0-60 in 2.5 seconds

>0-60 in 2.5 seconds

Post a non-supercar gasoline that can beat this.

Oh wait, you can't :-) Tesla wins again

DELET THIS

They win a bag of skittles lol

This bait is kinda weak, since nobody really gives a fuck about Tesla, tbqhwyfamalam.

Once you've reached 60 in that time, though, it has about 3/4s power left. The next attempt will be 3s, during which it will lose another quarter.
Its drivetrain has a boatloads of problems outside of economic driving.

GTR fanboys BTFO!

>Goalpost moving

Hold on, I'll make a thread about filling a tank in 5 minutes and then you can come in and start talking about the Tesla and then I'll say
> Goalpost moving

>btfo by a 30k mustang
Is recovery even possible at this point???

7 seconds isn't btfo. That's close

Plus Tesla beats it on Nuremberg

>7 seconds close
No. .7 would be close.

>Oh wait, you can't :-) Tesla wins again
wins what?
The fact that they are actually making electric cars means they have no competition with other electric cars.
You should also know that the engines in those cars are not something you would find from your shitbox.
electric engines have instant torque.
That means they can push out all of their performance at once.
any fuel based engine has a special RPM range where they push this power out.

>tesla lemans wins
>0
>ford lemans wins
>4

Daily reminder Tesla simply cannot compete with Ford.

You sound way too serious for this thread. LMAO

>it's a "people can't name a car with a faster 0-60 so they immediately change the subject to longer races" episode

shit episode. ya'll are just mad because you know the tesla would rape 99% of all production cars in a quarter mile.

That's pretty impressive I'll admit but I don't like AWD.
I'd rather RWD and 0-100 in 4 seconds

It's an interesting marketing tactic. If nothing else Musk is a genius at selling us the same shit we've had for years in a fancier wrapper.

>muh electric
We've had electric cars for years. Still plagued with issues like range. That solar panels on the roof idea to add to range before recharge was great, though. Pity they're also selling battery life as DLC.

>muh autopirates
Cobbling sensors a bunch of other companies (Mercedes and Volvo, etc.) use and having the gall to call it autopilot. It sure fooled those guys who crashed in it, and all the other folk who see driving as a chore and would rather browse Facebook, update Instagram and make Tweets while they sit in traffic.

>muh 0 to 60
0 to 60 in 2.5 seconds. It's usable speed in daily driving and makes it a monster at the stoplights. Higher? Why would you need to go higher? That's illegal, you'll never need to go above that unless you're breaking the law user. Appealing to the clueless "I want a fast car" crowd that wouldn't know the difference between FF and FR, or a turbo 4-banger and a V8.

It's quick? Blisteringly so, but only to a point. What I'm looking forward to is the competition that comes from this; performance-oriented EVs. Other companies jump on and make better EVs and then Tesla is forced to try and outdo them.

How is 380 miles range bad?

Most shitboxes from the early 2000's get around 400 miles range.

The Hamburger is a stupid litmus test. Why don't they do OUR tracks huh? Just stupid fanboys sitting on their arise waiting on the Stig to route the cars while you're drinking Mountain Dew and eating Hot Pockets.

That's because other companies aren't liars.

No, cunt, the tesla does not do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. It could have 50x more power than it does now and it STILL wouldn't do it, because anything under 4 seconds and you're traction limited, and the tesla last time i checked isn't running 305+ semi-slicks on all 4 corners.

If you want to keep talking shit, though, feel free to post the electric car that does 0-60 in 1.7 seconds like the alpha omega.

>the tesla does not do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.

>Post a non-supercar gasoline that can beat this.
You explicitly forgot to type ''gasoline CAR''. So, pic related. Cheaper than the Tesla too at 46K, with a lot more bikes (likes the ZX-10, ZX-14 and Hayabusa) to be found for a lot less.

Wake me up when we have a viable method of producing and disposing of hundreds of millions of lithium batteries, and keeping the price down to an affordable level when they go belly up every five years, and having any sort of positive effect on Earth's environment, AND a viable alternative to petrol based plastics and oils.

Biofuel is future.

Can't roadtrip it. Charging takes more time than filling up at the servo, if you can find a charging station with the same frequency as a servo in the first place. Plus that number runs down depending on how hard you drive it.

It's a pity too. With all the luxuries and comforts it offers it'd make the best road tripper.

Electrics can ultimately never beat the power density of gasoline. It's why you won't see electric airplanes.

Hurr yourself, retard.

It never has, and it never will do 2.5 seconds until it's on a drag strip with slicks.

>Biofuel is future.
Nope, hydrogen is. Our planet cannot sustain biofuels without significantly impacting foor production.

>anything under 4 seconds and you're traction limited
Lolno. Anything RWD is traction limited to around ~2.75 seconds. Anything AWD can do better. Modern tire compounds are simply great.

However, the Teslas will not do 0-60 in 2.5 consistently without recharging between runs.

Yeah, no. To get to 2.5 seconds, you need 265+325 custom made semi-slicks in an AWD. The GTR can only really manage 2.7-2.8 because it's spinning in 1st.

The model s runs 245 contis.

>hydrogen
>the future

No m8, it's literally meme fuel and an awful idea

Alright then, give me a fuel that is renewable, doesn't impact our food supply like biofuels do, and doesn't pollute like electric does. I'll wait.

call me when it would able to lap nurburgring under 8 minutes despite gazillion horsepower and instant torque

>filling up in 10 minutes, and not losing a quarter of your fuel by the time you get from 0 to 60

Post any electric car that can do this

Oh wait, you can't :-) Tesla loses again

Ariel Atom