Who makes the most durable car, body wise? Something that won't rust or get paint chips easy

Who makes the most durable car, body wise? Something that won't rust or get paint chips easy.

I've read some tests and inspection reports, and apparently its Renault

yee

That's disappointing.

galants are fucking strong. i loved how durable the paint was and it can handle a front flip at 60m/h. just roll it over, kick the roof back up and drive away

French cars, old Audis, Borscht, anything that isn’t Japanese really. This is in terms of rust.

In case of a crash, anything new will be most survivable.

...were they not built with volvo chassis?

Seconding '90s Audis, or anything galvanized from before 2000 really. Those fuckers will not rust.

>
>...were they not built with volvo chassis?

It was a Mitsu chassis that Volvo used. I have the S40 it was used on

Best rust protection is PSA Peugeot Citroen hands down. I still see 205s around without a bubble on them. This is in the UK as well

anything that has a galvanized body and proper cavity sealing.

that's why a lot of stone age audi 80 can look like factory fresh.

it's especially hysterical when a Ford KA and a 205 park next to each other.

Ford really shat out shit cars back then.

I had a 1995 Galant 4wd.. great car in every way except for rust protection. I seriously havent seen a more rusty car. Every structual point in the front was damaged.. tho the car looked fine from the outside. All of the electronics worked and 4wd, but i had to wreck it,,,fuckin rust, would not buy again

>buff out all the clear coat scratches
>apply sealant of your choice
>wash car the proper way

unless you own a subaru it's not going to even matter if you do the above

mine was a mint that had been in the family since it was bought so i can't talk much about how bad they can get. however, these galants around 2000 are still cruising the streets here in Iceland where everything rusts like hell and i have never seen a rust spot on any of them.even the massively beat up ones .the lancers however...

>Ford

Ehh, at least its not a Rover, right?

B3 80s are the sweet spot for Audis. I dont see the old 100/A6 holding up that well though, they arent too bad though.

>Ehh, at least its not a Rover, right?

I had an MG ZS, it was 2004 model but contained the finest 90s technology.

Least durable are early 2000s mazdas for sure. I have a protege as my dd shitbox and it is russsty

i have an 04 206 gti and my neighbour has an 04 ka
exactly what you said

2015 or newer F-150.

Make sure to get the EcoBoost.

Get a 94 940 turbo. Its fun nuff, easy mods, body is solid. Friends been in 2 accidents with his $500 940. Airbags gone long ago and shit. He sold it for $200. Got 5 years out of a beat to shit double crahed 940 for $300. Volvos are gods at living forever. The 850s like in OP body panels arent as hard as the older ones though.

Yep, this is because EU standard for zinc content in galvanized metal changed around 00's, newer cars use shitmetal.

The Fiero. Entire car is made of high-grade high-tensile steel with quality rustproofing. Outer body is plastic.

Delorean
Stainless steel body
Otherwise completely shit