years ago, we have every-other civilization coming up with writing and cities over the course of maybe 5,000 years (less, if you omit the Americas). ...and this, often in areas completely isolated from one another.

Really gets them neurons fired up.

I was kinda hoping someone had an explanation that didn't involve aliens, Atlantis, or the 100th monkey phenomenon.

How the hell is that 17?

Climate change leads to grasses becoming the most viable foodstock for humans
Humans learn they can ensure the grass harvest is abundant with agriculture
Civilization happens

The exchange rate between the cradle of civilization (be it Europe or the Fertile Crescent), and Asia wasn't absolute zero - just close to. It'd only take a handful of people from even a proto-civilization to influence or inspire another group to do the same, even if they'd only seen it in action, without knowing the details. True even if this information came second or third hand.

It wasn't a worldwide phenomenon, because the Australian Aborigines, among other isolated human groups, apparently didn't get the memo.

...and if one group of humans can figure it out, so can another, and that should be sufficient explanation for the late development of mesoamerica.

But the 100,000 year gap I've no real explanation for.

Fallen angels.

Grass has been around for 55 million years though, it's not as if it suddenly started sprouting 10,000 years ago. So it doesn't really explain a 100,000 years of homo sapiens wandering about without creating civilizations, and then, suddenly, writing and buildings cities everywhere.

Base 12 number system.

10,000 years ago, we came out of a 100,000 year ice age. Perhaps it's related to that.

>Denounces wewuzism
>We wuz the first writers n shit

Funny thing is the modern """""races""""" of humankind probably didn't even exist back then, at least not in the form as we know them now (e.g. all of Europe being white, all of Africa being black etc.)

Grass has been around for a long time, but that doesn't mean it was a viable source of food for all of human history
Pretty fucking hard to build a society that relies on grains during an ice age.

>probably
I love it how people use that word to embellish their opinions. You're probably full of shit.

There were humans in places that were temperate or tropical even during the ice age, you know.

Neanderthal cave paintings.

Why does that cave wall has a near-perfect repetitive pattern? Fishy.

Source?

>The repetitive rock texture
>That perfect line from the wall to the floor
>The grass texture
Who are you trying to fool here?

the Europeans did nothing with their writing, civilization developed in Sumeria first.

Bet you believe the Europeans invented the printing press though

>Bet you believe the Europeans invented the printing press though
Oh come on, which Simpson did it this time? Leave us with something!

>there are some people in Veeky Forums who confuse language and writing system

God, don't remind me of that Nordic Israelites thread.

Yeah, but aside from Mesoamerica, Africa, and Australia, not in the numbers that were around the mediterranean and ME. Probably also not under the same ideal circumstances.

If you assume civilization comes about due to a rare combination of events, but naturally spreads everywhere once it results - like say, life or the industrial revolution - coupled with most of the place being too cold for some of those circumstances up until recently, then I suppose it makes some sense... Even if it isn't a very satisfactory explanation. (Still wanting for something, more, but meh, everything is so speculative going that far back.)

What are the odds that Neolithic people were counting in hexadecimal vs the symbol meaning "50" or something unrelated to numbers?

>hexadecimal
Duodecimal. Jesus smite my stupid brain

*shrug* Numbers are the first things folks start scratching out, generally. Not that I'm buying the 'translation' either, but it seems likely some of those marks would be numbers.

>Ishango bone is pretty clearly chicken scratch tally marks
Well it's rather hard to know for sure.

>Text reads BIVAIDONAS MAQI MUCOI CUNAVA[LI], or in English, "Of Bivaidonas, son of the tribe Cunava[li]".

>citation needed

Not to mention that they can't even decipher scripts with thousands of characters worth of evidence like IVC script or Linear A.

But you are telling me they deciphered a bunch of horizontal scratches on a bone and got a reliable translation?

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

pic related, & chinese can suck it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham
Thanks for proving my point.