I just did a quick google search about the Ainu people, and found this:

I just did a quick google search about the Ainu people, and found this:
>Ainu (ī´nōō), aborigines of Japan who may be descended from a Caucasoid people who once lived in N Asia. More powerful invaders from the Asian mainland gradually forced the Ainu to retreat to the northern islands of Japan and Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands in what is now the Russian Far East; today, they reside mainly on Hokkaido. Reduced in number, they traditionally lived by hunting and fishing, which they were gradually forced to abandon in favor of small-scale farming. The Ainu have attracted the attention of tourists, and some make a living by selling reproductions of their cultural artifacts. Physically, they seem related to European peoples, i.e., they have much more body hair than typical East Asians, but intermarriage has introduced Asian traits among them. Contact with the Japanese, who insisted that they not speak the Ainu language and taught them only Japanese history, also led to culture change and assimilation, which the Ainu resisted in the past, with decreasing success. Their traditional religion is highly animistic and centers on a bear cult; a captive bear was sacrificed at an annual winter feast and his spirit, thus released, was believed to guard the Ainu settlements.
So, are they actually European? Could they be considered half European/half Japanese, at least?

Other urls found in this thread:

apjjf.org/2016/15/Kayano.html
apjjf.org/2016/15/Chiri.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No
That's literal horseshit

but they did have many "European" characteristics

Such as?

"Ainu are Caucasian" is a 19th century meme based entirely on arbitrary gut feel. "Oh, they grow bushy beards like Europeans do and Asians do not, they must be more closely related to Europeans."
Genetic analysis and physical anthropology all point towards the Ainu being an entirely Asian population with ancient origins in South-East Asia (for instance, they are Sundadont).
Please do not treat an interesting people like little this. There is nothing in culture, genetics, language or history that insinuates Ainu are related to Europeans. This kind of uneducated, surface level reasoning is what makes people assume that the Mayans and Egyptians were related.

Caucasoid doesn't necessarily mean European.

It doesn't matter here. Ainu are neither Europeans, caucasians or caucasoids.

For what it's worth, they're not Caucasoid either.

Literally nobody in the scientific world thinks Ainu people have any relation to Caucasians. They're asian as any other.

Convergent evolution happens

Like Melanesians and Africans

I didn't mean to act like know-all, that's why I came here to ask.
The only thing I know about Ainu people is where they are located.

Also, forgot to ask, is it true that he Ainu language is a language isolate?

All East Asians looked somewhat Pseudo-Caucasian/Australoid before the Mongoloid phenotype became dominant.

You don't have to be a know-it-all because something called Wikipedia exists now.

God damn they do actually look white

Sorry I blew up on you, I'm still irritated by the "Germanic peoples come from Israel" thread.
Not much is known about the origins of the Ainu language, but currently it is thought to be a language isolate. Keep in mind that the debate isn't concluded even on Japanese, with theories on it ranging from being related to Korean in a larger family, being related to some ancient languages of Korea in a Japonic language family, being part of the turkmeme family, and so on.
It's a sad thing that there are no remainders of the languages spoken by the Jomon and Emishi people. I would bet my left nut they're both precursors to Ainu, and it would be interesting to check them against Old Japanese.

wikipedia isn't a good source.
I hoped to find people here who have studied the subject further.
That's why I came here and not to /pol/

>Sorry I blew up on you, I'm still irritated by the "Germanic peoples come from Israel" thread.
>literally butthurt because a troll thread triggered him

>come to Veeky Forums
>all I see is WE WUZ discussion
Sometimes this board feels like a mistake

>Caucasoid
>European
They're about as European as Afghans and Berbers. A lot less, actually.

>language isolate
aka inbred af

There's that cute hide button you can click. If you think wewuz threads are a problem then you're a part of that problem by replying to them.

There's two sorts of mongoloids

Paleo mongoloids are warm/temperate adapted (most southeast asians and native amercans)

Neo mongoloids are your stereotypical ching chongs from japan, korea, china, siberia, etc

Cold adapted from Siberia

You should honestly just recognize already that no matter the board, 9 out of 10 threads are meme shit on this site

Not all American Indians came in the same wave, you know. Some of them are much closer to the "ching chongs" than the Asians from down south.

it feels like there are a fuckload of Asian, Australoid and African languages/cultures that haven't been studied, while people still obsess about WWII.
I think it's a shame, the more we let these people drift away into obscurity, the less we end up knowing about the world.
Do you have any book suggestions, or maybe links about Ainu people?

nah, I understand him, I get assblasted by shitty threads here as well. It's supposed to be a non-shitposting board.

>t.1/21 German from Alabama

Aren't native Americans more genetically close to Yakuts, rather than southeast Asians though?

these guys seem to have been pushed out by the jomon who were in turn shoved out by more neo mongs from korea etc

ainu were caucasoidish
jomon australnegroidish
then yeah nip heads

There are no Germans in Alabama bro, it's all Celts and Niggers down there.

This guy looks more white than Greeks or Portuguese

This reminds me of the mummifed remains of a scythian warrior found in Siberia/Mongolia that blue eyes and blonde hair.

I guess the plentiful game, flat, grassy, steppe land and horses made it easy for northern/Slavic European types of people to travel far and wide. Hence the rural and isolated villages in Afghanistan/other -stan that have fair skinned natives with colored hair and eyes.

But it's Veeky Forums, shitposting is bound to happen. If you get so mad by "Were X white?" or "Why didn't niggers invent Y" threads then just ignore them.

>Hence the rural and isolated villages in Afghanistan/other -stan that have fair skinned natives with colored hair and eyes.
USSR though

But the point is that the Mongoloid phenotype emerged at some point after Ainus were isolated.

>then just ignore them.
my home board WAS /int/ and when serious shitposting started, I tried to do just that.
Now just look at it. It's a sfw version of /b/ with flags

Thanks to the steppe, Eurasia exists in a racial continuum, Whites and Asians aren't really separate races the way Whites and Blacks are.

I don't know what you're talking about, /int/ was shitpost central from literally day 1. Trust me, I was there when it got created.

Morphologically they also look rather like white-skinned Abos. In particular they have that arm shape I automatically associate with some Oceanians.

Inversely, some Marquesas and Easter Islanders could pass for Japanese (not just Asian, specifically Japanese) if they were lighter skinned, for whatever reason they have just the right facial morphology.

>Aren't native Americans more genetically close to Yakuts, rather than southeast Asians though?
As far as I know, genetic studies proved that the Southern American Indians came across the Pacific so the Kon Tiki expedition actually happened on a bigger scale, then.

Indo-Europeans travelled far - see Tocharians and Indo-Aryans. The taming of the horse and the invention of the wheel and later the chariot helped a lot.

>Yakut
>you will never have a Yaqt gf

>As far as I know

Ah I see you don't

These people were there during the days of Alexander, and I'm also pretty sure that small groups of USSR citizens did not travel into very isolated regions to start herding villages and adopt the customs and religion of the Afghans/mongol/Turks all the whole there was a very violent war going on

Reminder that white/black/yellow are meaningless terms. Skin color, eye shape are just visible physical traits that don't always signify genetic relationship.

I think the book 1491 also wrote of this.

pic related

I joined in 2012, it feels like there was much less shitposting then

looks like a really nice girl, saved

>These people were there during the days of Alexander
sure, there are definitely some Greek "leftovers" there, but on the other hand, both Persians and Afghans, are Indo-European

The SWEDEN YES and >Argentina >white memes come from /int/ circa 2010 and 2011 and it was a nonstop fucking spam.

sure, but it's worse now
at least COUNTRIES were mentioned in those memes

They look likes Abos. Most of Asia did before Siberian style Asians came down and added pale skin with chinky eyes to the mix.

If they even mixed with the locals at all... a lot of genocides occurred during those migratory times.

To answer you, OP: No. They would not be European. They share nothing with the peoples there during that time, after, or even now. Not even half. They are just their own thing. Hairy, apemen who troubled the northern rice growing settlements of Japan until they got doomstomped by Japanese wielding katanas folded over 9000 times

I mean... just look at them

They were into their qt 3.14's having tattoos though... so they'd love modern America's effort to have tattoos not be so taboo

when will the eternal jap pay reperations?

Here are two translated Ainu songs with some context:

apjjf.org/2016/15/Kayano.html
apjjf.org/2016/15/Chiri.html

It's a nice read.

Those look 100% like Abos except they wear clothes.

The lighter-skinned Ainu are probably half-Jap anyway.

There was a mummy found in the South East part of the Gobi Desert back in 2002 that had red hair and green eyes. Because of the means of mummification and the grave goods the woman must of being a person of station. This in turn means she was likely a native of the area. It is know area was not a desert when that woman was alive and hosted a number of city states that were tributaries to the Han.

The Han records noted they were cultural like them, with their upper class even using Han Chinese in their everyday life. But also they they ( and some of the lesser, unsettled people of the area) looked very different what the Han themselves looked like.

Just some food for though.

Their only "European" characteristic is having strong brow ridges and even Australian aborigines have that, so it's a pretty weak argument.

White people weren't an uncommon sight in China back in the day. There were records of red-haired green-eyed prostitutes and musicians living in some Chinese cities during the Tang Dynasty.

The obsesion with genetics of a Board that suposedly is about history and humanities is disturbing.

>Genetics has nothing to do with history

>le concerned intellectual
>"disturbing"

Go fuck yourself cunt

"White" (probably Indo-Aryan or North Asian) people likely inhabited much of what is now Western China (as far east as Shanxi) and possibly even Sichuan and Yunnan before they were replaced/assimilated by other Steppe People and Tibeto-Burmans.
It's a shame English Wikipedia only has stubs on Neolithic Chinese cultures, I wonder why no one copying the articles from other editions.

>Western China (as far east as Shanxi)
wew lad