Be me

>Be me
>Drive on highway
>Set cruise control to 10km/h (6mph) less than speed limit
>Cruise along in the right lane and never have to pass anyone because I'm the slowest driver on the road

So I arrive at my destination like 10 minutes later than I would have. Big fucking deal. It's relaxing. I highly recommend if you're driving on the highway.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8CPlF-IEkXQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I set cruise at 66. Most people are doing 70+ anyway.
Arive at destinate in a normal amount of time. Relaxed and low anxiety

This 2bqh famili

>Be me
>drive riced stanced Subaru
>drive 100 mph on highway
>get pulled over by cops
>after ticket keep speeding anyway

>set cruise control at exact speed limit
>cruise in the left lane and never worry about changing lanes to pass

Canadian detected.

That shit don't fly in most American cities fucker. Nothing gives you more anxiety than being the slowest thing on a 4 lane interstate highway. Every thing It's flying past you and every one runs up on your ass before changing lanes to pass. You also can't change lanes because your going to slow and miss openings.

I set my cruise to 120 mph

>Flip mirror down
>Keep stopping at rest areas for a couple tokes off the pipe

REEEEEE FUCKING NORMIES GET OUT OF MY LANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>things that never happened
>having to brake every time a grandma or guy towing a heavy load has to pull onto an off-ramp anyway

>tfw no cruise control

just econobox my shit up familia

>be me
>drive highway
>drive 90~130 mph
>get to destination 40 minutes earlier
feels good not being a cuck

your car can reach and maintain those speeds user?

Do you own a ecoboost?

>be me
>set cruise 6-7 mph over the speed limit
>passing line of cars
>car flies up behind me
>tailgating like a motherfucker
>temper goes from 0-60 instantaneously
>rage hard
>either slow down or brake check
fucking tailgaters.

my econobox truck throws codes and has a limiter at 88 mph. GOOD speed for cruisin' tho

check eum

>oh boy here's that fag that drives an automatic mustang that drives slower than everyone else
Go away

nice digits friendo

I feel like i am going to die in my shitbox once i get anywhere near 80mph

Aren't your rpms supper high at 88? if you are limtted at that speed you must be running out of gearing at that point?

It's not like he's driving a 4 speed.
My car is at 4000pm at 90mph

You were so close.

>It's not like he's driving a 4 speed
>mfw driving a 4speed and overdrive doesn't work
>3 gears a shit
>need more gears
>feelsbadman.wav

Sounds like you need a new transmission

maybe close to 4k rpm in 5th gear, which is overdrive 0.79:1 ratio... I didn't try downshifting to 4th so might have been able to go faster.

it can mantain 90 mph np
130 is top speed
its a 2 liter turbo diesel with 150 hp

This. I'm always going Atleast 10-15 mph over the speed limit but it never fails some asshole is right on my god damn bumper. BACK OFF DICK BAG. Makes me want to brake check the motherfucker then when we pull over beat him with my pry bar.

go ahead. slow down or brake check me. brake check me hard cuck, i can outbrake your shitbox ahah. just be ready, im overtaking you on the right and we'll see if you can outbrake me big boy.

It works fine except overdrive no longer will engage.

2 liter turbo diesel
turbo diesel
diesel
fix
it
again
tony

:^)

is the new meme diesels are unreliable now? ahahah

better than your shitty 4 speed for sure cuck.. lol

wew i smell some asspain

go ahead and drive your 4 speed bro, surely its fast and i you can plough through corners while eating burgers

gears 1-3 im golden famili
you on other hand stuck on side of road w8tin for tony 2 arrive

My civic can do this and it does no have a turbo

such a reliable vehicle 4th gear broke for no reason
i bet taking it to 75 mph on a long downhill on its 14 inch rims gives you the thrills.
stop shittalking if you drive an 80s landbarge

wanna know why? because its got the same amount of horsepower.

>tfw no cruise control in 95 camry

What kind of super car are you driving?

wew m80 no need to get so ass blasted. I know it must be frustrating to have tony working on your ride every other day. tony must be taking his time fixing your shit fami making you sour desu

if you unironically believe this either your autism is showing up or youre literally 70 iq.
either way, keep driving your 100 whp 5500 lbs 5.0l v6 pumping tunes on them 13 inch speakers. youre cool.

>postin on 4chins
>not being an autismo
are u even trying anymore?

nothing special, but i bet youre not stomping on the brake pedal all the way. as soon as im done overtaking you on the right im stomping on it, explain that to your insurance.

I've done it hard enough to feel the abs kick for a second. Not every time of course, but once or twice. Was more curious regarding your cars acceleration, I'm in a 5.0 mustang gt. Not super fast but quicker than the average shitbox. As soon as I brake check someone I drop a gear and lay into it.

Ever tried to drive in Mexico? Mexico CIty?

Jesus fucking christ....

>set cruise control to 75
>sit in lane next to left lane
>come up on slower car
>check blind spot
>signal
>merge over
>pass without ever touching brakes
>faster car coming up behind me
>complete pass
>signal back to lane next to left lane
>merge
>continue on at 75

feels good man

Holy fuck hahahahaha

>tfw 80mph
>tfw 2.5krpm

Feels good familia

You that MBA student?

Tfw 60mph
Tfw 3.3krpm

Miatlyf.

>his car isn't smooth or relaxing at 6mph(10km/h) over the speed limit
lmao

>tfw have a car with cruise control
>too afraid to use it

You must be weak minded then cause when I'm on the highway I'm chill as fuck with the cruise control on.

This tbqh senpai. 75 is max comfy.

>75 mph
>120 km/h

But isn't that the standard speed for highways? It is here, and it's slow as shit. I envy france, italy and other countries who have 130 kmh (80 mph) limits.

my nigga

>set cruise control to maximum
>sit in left lane not caring about traffic behind me
>occasionally brake hard because some asshat doing barely over the speed limit decided to crawl past another asshat doing exactly the speed limit
Feels quite good.
Autobahn fuck yeah.

>be poor
>be driving a dated econobox
>90 hp, AC, OEM alloy wheels... That was a loaded shitbox when it came out (pretty sure the only thing missing from the options catalog is leather and sunroof)
>B roads all day every day 'cause loltollroads
>much more comfortable than at highway speed
>trips are 20-30% longer but idgaf because comfy elbow out the window cruising at 55-60 mph > getting screamed at by my 4 banger at 80 mph
>dat fuel economy too
>Also, B roads are more engaging to drive on and landscapes are nicer

Yep. Why?

>Set cruise control to 10km/h (6mph) less than speed limit

When assholes do this to cause traffic jams, get in front of them and do a brake check to force them out of cruise control. This is a service to everyone else. Assholes that DELIBERATELY cause traffic jams suck.

These types of drivers know they are pissing other drivers off. SO they do it. Open your sunroof and flip a few ice cubes out and they will impact that car's windshield. Hopefully a crack will appear in that traffic jam causing slow driver car.

>flip some ice cubes
>mfw
youtu.be/8CPlF-IEkXQ

Speed limits in the burgers range from 55mph-80mph on the highway/interstates.

Most cars, including new shitboxes, can cruise at 90 mph with no problems

Do people actually use CC? I never trust the shit. I already have enough bad experiences with electronics in cars as is. I'm not going to give up my control on that pedal for anything. Fags like you guys are the reason self-driving cars are allowed to exist.

>Set cruise control to 10km/h (6mph) regardless of speed limit
>Cruise along in the right lane at inchworm pace and take 18 hours to go anywhere

this tbqh except oldtruck instead of shitbox

>tfw driving WV backroads in late summer
>tfw cool breeze through vent windows smells of fresh cut grass and sun baked leaves
>tfw oldtruck rumbles along, quite content in its natural habitat

10/10 absolute maximum comfy

>I'm not going to give up my control on that pedal for anything
I bet you don't trust your handbrake either and sleep in your car with your foot on the brake pedal.

I'm more of a blue ridge rider, but yeah, nothing like rambling.

In which civilized country is this legal? Germany? The UK?

America doesn't train its drivers well enough for half of them not to die at 90mph

i do this in italy. speed limit's 80 mph. i dont see whats hard about going 'fast' in a straight line

I am convinced that the people posting this type of shit have never even driven a car before. There is no conceivable way to comfortably cruise in the slow lane given the amount of fucking on/off ramps. Literally every mile is a ramp and it just becomes a complete shit show because no one knows how to fucking merge.

Even cruising in the middle lane is a fucking hassle because then you get people from the right lane merging at the last second into the middle to avoid the fucktards at the on/off ramps.

Left lane @ 90mph is the only reasonable way to cruise. But this isn't possible because some fucking moron going 70 blocks it up constantly.

Fuck everyone

Move out of the city.

I've cruised down i75 without seeing another car for 45 minutes. Well, on the northbound side.

Lol you little bitch. You can turn it off by:

>1) closing the brake switch (i.e. tapping the brake pedal just enough to turn on the brake lights)
>2) closing the clutch pedal switch (same thing)
>3) pressing the "cancel" button
>4) turning the cruise control switch off

I use it all the time. My previous car had a cable throttle so you could feel the gas pedal move as adjustments were made, my dad's truck is the same way. My current car has an electronic throttle body so nothing happens to the gas pedal. Cruise control apparently works better or more efficiently on cars with electronic tb's since the ECM can control the throttle directly. My car also has a manual transmission so I'd imagine it's easier to maintain vehicle speed with direct gear ratios (just speculating though). As a result of having a manual trans I can also cut power anytime I want if something does go wrong.

I did 180 kph in a 120 zone in driving school while my teacher wasn't paying attention. Friend of mine hit the limiter of the driving school car, which was at 250 kph. I'm not even joking, this is how Germans learn to drive.

i bet you get taught how to drive on anything but a 1.2 tdi polo. dont lie on the internet

In my experience people who complain about bad drivers on the road are actually the ones who are shit drivers.

You're a fucking shitty driver.

I've never seen a speed limit here that's over 70. It fucking blows. The average speed here is 65mph.

It doesn't matter since everyone does 75 on two lanes, and 80 on 3/4 lanes

I learned on a TDI golf that topped out at around 190, my friend was at a fancy driving school that had a Mercedes C-class with more power than reasonable.

I have an 88 prelude, and it has cruise control. Kind of surprises me how many people here don't

I drove around in a freaking 95 saturn with a 5 speed and it had cruise control

Back in the 70's, maybe 80's, there was a federal law that mandated a 55 mph speed limit on all roads. Now days most interstate highways have either 65 or 75 mph limits.
There's a toll road I've driven on a few times that has it set at 85. Not once have I ever seen another car on it, so for once I can drive fast on a public road (I guess people out in the country hate tolls).
>Cruising at 120 without fear
Feels so fucking good

Please consider drinking bleach

>going 120mph in my 2007 honda odyssey
>set cruise control
>eco mode turns on
>mfw

i do this somtimes when im in a bad mood at work and i need a little bit more breathing room in between calls so i stop and get gas and snacks and take a piss and chickat with the gas station lady and listen to NPR a little longer on the radio

Well CC is supposed to be eco mode

kek, come to Kansas and do eet. There are signs posted on the interstate saying 'Keep right except to pass' and the highway patrol will issue tickets if they see you staying in the left lane when there is no reason to.

>Drive on a motorway
>set cruise control to 100mph (160kmh)
>Enjoy left lane (during weekends no trucks and at early morning hours quite empty.
>Bypass occasional cars 185kmh (110mph)
>enjoy views of Polish and ex-german countryside

In the odeccey it means it went from 6 to 4 cylinders

It's pretty fucking dangerous using CC above 100mph. You better have your foot covering the brake otherwise your asking to get deer-fucked.

>When assholes do this to cause traffic jams, get in front of them and do a brake check to force them out of cruise control.

My car has adaptive cruise control so it will automatically slow down and then speed back up to cruise control speed. It also has automatic emergency braking to prevent brake check collisions on the freeway. So if I don't stomp my brake, it will do so for me. It also has Stay In Lane which turns my steering wheel to stay in the lane. I also have high-resolution dashcam which will spot if you toss stuff at me. It will also spot the brake check which is illegal to do in my state. Yes, the highway patrol spokeswoman actually said that. The highway patrol said brake checking is illegal.

So, I will have done nothing wrong, but I will submit the evidence to the official record and they will save it as a complaint to your record if I don't file a lawsuit. It can then come up in any future lawsuit someone else files against you as evidence you have an alleged history of road rage.

So I will be the winner. Back to cruising 54MPH in the 60MPH zone.
It's comfy.
It saves gas.
I have my MPG.

It's too bad insurance companies don't have a place to turn in footage with license plates of road ragers. I'd like to see their rates go up from my dashcam video of their brake checking.

>Speed limits in the burgers range from 55mph-80mph on the highway/interstates
In my state, 60MPH is the limit. The state uses Absolute Limit. So that is the true maximum speed. Anything above that is illegal.

I thank EU for thick wildlife protection fences along the motorway (certain parts of it). Protects both parties.

What kind of economy box made in the last 30 years doesn't have cruise control?

You can go any speed you want on many German autobahns.

I'm a Kansasbro too, lived here all my life, and I've never seen or heard of highway patrol pulling someone over for that...maybe it's something they've recently been doing in order to catch more people taking weed out of Colorado. BTW to anyone driving through Kansas on I-70, if you're carrying anything illegal don't get tricked by the fake "DRUG & CURRENCY CHECKPOINT AHEAD" signs.

Actually in Europe most cars with manual transmission don't have cruise control, unless when bought someone paid extra for it. In A or B class cruise control is not even an option. Anyway one exception was Chrysler Aveo. Mine with manual has it, but mine was premium class hatchback so it's understandable.

>cruisecucks

Fucking degenerates

That's a law in Texas, and I'm sure most other states too.

Shit is never enforced though.

>filing a lawsuit over a brake check that didn't result in an accident

Fix It Again Tony = Fiat
Fiats are unreliable

I want cruise control in my Octavia so bad

140 km/h here in Poland

feels good man