Veeky Forums I just bought a 2014 Jetta with 25000 miles on it. It was a good.price 10500$. It's the 1...

Veeky Forums I just bought a 2014 Jetta with 25000 miles on it. It was a good.price 10500$. It's the 1.8 tsi 5 speed with independent rear suspension. The only problem is. That's all I know about vw's. Is there anything I need to know about them maintenance wise? I know the dealer fucked up and put 5-30 oil in it and I need to change that. But this is my first turbo's car and first be. All info regarding be and turbo maintenance is appreciated. Also here's a pic of the car.

Bumpo

Yup fucked up

Did you not research the car? Have fun with the cam shaft lobe. There's a reason all of those cars are on sale. The company is tanking due to letting bean fingers handle things only white people are good at making.

But isn't that for the redesignd 2015+ models? Oh god have I just bought a huge fun to drive turd?

it's not fun to drive. at all. literally every review of the car calls out how boring it is.

>10500$
>Jetta
>1.8
>Jetta
>Jetta
a fucking Jetta

All right, here whatever guy's. You can hate on it all you want too later. But I've read about a lot of recalls. Is there anything else important besides the cam lobe I need to know. I can't find much using google fu.

I wouldn't listen to any of the dumb fucks on here. You can start by going over the owner's manual and change all of the fluids. After that just keep up with the maintenance intervals.

By the way I own a 2001 Jetta. Ask me whatever I guess

>Mexicans are responsible for Germans cutting corners in design and engineering to save a few bucks.

Not really, once that issues is sorted which it should be under warranty, you're fine. Just avoid freezing weather since the interior plastic is sensitive to it. For the price it's good. Better than if you got the 2.0. Just pray to the auto gods your car doesn't shudder.

Not really, once that issues is sorted which it should be under warranty, you're fine. Just avoid freezing weather since the interior plastic is sensitive to it. For the price it's good. Better than if you got the 2.0. Just pray to the auto gods your car doesn't shudder.

The pick up after 45 is good. And it's zippy. Nothing badass. But it can go.

Don't listen to this guy. You made the correct choice going with the 1.8t.

Ask fender how it's going for them. Seriously though, would you rather have a 2004 Jetta or a new one? I don't trust someone making a car right when they can't get past the cusp of a modern society.

I have a beaner made Sony TV that's lasted 10 years without issue. I have an old Mercedes that was built in Spicland too which has had no problems despite me beating it to shit. I also have a Mexican built Kitchenaid fridge which is a massive piece of shit and already falling apart despite being 3 months old. Reputable companies can built good products with Mexican labor without issue if they're competent and train their workers correctly. If a firm can't keep it's stuff in order it's their fault regardless of whether it's Chinks, Euros or Bean people screwing it together. VWs fall apart because Volkswagen cuts corners when they design their products to save money. See: Plastic high wear engine components.

>IRS
>FF

>I know the dealer fucked up
Well.
>cut oil change interval in half, keep tight to all the rest and never exceed one
>run it on OEM parts
>if anything seems to wear, replace it early before if fucks anything else
Those cars aren't simple anymore. At the same time, they aren't harder (if not easier?) to maintain, just engineered with precision not letting any tolerances in.
1.8 with manual is probably the safest choice now, it's a shame there's no 1.8 in current Euro Jetta offer.
Keep benchracing, he has a comfier car than the couch in your basement is.

>not a tdi
you dun goofed.

>5-speed
blatant cost-cutting. it should be a 6.

>you dun goofed.
With what (not even op)? Not everyone wants to pay premium for extra noise, vibrations, higher maintenance costs (it's not bulletproof no maintenance shit anymore!) and rougher cold starts just for better torks and fuel consumption.

I thought Jettas and Passats were made in Tennessee

The Passat is. The Passat is actually a pretty good car. Comfy, good mileage, good torks, good back seat room

The Jetta is made by beaners over in Mexico

>car made by niggers or car made by spics

your move faggot

Even torks come at huge penalty of 2-4krpm usable power band.

Looks like both options are bad. Choose your shit box:
Refried bean flavor or
Jambalaya and BBQ sauce

White people work at the TN plant you know.

And germans run the mexican plant

ok