Does Veeky Forums know anything about automotive upholstery ?

Does Veeky Forums know anything about automotive upholstery ?

>leather wrap plastic interiors
>reupholster your seats
>carpets and headliners
>leather custom stich patterns
>from Vinyl to Italian leather

I am personally fammiliarizing with this subject and I wish to to become an artisan upholsterer

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSm3zoWrAo

m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2xxMFBgID0

>I am personally fammiliarizing with this subject and I wish to to become an artisan upholsterer

wow you sound like a faggot

take it to an upholstery shop like everyone else

I'm sure you take your car to the shop to get an oil change

Also take your wife to Tyrone for servicing too

Anything you pretty much can't do right

>getting so butthurt about not being able to sew

welcome to the world of automotive enthusiasts

very involved, difficult, time-consuming repairs/mods that i dont have the tools or skills for, you know what ?

I PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT

fuck off faggots

>I am personally fammiliarizing with this subject and I wish to to become an artisan upholsterer
You sound like you're well familiarised with fedoras, too.

diesel fiat

Just like when your woman gets fucked by another man while you watch?

KEK
U
C
K

calling others cucks isnt gonna make you right

you sounded like a fedora wearing faggot in the OP

and no one here does upholstery, deal with it

How about I sow us up some driving gloves so we can circle jerk on the bus together ?

Headliners are easy to fix yourself with fabric and glue
That's all I know really

>sow

jesus christ OP

dont actually respond to the autistic fuck

DIESEL

Fuck you, I have vinyl tears. We're having an upholstery thread.

Just fucking with you, OP.
Being interested in that is much better than being interested in inferior engines like ecoshits.

But I like all aspects of cars..you should see the bus I ride to the happy hands autism centre every Thursday

I put on my best fedora for the occasion

>grandma cuts the crusts off my Bologna
>assemble my favourite flood jeans, black sketchers, fedora
>pack up my Transformers lunchbox
>transition lenses darken as I arise from grandmas
>tilt my fedora just right
>tighten my driving gloves
>clutch my favourite book of my favourite month, Octoberâ„¢
>sit and wait for the diesel powered Eco-boostâ„¢ bus
>sit and smile smugly knowing no one can beat my quad turbo bus with super comfy seating
>think about my f-150 seat covers on back order to match my driving gloves

FIAT

Looked better before and I am not meming.
More period correct.

Stop this wreck less memeing before someone gets hurt :^)

The before pic looks better.

Theres a lot of cool stuff you can do, ignore the "enthusiasts" that take their car to someone else for anything and everything.
Here's the headliner I did in my mustang.

Why would that be done with vinyl or cheap leather? It looks like something out of wal mart

All depends on the application.
Crushed red velvet on a lifted f150 wouldn't go well.
But on a vintage pearl white rolls Royce convertible it could look pretty sweet.

Is that a dog?

It would look perfect in this.

No man I like the stitching work, I'm just saying that cheap vinyl or leather just makes it look gaudy.

This is done correctly using nicely grained hides.

Stop trying to sound smart. You sound like one of those guys working a minimum wage job that keep saying "I'm plenty smart, school just isn't for me" every time you meet a college student or grad.

Poo-say

>Taking wife to get fucked by niggers

Plebian tier

>Don't actually respond

You are what is wrong with this board

>Projecting this hard

Wew lad

If you want to learn it, go find an apprenticeship in it. It's not the kind if thing you can learn in a few days just fucking round with your mom's old sewing machine. If you want to do top quality work like in the OP pic you need to know what your doing. I'm not an auto trimmer but I work alongside trimmers refurbishing busses.

My grandfather does custom automotive upholstery as a hobby. He'll spend 20+ hours doing stitching, fitting, foam work, etc on a single seat.

It's extremely time consuming and articulate work that takes a lot of practice. Most of the slip cover reupholstery products look and fit like absolute shit.

You're best of taking your seats down to a shop to be done despite how expensive it is or swapping in seats you like better from a salvaged vehicle.

Looks good in exotics or sport cars, but would look out of place in that Lincoln.

This could of been a decent thread....

OP, I work at a shop that does auto glass and "restyle" which is leather seats, sunroofs, back up cams, nav, etc.

Just watch more videos and just start doing it your self. Grab a seat from the junk yard and pull the covers off, see how things come apart/ go together. Buy some cheap material and just practice to git gud. Don't expect it to pay, but think about it as a skill that you can use for your own benefit.

I bought a pair of '90 Prelude seats that I'm adapting the seat brackets to fit my car, and I want to make covers for them at some point. I also plan on doing a lot of interior wrapping.

>could have been a decent thread
But this board is full of millennials that expect everything to be done for them.

Have a bronco seat OP.
Stingray and osterich.
Was my first attempt on a seat, theyre by far the most complicated part of an interior.

been there, done that
though i have to admit i have a friend who does professional interior work and he helped me

alright, he did most of the stuff, but still

Lmao look at this cuck

>a nu-male trippershitter weights in

Indersting :DD

Yeah I despise restomodders that think diamond stitch needs to be in everything.

>nu-male
Lmaoooo
Go back to your BRZ
Wait you probably don't even have a car

i hate this too
there are so many different things you can do but nope, gotta go for diamond stitch

though it's possible to pull it off

>he uses the word nu-male unironicly
i bet you vote for trump

Yes. But I think 90s cars take well to the treatment. I've seen an 06 gto with diamond stitch leather seats and it looked great. Even though the stock seats are really attractive. But just putting it on cars before its time is disgusting because its really a nouveau luxe thing (inb4 fedora)

I actually graduated from college for electrical engineering, I do work I just want something to do in my spare time, I already do all my own electrical and mechanical work, anything beyond steaming my interior I want to know, what is wrong with wanting to know how to fix or restore the upholstery?

I have kids I can't afford to just go down to the custom upholstery shop and fork over thousands when I can do the work for 1/4 of the cost.

Maybe I should have gone to /diy/

Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums) have changed so much over the last 9 years

if you do reply, id like to know more..also reddit.
theyre a bit more helpful

More about automotive upholstery ?

Theres a reason why they are paid to do what they do. Wrapping your headliner and a pillars in alcantara or suede is easy enough to look up and diy. Reskinning your center console is easy af. Doing stuff like reupholstering a seat is out of the realm of the average channers' skill set so they sperg out about it because lets be honest they are neets that would kill to be able to reskin a pair of seats in leather for 1200.

first thing you are going to need is industral sewing machine. why? because most car/ truck interiors use thicker material than your home sewing machine can handle.
streching the material is a laborious task. hate to tell you but if you can sew at home you can remake a car interior... the only thing you will need to do is get used to is securing hog rings so the material on your seats stays taught.
if you need more help buy a auto reupholerery book.

>Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums) have changed so much over the last 9 years
it really hasn't changed that much, the only real difference are the large number of generals

yes

Yea I already calculated the cost of an industrial sewing machine at roughly 650$ still will cost me less to invest in the tools myself then get all my seats done

You can get by with an old singer.
I actually took a piece of still gray to the largest sewing machine outlet in town- they didn't have a single model that would pierce it.
Singer I got from fleabay for $50 does it without a single issue.
only does straight stitch though.

>took a piece of stingray.
Stupid autocorrect

>sewing
>hard

What?? How is that a hard skill? Just don't have shaky hands.

It's more or less figuring out how the panels piece together and leaving a gap of extra material when stitching patterns.

It's well worth it imo, maybe I'm too "obsessed" with working on my car and I belong on some Hobbey website that is only for working on your car