Is it safe to constantly mix fuel grades?

Is it safe to constantly mix fuel grades?
And ethanol and non ethanol blends?
Inb4: what is google

Cars are tough m8

Mid grade is literally regular and premium mixed 50/50
You can mix anything at the pump as long as you don't include diesel,

It's a good way to upset your car's stomach. I'd avoid it.

adding diesel is like a detergent for your engine

What would make a good toothpaste.

Thanks, I was referring to gasoline engines anyways

Just use regular in everything, even if the manufacturer requires premium. Premium gas is a meme. Modern ECUs have sensors and adaptive programming to make adjustments if lower octane fuel is detected. Unless you're at a race track, the slight power loss won't even be noticeable.

Yeah, by making those adjustments, your ECU makes your car run not as gud.

It's fine on a modern car but why would you even want to

If your car is designed to take 87, give it 87, if it wants 91, give it 91 or 93 (some places only have 93 instead of 91)

If you want it to take a higher or lower grade, ecu tune!

>$1.99 for 87
>$3.99 for 94

What the fuck state is this kind of theft allowed in? I live in New Jersey and it costs on average about 50ยข extra for premium gasolone. Went to Shell today and they charged $2.49 for 93 octane, and I doubt my engine can tell the difference between that and 94.

yes mixing fuel is good. it bumps up the octane level a few points... like using a octane booster
except with ethanol. its basically watered down petrol

Remember when the different grades were only 10c per grade higher?
Pepperidge farm remembers.

The same kind of state that flips the 86 octane button upside down to make you think you're getting 98.

Don't add fucking diesel to your tank

As long as you're not adding anything below the recommended octane nothing is wrong with mixing

Dirty valves

What the fuck did I say, asshole

True for many cars, but not all. Most will reduce boost, retard timing, etc. But if the compression ratio is high enough to cause knocking without any boost, you could break something

You're retarded. Retarding the timing is going to make it more expensive over time because of how much MPG you're losing. The compression ratio isn't what's changing, it's almost always just ignition phase which means you're just spending more time slowing down the piston before pushing it back down.

It's a false economy.