Guy backed into my parked car in the apartment complex parking lot last night

>guy backed into my parked car in the apartment complex parking lot last night
>he left a note (but perhaps because there were witnesses)
>got a police report done when I woke up and found it
>called the guy
>it was his company truck and he doesn't want to go through insurance
>he "has a brother with a shop" and wants to "use his brothers' parts to fix it himself"
Am I wrong to see this as shady as fuck and want to take it to the shop instead?

>Am I wrong to see this as shady as fuck and want to take it to the shop instead?
He'll probably fuck it up

People have jewsurance for a reason. Don't bother with his brothers shitty shop

Depends if you want this accident on vehicles record or not many legitimate body shops can fix that easily. Be a bro, maybe there were no witnesses and he did the right thing

Okay, so I'm right to want it done properly by a shop? Pretty much what I figured.

I do feel like a bit of a dick, though, because it may get the guy fired. But then again, that's just the way he wants me to feel, I guess, and he DID hit my car.

Make sure his brother has legitimate shop, if not have him eatshit

use insurance 100%
1000% shady as fuck
sounds like a typical bean jose
pro tip his brother will do a shitty job family

The damage looks minimal, any sane person would want job to know of it.

The problem is that he doesn't think he'll be able to afford a shop, just the parts from his brother / his own labor, according to him.

Oops, didn't mean to post the same picture twice.

If its just the bumper and taillight, and beaner can do that. Check the legitimacy of the shop and see if you can get some cash on the side

This

But his brother has a shop like you mentioned right?

Its a bumper and tail light. Go get an estimate for something like a grand from a shop and make him pay you in cash. Then go to a salvage yard and get a bumper and tail light for $150 and pocket the money. If not, then make him use his insurance. Who cares if he gets fired. People need to take responsibility for their actions and not try to fuck others over when they mess up.

Is there any risk of getting shitty / sub-par parts or is that low with just a bumper and taillight to be replaced? Is there any way that anything else could have been damaged?

Yeah, his brother supposedly owns (?) a shop from which he would get the parts.

>Be Illegal
>Gain phoney address and a burner phone
>back into gringo's car
>make up story about brother owning a shop
>Gringo leaves car in garage overnight
>Car's stripped and left in some field
>shop no longer exists in the morning

I'm pretty sure he's black, just to be clear. His name is Artavis and he sounded black over the phone.

Just get a few shop estimates and have him pay you cash, buy the taillight for like 50 bucks on ebay and bumper from junkyard or dealer if need be. Either way you win

Why are all the people itt suggesting op play this guy's game? Op, fuck this guy. Not only should you report it all, you should let the owner of the guys business know that he's damaging property with business vehicles and trying to scam his way out of it.

Jesus the edges on this fella

Alright, this sounds like the course of action. Thanks, champ.

Shouldn't need a shop to fix that.

You just need a new taillight and bumper cover. Not that big a deal, let the guy try and make it right. He could have left a fake number and left you out to dry.

Tell him to go buy the parts from a junkyard and replace it right there in the parking lot. Once he has the parts it should only take an hour at the most to change it.

FYI, The bumper cover from a '01-04 is different from the '05-07.

If it was a company truck his companies insurance will cover it, why is he worried about the cost? This all sounds pretty shady

This.

Tell the guy that if he doesn't want to deal with insurance, he needs to pay upfront, and fuck whatever connections he has. Should be simple enough to fix yourself, but don't tell him that.

If your other taillight shows any signs of age (fog/clouding) you may want to replace both sides so they look the same.

>Letting the crimes of niggers go unreported
Are you even a part of your community? Fuck this guy. He hit a car and doesn't want to go through insurance because he's probably an illegal immigrant and will get deported or some shit. Send this faggot back where he came from

You'd have to be nuts to go through with that.

But, it's Murrica, so if you decline he'll probably shoot you to death.

Such is life in a third world country.

You think he's going to fuck up unscrewing a plastic bumper and screwing on a new plastic bumper that doesn't even need to be painted?

For just the bumper cover, I'd give them a chance - after looking up their shop in the BBB listings.

Easily the most sane and easy decision to give the dude a chance. I wouldn't give him much time to fork over the money though, his insurance will have more leeway the more time progresses.

Although, after a hit and run I had two years ago, I know why people would just report it to the insurance company and leave the man out to dry.

Sometimes bumper clips need replacing.

The biggest risks are using off-brand parts for the taillight and bumper. Not a bad thing in itself, but some off-brand parts are worse than others. Like you might get a taillight assembly that lets water in.

On the other hand... that's just as likely if you go through insurance. They wouldn't pay for real Ford parts either.

Your fucking retarded if you think it's a good idea to let some retard fix damage he caused by getting parts from his brothers shop to avoid insurance on a company vehicle.

Hey man, while we are at it, I've got a car I'll sell you. Just give me cash first and I'll go get it. Chill dude, you can totally trust me, I sell cars all the time man. Just be a bro.

Don't feel like a dick and don't let this guy victimize himself.

I think you're overestimating the intelligence of niggers.

Specifically the kind who dont want you rectifying an accident through official channels.

The fact that the guy even wants to do it this way in the first place is the red flag telling OP he shouldnt do it.

This.

Your bumper is unpainted. Getting another one is simple. Paint is the most of the cost.

Nope, press for the insurance.

He will likely dodge you until he can walk away Scott-free from the accident without having to file a claim or accept charges. You typically only have a week or two before the claim becomes invalid.

>Am I wrong to see this as shady as fuck and want to take it to the shop instead?

Yes. Get it done where you want to do it, it's not your fault he fucked up.

If youre in a no fault state, your insurance rates go up to.

>BUT IT AINT MY FAULT

Tough shit, insurance companies will give any excuse to make you pay more.

Normally I'd say fuck no, but it's just an unpainted bumper cover and taillight. If the shop even looks remotely legit have them do it and pocket a little cash. At least he left you a legit phone number

I would check the shop out, if it does not look good tell him to pay in full for the repairs and threaten him with getting the insurance company involved.

That's a really easy fix, a good body shop might even be able to fix the original bumper if it's just a dent and paint transfer. If he can prove that his brother has a shop and it's legitimate, then sure let his brother pop the dent. Insist on having receipts of all parts they need to buy and approving them yourself and follow the process as close as you can. If he doesn't allow this or his brother's shop seems sketchy then fuck him his insurance is footing the bill. Don't worry about his job, this shit happens, they'd be shitty people to fire a good employee for bumper tapping sometime. Ignore the /pol/lutants in the thread, a black man with a legit manual labor job being honest enough to own up to this is probably a guy who worked his ass off to get or stay out of the ghetto. Just check if what he's saying is legit and if it is then yay, car is fixed without your insurance going up and you make black mechanic friends.

>Nope, press for the insurance.
My insurance company will raise my rates even if it is the other guy's fault. The insurance company only considers the likelyhood of more future accidents and not that I am not at fault.

Also, if you can repair it yourself by replacing the bumper cover and light bezel / lens, then you should consider that. Make sure that you get cash right away and not "a week later" when you are out of the claim period. Once out of that, he can then hold you off forever unless you get a lawyer which will of course cost you.

But you will get justice then because unlike claims reporting periods, a lawsuit with a judge deciding a verdict will override that default time limit. But it will cost you as well as give your personal record a civil claims lawsuit case. While that probably doesn't matter, some people don't want to be known that they are lawsuit-happy. My employer asks that on applications "Are you going to sue us in the future?" but of course doesn't word it that way. They simply ask for all the civil cases you were involved in.

Do not leave your car in some shop overnight. They are not responsible for what happens if stolen. And of course, someone will steal it thus letting them off the hook because you now have no evidence. ho ho ho ho No car means no evidence.

Bro, its a ford escape, go to a junk yard and get a new-to-you rear bumper and tail light for $200, put it on yourself (if you can't, learn) and be done with it.

Get a quote from a local shop and send him the estimated cost. If he refuses to send you the money report it.