Veeky Forums, I'm a college student and I'm going to be switching my car from a Hyundai to a Lexus...

Veeky Forums, I'm a college student and I'm going to be switching my car from a Hyundai to a Lexus. I want true comfort and reliability since I'm going to make pretty long commutes

I'm planning to sell my 2011 Sonata so I can buy a 2012 ES 350. Is this a good idea? Does anyone own an ES 350 that can vouch for it's comfort and reliability? The Hyundai has had recalls and is slowly falling apart now because of its mileage

I'm going to be getting $9,000 for the Hyundai to put a down payment for the $21,000 Lexus. Living with mommy and daddy is definitely helping since I don't need to do a house payment

Other urls found in this thread:

atcm.co/S2PVDP/19fc3b1e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>college student
>going into more debt
Shiggy diggy.

Keep the Hyundai. Fix it.

>literally buying a rebadged camry
just buy a loaded camry you nigger

>college student buying a $21,000 lexus he can't afford
Lmao, this place.

Sell the Hyundai and get another car you can buy in cash. Going into debt while in college is absolutely retarded.

You're on the wrong board if you're thinking about dropping $21k on a FWD Lexus

I have a well paying job actually my fear is me putting me more work than I already have and it fucking up on me. The steering wheel is starting to knock

you would be better off getting a minty 05-06 LS430 than the ES. it will hold value better, be cheaper to run/insure, and be cheaper to purchase. the 07-12 ES350 interior is worse than an 05-06 ES330 imo.

>fwd
>bad
All about fuel economy fag

Only problem is finding an older LS without 120,000+ miles. That's been my main issue

how far are you willing to travel to purchase

100+ miles, I'm in the Tampa Bay area

That sort of mileage is nothing, on a Lexus at least.

You're actually dumb if you buy a lexus. They are the same as a camry with a slightly different trim. I feel like you just want a lexus to feel better about yourself when in reality everyone knows you're retarded for buying a rebadged toyota

2006 Lexus LS 430
Lexus of Orlando
$16,000
(800) 542-9657
atcm.co/S2PVDP/19fc3b1e

>I want true comfort and reliability

not enjoying the comfort level of a lexus. pssshhh

Don't listen to these shitposts, you gotta remember this board is a specific niche of extremists like if you asked about your weight on an anorexia forum. It's always gonna be "RWD 100000 HP PAGANI ONLY FUCK YOUR BORING CAR POORFAG" etc. (reality: most posters here are 17yos driving Civics anyway).

I have a 2007 ES350 113K and it's great. Perfect for smooth comfortable reliable with a little bling. Laypeople don't care about your horsepower or your Garret turbo or whatever other shit poor kids modding their shitboxes jack off to all day on Veeky Forums/o/, but laypeople are retards who are brainwashed by TV commercials so they think luxury brands are cool. BMW MB Audi Lexus probably in that order.

>I want true comfort and reliability since I'm going to make pretty long commutes

Step 1 - Acquire Cadillac Fleetwood 75 or Fleetwood Brougham (gotta have dat body-on-frame design) (Preferably 1977–1979 Brougham for dat 7.0L V8) (Avoid the transverse-engined FWD 1985–1992 non-Brougham, though consider the LT-1-equipped RWD 1993-1996s).
Step 2 - Replace shocks.
Step 3 - Reupholster interior / sound system.
Step 4 - Fix anything wrong with drivetrain.
Step 5 - ???
Step 6 - Profit! (aka save a couple $thousand and have something with more character than a goddamn 2010s-era mid-length-wheelbase sedan.)

P.S. Just look at the pic - chicks dig it.

Holy shit thank you

OP here, fucking love old school land barges

you're welcome man. just make sure to get a ppi at the dealer and you should be good.

wow thats actually really reasonable for a final year LS with 70k miles