Hey Veeky Forums can you help me win $6000 for a work contest?

hey Veeky Forums can you help me win $6000 for a work contest?

We're supposed to come up with an idea for a new technology that would make cars safer.

The person with the most innovative idea wins $6000.

So far the best idea I've had was biometric scanners.

You guys have any ideas?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15404045/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

More crumple zones and airbags. Maybe add frame dampeners

Make cars out of marshmallows.

Cars were safe enough in the early-mid 2000s. Fuck off.

>come up with revolutionary safety idea
>patent it
>sell to companies for mad cash
There's your idea OP

Get rid of them, only buses and the metro

Somebody post the human designed to survive a car crash.

The best new technology would be education, because people are retarded and they blame their own failures on the automobiles.

So teach and you will grant a lifetime of safer driving.

smaller windows.

Install a gun in the headrests.

So if the car senses an unsurvivable crash, it blows the occupants brains out so they don't suffer needlessly as they burn to death.

Leave me out of this.

Foam. Hit speed bump, car fills with fast expanding foam.

Ejection seats

Why does it have so many tits?

Airbags

because emergency services react quicker to tits.

Ultra lightweight cars that maximize driver involvement, in conjunction with self-driving vehicles (particularly tractor-trailers) and mass transit. There's much lower forces involved in a collision between two 1100 pound vehicles with ultra rigid skeletons and impact absorbing deformable polymer bodywork than there is between two 5000 pound ladder frame SUVs.

Car vs car and single car collisions are very safe right now, the problems are with car vs bicycle or pedestrian, and car vs bus or truck. We need to bring cars down to a level where they can safely interact with humans, and make all efforts to reduce the likelihood of accidents involving vehicles with design parameters that are incompatible with collision safety.

Pop up headlights and wedge shape car , and vaporwave.
A E S T H E T I C S

Id fuck that fat smelly cow tb.h fa.m

>We're supposed to come up with an idea for a new technology that would make cars safer.

Automatic reporting of the car's driving speed and basic usage statistics to both the insurance company and the state highway patrol.

When the driver realizes he is being watched by Onstar, Driveline, DriverCare, or any other brand of manufacturer installed "phone home" product, he WILL drive safer. The insurance company gets a good excuse to have data updates and make more accurate insurance rates for everyone. That is a plus. Good drivers get better rates instead of being lumped into the pool with bad drivers. Another win for your idea. Your idea wins because it has multiple good points for multiple different entities such as: driver, state government, insurance company, and the general public overall.

If the driver recklessly speeds (over 100 MPH) then the highway patrol and insurance knows that too. Or if a hit and run occurs, the suspicious stats can be reported with the time and GPS position. Thus the hit and run victim benefits too! Another plus for your idea.

More background on this idea you can claim as your own unique idea that you sincerely invented with all truth and honor is at:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15404045/

Your idea is also easy to implement because the features are already there for new cars. It only takes a law change to remove some of the privacy restrictions. Thus, your idea is also practical to implement in physical terms. It certainly doesn't need a physical biometric scanner to be installed although that could be done. But cars need to be available for emergency purposes by an assigned impromptu stranger, so a biometric scanner has disadvantages.

Fuck safer cars, if we remove the chances of death in each part of our day our lives will become as boring as the fucking japs.

make cars longer so the occupants are further from the impact

also reactive armor

how about a device that is in a car that selectively jams the drivers cell phone? Would stop people from texting and driving which is a huge problem. Another problem is driving while tired, so a set of specially made sunglasses that must be worn prior to ignition that will deactivate the car when it detects that the person is too tired to drive safely. The device will have a timer at the bottom, and once the car is started successfully will give the driver 30 minutes to get to a place to sleep. If the driver does not do this, the car will engage the alarms and 4 way flashers, only stopping when the user turns off the car. If the person starts the car when tired, they will have 5 minutes before the alarm goes off to turn off the car. Whenever the tired alarm goes off, the driver will have a picture of their eyes taken from inside the sunglasses as well as the required dash cam and sent to their insurance agency and/or local police and will read that the driver is driving while tired. The police can then intercept the driver and arrest them if/when driving while tired is illegal.

I call it... The safety pad

What you are looking at here is a massive square of tire treads all mounted to a big metal plate.
Then that assembly mounts to the bottom of the car.

When the car senses a collision, and the automatic emergency braking system can't stop the vehicle, the suspension will collapse, handing over the entire braking force of a motherfucking dump truck tire sized area to easily stop the vehicle.

Pic related. The car easily stopped from 100mph to 0 in 8 feet.

This. Make them even bigger, heavier with smaller windows and even more driver assists and make them fold in on themselves to the point that hitting a duck totals them. That's what the auto industry wants to hear so start jumping through the hoop now.

and then your skeleton rips out of your body due to the deceleration just like in a cartoon

Reactive armor wouldn't be the best choice for pedestrian safety though.

more ECOBOOST

A small sensor in the car that reads hormone levels around the drivers seat, and shuts the car off and calls the police if it detects a female.

What if you actually had to be a good driver to get your license? After all, the number one cause of accidents are bad drivers.

magnets

Super strong airbags that deploy on the outside of a car to prevent collision. I.e. parking sensors detect something 2 inches away to avoid fender benders and such. Or if they're even stronger, to provide more protection from a crash.

HOLY shit just had an actual good idea. Since most cars have good reverse cameras now, replace the windshield with a reverse camera screen, and change the drivetrain and steering to make the car drive backwards. This would prevent head on collisions or collisions with objects/pedestrians because the car will be driving away from everything instead of towards it.

y-you...you're a fucking jenious

make it illegal, worldwide, for women and Asians to get drivers licenses.
>yfw my sister often forgot she was a woman and bitched about women drivers, and often complained it should be illegal for women to drive.
I miss laughing when i had to remind her that included her.

Bigger windows so people can fucking see each other. Visibility is a prime safety feature. None of this tiny windows for ants shit anymore. Use a volvo 940 wagon as your reference point. Windows all around.

extend the engine bay by like 2 or 3 meters. Use the extra space to add a bunch of crumple zones and a honeycomb like structure to dampen the impact

I regularly go +20 over, your ideas are fucking gay

>get in close encounter when some nutcase cuts you off
>car's sensors auto-indicated crash and put down stupid underpad
>car was serving and pad hitting the ground pushes you further sideways
>roll car
>die

good job

>6000$ for an idea that would make millions
Tell them to fuck off.

>Asians to get drivers licenses.
That would be a hard sell with law enforcement. Asians have in most categories the lowest crime or problem rate per capita. So your idea would be to punish the per capita least troublesome group of people.

the least troublesome group of people who cause the most amount of car accidents

Take all the safety equipment out so people actually have to pay attention when they drive.

eat a bag of baby dicks nigga

a sensor on your car that temporarily child locks the driver door when it senses traffic comming so the dumbass driver doesnt have their door/arm torn off and lets you know when its safe to exit

another idea: you could take teslas sensors for self driving tech and make them sense speed bumps. Then make a program that raises and lowers those stupid stances rice burners so they dont get stuck

Afterburners

Feel free to send me half the winnings over Paypal

The most dangerous part of any vehicle is the driver.

Automate all moving vehicles and put all freight on the railroad.

safe? yes. fun? no :(

draconian speed limits

>biometric scanners
For what purpose

>reactive armor
you blasted my sides

>fun? no
Doing it wrong. Wait for cars to come out with self HOONING. That'll be a thrill.

Or get yourself a self-driving van and turn it into your second mom's basement. Get Clearwire and you can even shitpost and play vidya during your commute.

more tires

>We're supposed to come up with an idea for a new technology that would make cars safer.

Vagina sniffer in the drivers seat that stops the car working

dildometric scanners

>just fucked some girl
>can't drive home

Wash your junk you grot

Directional thrusters with sensors. Say you're approaching a pedestrian at 100 mph. The car senses this and at a precise point the thrusters give a delta IV burst and the car immediately comes to a stop. Say you're in traffic and some nut job is texting away and about to rear end you. Now you may be thinking, heh, you have no where to go. That's where you're wrong pal. The underside mounted thrusters boost you safely into the air well clear of the crash. Please give credit.

>100-0 mph
>immediately

>your neck

>broken

>immediately