Are there any other sporty 2-door pickup trucks that isn't a RAM R/T...

Are there any other sporty 2-door pickup trucks that isn't a RAM R/T? Or am I gonna have to buy a work truck and build one up from scratch?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a5923/chevy-cheyenne-concept/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dakota rt had a 5.9.

The 2nd gen 4.7 with 545 wasn't bad either. You can't get much more than 300hp out of the 4.7 without forced induction though.

Syclone? Lightning?

Dumbfuck OP here, Forgot to re-read my post before I posted it. I meant to ask if there is any MODERN trucks that isn't a Ram R/T.

GMC Cyclone
Ford SVT Lightning
That 2-door Ram model with the bowed-out, CORR/trophy-truck looking front end
If you're up for modding, any assortment of older Mazda, Toyota, Nissan, etc tiny trucks. Those things are just fun

No. They pretty much died in the 90s

damn.

How modern does it need to be?

>sporty
>trucks

pick one

2nd gen subercharged tundra
0-60 in 4.4

Sportier than your Camry, faggot.

my work gives me ford rangers

Yes, because buying a turnleft racecar with a plastic shell that vaguely resembles a pickup truck is exactly the answer that OP wanted.

The entirety of Toyota
>pointy points
>already lifted
>backup cameras

Here's a truck that turns right.

I forgot nissan.

Like around 2012 to today's models.

Then no, you're fucked. Last sport trucks were the SVT Lightning and SRT-10 in the mid 2000s.

Ram R/T is a nicer, faster Lightning. Supercharged Tundra and Ford Tremor are significantly quicker than either the Lightning or SRT10.

I think Ford made a "tremor" model or some shit recently with the twin turbo 3.5 making 375 awd, which with a tune would be making some good numbers.

ok friendo good job intellectually outmaneuvering me i submit and am now going to allow your dad to penetrate me

Not only is the Tremor over half a second slower to 60 than the SVT Lightning, it's slower than the new base model Ecoboost F-150.

The Tremor does look rather nice. Although I really don't know too much about Ford's ecoboost engine. Might check it out.

jesus...

>sporty
>pickup truck

F-650

Do the fun thing, buy a 67-72 c10 or a 73-87 squarebody, you can pick up a 290hp crate 350 for $2300 or so straight from summit or jegs. Go for one of the 500+hp crates if you have more cash and a built tranny from the same site.

If you have a real budget, be like my cousin who picked up a 2014/15 or so 2500 silverado, and throw on the edelbrock supercharger kit, after a full stainless exhaust and headers with tune its putting out over 600 horse and something like 715lb ft, something like 5.13 gearing that thing fucking screams.

Well. Thats fucking gay

OP here, Thanks awfully for the tips, might consider.

No. THIS is fucking gay.

Lowered Raptor?

The easiest thing you could do is order the Regular Cab - Short Bed pickup of your choice with the best drivetrain combination available and do your own appearance and suspension mods through the aftermarket. There are tremendous aftermarket possibilities with most late-model full-size trucks, and that would be your best bet.

regular cab 4.7l tundra. thing was almost as fast as my 2nd gen. lightning when it was heat soaked.

>sporty
>truck

ITT: Faggots who never saw a 2 door truck with a sport package.

>Obvious non-US posters.

Sorry, my dad doesn't fuck faggots. I know because he fucked me when I was younger and that's how I know I'm not a faggot.

I heard a rumor Chebby might make a 427 Colorado

>died in the 90s

Nah... the X-runner lasted until 2009 I think. It was the last real sport truck until the industry shifted to pushing the full-sized trucks and pretty much killed the light duty.

The 'Strayans have what they call "utes," but they're really just passenger cars with a bed integrated into the unibody construction (as opposed to the traditional cab-and-box pickup).

There was that Silverado Cheyenne concept GM unviled a while back. Dunno if thats gonna be a reality though.

This. You can option out any modern 1/2 ton to become your own muscle truck. An Ecoboost with a tune, intake and exhaust would blow the doors off either lighting. It just wouldn't look as good.

RAM SRT-10

Those are fun Trucks.

F150 Lightning
F150 Raptor
Small z71 Chevy Truck

Z71 is just the gas guzzler package. It's just lower gearing that makes it off road easier.

OP, I've been facing the same dilemma and been meaning to make a thread about it so I'll bump.

I think the R/T package is a ripoff, it only differs from the other reg cab short bed w/hemi models in having 4.11 gears, a bunch of unnecessary options (factory satnav is always garbage&that little antenna on the roof is maddening) and heavy 22inch nigger wheels.

The sport hood is a cost option for any other ram trim, and some other trims have the body color bumper.

>supercharged tundra

I was interested in this, but 2 door tundras are VERY hard to find and TRD parts are very expensive.

Colorados were available with the lsx motor for 1-2 years before the facelift, only I found ONE in the entire US and it was some 4 door abomination.
(I don't like 4 door trucks, especially 1500 or smaller trucks)

This is the ultimate, but I live in a city full of Mexicans so I would probably be carjacked/have it stolen instantly.

nah kek, I live in florida. good guess though
ok but
>sporty
>pickup truck
?????
???
????

Yes. There are pickup trucks that are sportier/more fun to drive than some utilitarian econobox. What about it can't you wrap your head around?

>truck
>with a sport package

You can drink as much Kool-Aid as you want, but that still doesn't make a truck sporty.

>firm suspension = sporty

spotted the flyover-staters

Yeah it's called a ute not whatever small dick chariots you seppo cunts drive

The SRT-10 was killed off in 06, and OP says he wants a 2012+.

>thinks sport trucks are just firm suspensions.

>ausfag detected

Get a trermor and a tune

ecoboost is GOAT

Nissan 720 ST. The ST stands for sport truck.

Why has no one mentioned the silverado SS?

Just get any thing with a V8. Pretty much all the modern small block V8 trucks are making over 300hp and outperform older "Sport trucks"

454 SS in OPs pic only made 255hp, TBI engines were dogs in all forms. The first ford lightnings only made 260hp, they didn't get interesting till the factory supercharged trucks. Dodge r/t badge eventually became just a looks package once the base v8 became more powerful than the older magnum engines.

Because it wasnt made in 2012.

Ill second the ford tremor. Obviously a pleb that'll only consider 2012+

I had an '08 Toyota Tundra Crew Cab with the 5.7L motor for a few years. With intake, exhaust, some head work, and a bit of ECU tuning, I was making 450HP at the wheels. It was reliable as hell, too. (Gas mileage was shit, obviously. It didn't help that it had a bit of a lift and 35" BFG's in 305 width)

roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a5923/chevy-cheyenne-concept/
GM or not, thus thing would've been fucking awesome

Guy I used to work with picked up a half-ton regular cab short box chevy a few years back, lowered it, put in an ls7 that was built to hell, twin turbo, converted the thing to manual. Dynod at over 750hp on pump gas and daily drove it, still got 18+ mpg even in town, did great down the highway. I miss going for rides in that beast.

get an old mighty max

Ford is producing a shelby raptor in 2017 that produces 700+hp