Should I buy a 2016 mustang ecoboost or a v8? Should I get it in stick? I have never driven a manual before...

Should I buy a 2016 mustang ecoboost or a v8? Should I get it in stick? I have never driven a manual before. V8 would be a little out of my budget, but I could make it work.

>inb4 faget

Buy a 2015 gt in a year.

I'd shed a tear if you got a V8 stang in automatic. Its like you aren't even really driving the car.
It's not that hard to pick up a stick either specially in new cars.

ESPECIALLY in a car with a V8 and plenty of torks.

the v8 is god tier and the stick is easy to drive. holds its value better too.

get a v8 ecoboost

v8 stick wtf are you even questioning this

Ecomeme and manual would actually be pretty cool desu senpai if you can't get a GT get that instead of a v6

V8 stick. You're a goddamn fool if you have the money to get a V8 and choose a V6 instead.

Get the 2015 V8 stick but with a premium.

If you get the 2016 you'll have to get the non premium for the same price.

I like the car. My last car was a 335i.

Get a 2011 to 2014 gt. Spend 10 grand that you save. on caring for it or something.

Do you like the newer styling or interior? I hate how the newer Stang's look but don't let me stop you from getting the car you want.

>inb4 he does clutch burnouts cuz too much tourque

If you want a nice car buy a 700$ Honda to learn stick on first

But, if I buy an ecoboost I could mod it to do way more horsepower than a v8 at a fraction of the cost

Agreed.

I've owned 3 Mustangs:
'90 LX, Auto
'00 GT, Auto
'14 GT500, Manual

Go manual. Just do it. Trust me. Way more fun.

That's just false.

Not really. You'd pretty much spend the difference between the 4-banger and the V8 in mods, just to have similar peak figures but worse power delivery.

They money you spent on modifying an ecoboost to be as fast as a V8 would meet or even exceed the cost of a GT.

The money you spent on modifying an ecoboost to be as fast as a V8 could've been spent on making the V8 faster than an ecoboost could ever hope to be.

If you can, get the fucking V8 Jesus Christ.

V8 is a meme car that's going to stop being manufactured next year. Go with the ecoboost. You'll get better fuel economy too

As an owner of an Ecoboost, no. You could do 1/4 mile pulls faster because of the weight difference, but you won't be putting down anything more than 320-330 whp reliably with simple bolt-ons. You'll need a bigger turbo to come close to the V8 hp range.

>buying new
Stay cucked.

manual. you'll learn it good in a week or two... remember, even women drove manuals back then. it's not impossible to do.
ecoboost is pretty awesome. you go rather quick and if you can't afford the GT with performance pack (and its staggered tires), then I'd go with an ecoboost with the performance pack. you'll get plenty of go out of it and the performance pack makes it glorious. sticky tires and a higher differential and less front-end weight, mmmmm. you can make some awesome turns.
remember that the GT will also have higher insurance.

That means it'll have collector value. Meanwhile Ecoboost has been getting slower every year.

A week or two? Took about five minutes for me when I was 10 years old.

okay, smartass. a week or two to get the finesse down, to make it so you're not lurching it around.
5 minutes for the concept and to get moving, probably yes.

Stick is a meme it fucking sucks auto v8 or die

this
the AMERICAN way

no

>2016 mustang ecoboost or a v8?

Really depends on your priorities. The ecoboost mustang is a very fun car, but your sacrificing a lot to get that fuel efficiency. Unlike in previous generations where you got the v6 only because you were poor, or just wanted the styling the ecoboost has some compelling numbers that makes it more of an actual decision between the two, it isn't as night and day. As other anons have said your sacrificing more than just grunt and power, the GT mustangs hold value better.

>Should I get it in stick?

A stick shift is a must have in a mustang, a stick shift can make any mustang enjoyable to drive, even a 145hp SN95 v6. An Auto will rob any mustang of a good amount of fun. Manual mustangs again are more desirable and they usually come with very simple, very forgiving shifters and clutches which makes them easy to learn and simple for daily use.

>V8 would be a little out of my budget, but I could make it work.

if it's out of your budget you shouldn't try to make it work. don't overextend yourself for an impractical vehicle. if you've never driven a manual before, it would seem safe to assume you're new to cars and the Ecoboost would give you plenty of fun with its 300hp.

>Mustang GT
>impractical

After doing some thinking and looking over some anons answers, I think I'll go with the ecoboost manual. While I would love to get a V8, I think it'd just be a financial burden at this point. Gas + higher insurance would rob me.

I probably shouldn't have test drove the V8, because honestly it was the sound that sold me.

Manual V8 in manual is best but I gotta tell you that ecoboost is fucking awesome too, it's got some real get up and go to it.
Test drive both before deciding.

>wants a muscle car
>doesn't want a V8
u wot

You'll regret it. Enjoy your girlstang.

Good choice

Ecoboost has some problems so it's better if ur gonna get a 16 one which I think ford solved it's problems but on the whole 15 v8 manual is perfecto

And void your powertrain warranty in the process.

You'll regret it every time you see a GT.
You'll regret it every time you start up your car in the morning
You'll regret it every time you pop the hood
You'll regret it every time you're on the highway and you hear the BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

>but it's cheaper lol

Then you can't afford a mustang right now.

New to Veeky Forums. Recently got a 2008 Mustang GT, manual, V8. Did I do good? It sure feels like I did good.

Duh