Guys, I need some help between two different cars that I'm "planning" to buy...

Guys, I need some help between two different cars that I'm "planning" to buy, keep in mind this is an upgrade from a 2006 PT Cruiser, although almost anything is an upgrade from that little guy.

Here are the two vehicles I'm looking at:

A 2005 Jaguar S-Type for $6,499
Mileage: 56,401 Miles
Engine: 4.2L V8 Natural Aspiration
Transmission: Automatic 6-Speed
Trim/Package: 4.2 4dr Sedan
MPG City/Hwy: 16 city / 25 hwy

or a 2013 Kia Optima LX
Price: $7,999
Mileage: 90,773 Miles
Engine: 2.4L I4 Natural Aspiration
Transmission: Automatic 6-Speed
Trim/Package: LX 4dr Sedan
MPG City/Hwy: 24 city / 35 hwy

I'm leaning more towards the Kia since it's more recent but the Jaguar is really fucking nice, I went and tested them both out today.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsforsale.com/Search?BodyStyle=All Vehicle Types&Make=&MinModelYear=2006&MaxModelYear=2017&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=10000&MaxMileage=100000&ZipCode=55445&Radius=50
minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5745592305.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5742518073.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5728797265.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5747253013.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5747139997.html
minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5721420396.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5697278803.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>PT Cruiser
>Jaguar
>Kia
buy a civic and shut the fuck up

What qualities of the car do you put first and figure it out yourself.

list things that you want and then give them values

year: kia: 2 , jaguar : 1

engine: kia: 1 , jaguar : 2

4.2 V8 sound great but use a shit ton of gas

Maybe he doesn't want a dumb econoshit car.

Then why is he looking at a kia?

Both of those are terrible cars, dude.

Is there really nothing else?

Mainly for the price, majority of the Optima's near my location are around $14,000.

I mainly went to this dealership for the Kia but I saw the Jaguar and decided to test the two out, but it's a 45 minute drive away.

Here's a search near my area: carsforsale.com/Search?BodyStyle=All Vehicle Types&Make=&MinModelYear=2006&MaxModelYear=2017&MinPrice=&MaxPrice=10000&MaxMileage=100000&ZipCode=55445&Radius=50

Just buy the Jaguar and sell it for $10,000.

There, problem solved.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5745592305.html
>2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
>56k miles
>$6,500
You're welcome OP.

Woah, this actually looks pretty nice, might actually look into it, thanks man.

Is Veeky Forums really into hipster shit like this?

>PT Cruiser
>Jaguar
>Kia

FROM A DEALERSHIP

Look, I know they aren't great cars, but I just thought I'd ask for some help.

I'm only 21, and I'm trying to buy my second car, even thought the PT Cruiser only costed me maybe about $1,000.

Well since you seem to be pretty clueless when it comes to cars, my suggestion would be to do some research. Things like reliability and ease of maintenance are the things you are looking for and are usually found in the more common brands. Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Ford, Chevy, etc. All make perfectly good cars that will last a long time if you take care of them right.

Don't fuck around with a Jaguar unless you can afford to maintain it, even the Brits acknowledge that they're money pits. That's part of what adds to the status of owning one, is being able to keep it in the street.

Yeah, I'm pretty fucking clueless when it comes to this. I mainly just want something that will do well in the winter and last me some time.

The reason I say winter is because here in Minnesota, it gets real fucking messy.

I really appreciate your feedback however.

>tells someone they are clueless
>Says a British Jaguar is unreliable while referring to an S-Type
>Doesn't realize the S-Type was designed and built by Ford
Well since you seem to be clueless....

You're paying cash right?

Yes, I have well over 9k saved up right now for a car. I don't wish to spend over 12k.

Do you have a stable job? Are you done with school or not going?

Also, I do work at a warehouse but I'm planning to apply at this local school as a teacher. It's only a 10 min drive away rather than my current job at around 30 mins away. I go during the fall as part-time but I decided to not attend this semester.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5742518073.html

A second helpful user chiming in:

On a scale of 1-10
Newness of car
Newness of looks
Newness of year (say every point is 2 years, so 10 points is within the last 2 years, 1 point is within the last 20)

Now that that is out of the way:
You live in the north with cold and shitty weather.
How dependent are you on drivetrain status?
FWD, RWD, 4WD, AWD?
Honestly, I would rate as 4WD/FWD/AWD/RWD as it seems you have the basics down.
Auto or manual transmission?
Preference on Makes/Models?
Asian? American? European?

with a price range of 9k, we can work a lot with your local craigslist to atleast give you an idea.

Posting random car picture.

This

Much appreciated, I'll also take a look into this, although it is about an hour away from my current location. Either way, many thanks, user.

>Newness of car
It doesn't need to be "brand new" just so long as it's recent, along the lines of the 2000's and maybe even some 10' as long as they don't have a ton of wear of em'.

>How dependent are you on drivetrain status?
Well, if I get this local teaching job, I won't have to drive too far, maybe 10 mins away. However my warehouse is about 30 mins from my location.

>FWD, RWD, 4WD, AWD?
Any as long as it can get me across some slippery roads.

>Auto or manual transmission?
Any is fine, although manual would be nice. Aren't automatics becoming more fuel efficient nowadays?

>Preference on Makes/Models?
Any

>Asian? American? European?
Any

Thanks again for taking the time to type this out, user. Any help would be much appreciated, hopefully I answered these questions you had.

You did good user. Let me go to work for you.

It's worth the drive. Sounds pretty clean.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5728797265.html
2009 Subaru Forester, All recent work done. "Needs" a passenger side headlight because a crack is in it.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5747253013.html
2006 MazdaSpeed 6
Good car, manual with AWD. However, been lowered. Would recommend because I am a Mazda fan, however with the modifications shown, may be a hit or miss. Seems like it has been well taken care of though.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5747139997.html
2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i
It is an automatic, however if you can get past the tire pressure light being on, it is a hellova deal desu.

minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/5721420396.html
1997 Jeep Wrangler
This may be on the older side of what you are looking for, but don't all wranglers look the same? It has the desirable 6cyl and still a manual. Pro tip, you can pull people out of ditches for a few bucks as well.

Hope this helps a little bit OP. I only chose the 4WD/AWD cars because I know winters are a bitch up there.

Fucking thank you, user. You are a godsend, I'll check in with my old man and see what he thinks about these. Thanks again, user.

No problem man. I am heading in for the night, if you start a new thread make the subject line something about minneapolis so I can find ya.

Give some more info then, and I/We can narrow down some more cars for ya. Happy hunting brah.

wtf is going on in that pic?

looks like someone ran over a matress and it got caught on their drive shaft

>Jag
Okay mileage and price, but when it breaks, which it will do often, you're fucked. It's not a meme, I fell for the "jaguar is unreliable is just a meme" meme and got shafted.
>Kia
so many miles, such a new car, probably a rental or some shit, I would avoid it
Kia a shit anyway.

Don't go to a dealership for a used car that isn't CPO

I would cop that Speed6 man, my buddy has a speed 3 with a cobb tune, it feels fast as shit
This too

if you must choose betwen those two the jaaaaag. no one ever says kia unless they are retarded.

Just give up on your dumbass aspirations and buy a reliable car. Idk where you live but you need to look at something like this.

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5697278803.html