Just bought my first car (Aygo 2006) and it's an absolute shitbox compared to what I learned in

Just bought my first car (Aygo 2006) and it's an absolute shitbox compared to what I learned in

How the fuck am I supposed to figure out what speeds I should be doing in what gear if there's no rev counter?

I tried judging it by sound but it sounds like a piece of shit no matter what gear or speed I'm doing. And there's nothing in the manual.

did you even test drive it

for like 2 minutes up and down the lot I bought it from. It's a nice little car but I just can't figure out my gears

Are there no psychiatric test before getting a licence in your place?

>can't figure out my gears
>don't Know how fast I can go in each gear
I swear you people put too much fucking thought into the process of shifting. Listen to the engine fucking sperg and shift when you want too.

why would you buy it, if it doesn't have a rev-counter and you obviously can't judge when to change gears by the sound of the engine alone

why

>rev counter
It's called a tachometer you fucking retards.

afterthought, I only need to learn once what the general speed I should be doing is then it's not an issue

>tacometer
sure Juan

Why would you buy that car? And especially with a Toyota tax on top of it when you had the Citroen and the Peugeot (exactly the same cars) cheaper?

Learn to read about the car you're interested in buying and preferably test drive more than 2 minutes.

>I tried judging it by sound but it sounds like a piece of shit no matter what gear or speed I'm doing.
It's a 1.0L toyota engine (assuming you got the petrol)... What'd you expect? lol
Just get used to the car, it'll come second nature.

>Engine too loud: change up

>buying an Ayyygo

Its just a rebadged Peugeot.

>Why would you buy that car? And especially with a Toyota tax on top of it when you had the Citroen and the Peugeot (exactly the same cars) cheaper?

I didn't have those available. It's a second hand car cost £1600. 1.0 litres are selling like hotcakes here for the cheap insurance. Only managed to snatch it up because we drove to the guy the morning after he put up the advertisement for it.

>£1600

Should have just bought a Corsa/Fiesta/Polo

>I didn't have anything else available
>"should've just bought this"

Did the lot only have 1 car?

Did you just buy the first "for sale" car that came your way?

It was the third place we visited and only had two 1.0's and the other one was twice the price.

Anything above 1.0 was ramping up the insurance quite a bit and I'm a poor student

>£1600
Not that bad then.
But that engine is incredibly gutless, you'll go crazy driving it, especially on the motorway.

Should've bought a 1.4 Fiesta. They're alright cars and it's better than a 1.0 shitbox

see Good to know, I guess I'll just have to get used to it overtime, you think something about the recommended speed for each gear would be in the manual

How much did the insurance go up by? Did you even check how much it would be to get insured on certain cars?

The car talks to you man... It asks you to change gear through the steering wheel/shifter. It's just a matter of time until you know the car.

I'm paying £90 a month right now including fully comprehensive and breakdown cover which is pretty damn good for a first time driver.

Bigger cars were putting it up by 30-50 pounds which you really can't afford when your a student living on £400 a month

personally i never look at the tacho to know when to shift, but if you get really desperate you can always install a tacho from a C1 or a pug 107.
it should be an easy install, from what i read it bolts right in

I would only use it for the first week or so to get used to what the car wants then I'd never need to use it again

Listen for the engine to start going REEEEEEEE then change gear.

I don't understand how you've passed your driving test if you can't work out when to change gear.

Didn't your instructor in driving school even give you a speed/gear rule of thumb?

Anyways, for a lightweight 1.0 petrol something like 15/30/40/55 should work. Experiment and get a feel for the car. It's not rocket science.

Because I've only ever needed to drive one car, it's not a skill that was required to pass my test

cheers, this is near what I've been doing anyway

>How the fuck am I supposed to figure out what speeds I should be doing in what gear if there's no rev counter?
What in the name of the actual fuck did I just read

If you can't hear the w engine properly, then your solution is a straight pipe.

Honestly though, you'll catch on normally. I never used my tacometer when learning manual, I only look at it now if I'm revving high to learn my power band. Normal driving shouldn't require it, you can feel when the car isn't putting out as much power as you want, so you shift.

Pretty much feel the car, faggo.