What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the 2016 Civic Coupe (LX-P 2.0 w/ CVT) since the clearance sale is going on?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on the 2016 Civic Coupe (LX-P 2.0 w/ CVT) since the clearance sale is going on?

Good option for point a-b city with maybe monthly extended trips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cb6rIZfCuHI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>CVT

AAAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAAAAaaahaaaaaheeeheee...heeh...heeehhhh...

Wait you're serious?

CVT is fine if you are ok with the drone noise from the engine. As a auto enthusiast 6-speed or nothing. Test drove one a while back, the doors on the 2-door are huge. Get the 6-speed, it feels great and clutch is light.

The car itself is a bargain for the price, Honda has undercut the entire market with the new civic.

Thanks. I'm "upgrading" from a 2d 2004 cavalier so I just want a more-or-less drop-in replacement. I'm not much of an enthusiast class of driver.

Go for one with the 1.5l and the turbo. I have an EX-L 4 door and I love it.

Don't do it. It's not a real civic and the cvt is shit. A clean 01-05 civic would be an upgrade over the shitty cavalier.

>cvt

Cvt has worse life span than both bmxa and slxa transmissions. 130kmi to 150kmi.

You know the coupe is smaller and lighter than the sedan and hatch right?
Its a civic though the steering feels like an accord.
Also as someone who owns a 2001civic coupe its good but it steers like shit. Positive is you wont oversteer.

My 2001 civic doesn't steer like shit. The magic of good tires.

What tires you using?
I have to torque steer every corner.

understeer =/= torque steer

I have the 15in oem alloys. 195/60r15 Goodyear eagle sport all seasons.

>Look through recipts.
>Realize i havent had a tire rotation in 3 years.
Nvm.

It's pretty nice.

Personally I'd prefer a 6speed but Honda cvt's are actually pretty decent so you can't go wrong with either.

Thanks. I would go for the manual and learn just to shave off another $1000, but there aren't any available. Even the LX base models are all CVT. I looked at around 5 dealers for the metallic blue (which was also surprisingly hard to find) and it's all they have.

Maybe a few months ago.

I think I'll go for it if I can get a good deal.

You could probably fit another door on there is you really wanted to, so it doesn't have to be just 2doors

If you're going to get CVT, you might as well get the Sedan.

Actually, there's no reason to buy a civic coupe, just get the sedan.

What if he doesn't want 4 doors?

I wanted more than 2 doors and didn't want a sedan so I got a veloster

With a car like that, you just look retarded getting the coupe over the sedan

>tfw dd a cvt 2015 civic coupe
>tfw actually quite enjoy the manumatic paddle shifters

JUST LOCK ME UP

>fake
>shift
>points

It's not even a gimmick at this point. It's just something people wanted so bad they put it in even though it's completely goddamn stupid and pointless
CVTs don't even shift

a cvt has no paddle shifters dummy

How about don't buy anything until the manual is available, faggot. Or just get an actual good civic for 3k.

Kill yourself

The 2015 does, and for some reason the 2016 does in Canada.

>fun
>pointless

Yeah it's stupid but idgaf, I'd rather have a CVT that mimics gears than one that doesn't if I don't have another auto choice in a car I want.

How about not wanting a car at all if it has a cvt?

Be sure you test drive the new Mazda3 as well. The 2017 has some subtle mid cycle changes that put it pretty close to being a flawless commuter

That's just your extra chromosome talking. If I'm getting a CVT it's because it's properly tuned and set up to keep the engine well within the optimum powerband at all times as a CVT SHOULD DO, instead of this 'hurr imma jus make a fake slushbox with it'

Fair enough, but I wanted the 14/15 coupe and didn't want a manual. The CVT turned out to be pretty close to a traditional auto so I was sold.

That's how the regular auto mode is.

How about buying what you need? We can sperg all day and race benchmarks and whine about if it's a """""real"""" Civic or not but at the end, it's a high ranked Honda and easily the best gen in over a decade

>not wanting a manual
Faggot.

Gtfo normie. If you're not an enthusiast why are you here?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd imagine to make wutkarisgud threads like every nonenthusiast has in the last decade of Veeky Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=cb6rIZfCuHI

Believe it or not, some people like OP want a new car and don't have daddy's trust fund for some ricer $30k sports car.

Veeky Forumss fascination with buying used cars is nauseating sometimes.
>oh, you're looking to get rid of your '04? You should buy this '01.

I would get the EX-T, that shit is damn good for the money.

>no tire rotation in 3 years.
what in the actual fuck????
i rotate my civic tires every time i change the oil. what is wrong with you?

Why is this guy so pretentious?

Wait a little bit then get the Civic hatch with the 1.5 turbo and 6 speed

If it's a better car why does the year matter? An upgrade is an upgrade.

A 15 year old Civic is not an upgrade

It's an upgrade to a 2004 cavalier.

Not really