Is dumping a tablet in the centre console the laziest design work of all time ?

Is dumping a tablet in the centre console the laziest design work of all time ?

No.

Because you still have to design all the software.

Plus if you don't do a touch screen in a modern lux car. You end up with a crap ton of switchgear.

as long as you can see the fucker in daylight its good. its not like you can use an ipad n the daylight

There's quite a few teslas around my area, apparently they either can't or don't want to adjust their brightness levels at night. It looks like hey are pointing a flashlight at themselves all the time.

this

What if it's because they ARE the light because tesla drivers are holograms

>as long as you can see the fucker in daylight its good.
As long as it's a backlit matte lcd

not sure because I'm not rich enough or reddit enough to own or know about teslas

Yes and no
You can have some good design and all that shit
Only thing I'd be wary of is burn in

good

buttons over touch screens in cars plz.

why lcd instead of oled?

cost and burn in

>You end up with a crap ton of switchgear

There's nothing wrong with being able to adjust temperature or music volume without taking your eyes off the road.

There has to be a balance between physical buttons, on-screen controls and menus, a balance that no car manufacturer has attained so far.

>volume and AC controlled by touchscreens

Swear to god this is some kind of curse played on us by a malevolent God for our sins

You can have it auto sense or do it manually

You can adjust both from switches on the steering wheel

I'm ok with the tablet in the dash thing but I'd only do it as the Nexus 7 with music on it and still connected to a headunit type of tablet in the dash. I wouldn't want it to do anything else. I can't stand the automatic climate control with real buttons, let alone have it controlled by a touchscreen.

So what you're telling me is that all these people ITT are retarded?

I don't see physical buttons for AC on Model S's steering wheel.

Ironically, Tesla was trying to address this in Model X - with more touchscreens.

I've always loved this interior. Keeping my 2003 allroad as a side car forever.

My twenty year old audi remains one of the best interiors to sit in

lol, and you never will. the buttons you see there are used to control almost everything you can do from the tablet and then some. they don't need to have specifically assigned buttons, they change based on the menu options you're scrolling through.

do xbox/pc/ps4 controllers have specifically assigned tasks or are they dynamic based on the game/menu options/etc you happen to be controlling?

This makes me want to puke.

PC certainly does if you are not full Veeky Forums and just a tiny bit /g/ inside too.

> they change based on the menu options you're scrolling through

So I cannot change the temperature without taking my eyes off the road. What was your point then?

you need to go to the dealership and buy the software update that allows you to do this.

yes

*****THIS COMMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE EXTERIOR CAR DESIGNERS AT DOVE SOAP*****

Press the top button, scroll to A/C, press it again. The right scroll wheel now controls the A/C.

wow thats retarded

you look at the gauge cluster while changing the steering wheel assignments. my point was complimentary to heartbreakers. I'll admit it takes some familiarity before you can do it while driving, but if it's a car you drive everyday, youll probably figure it out quick.

>implying it is difficult to have someone design an android/linux based UI

The menu and info is on the instrument cluster. Not really sure what your complaint is.

Don't believe everything you read on Veeky Forums

yes it's fucking ugly as shit