General thread for Lincoln Town cars, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Ford Crown Victorias/P71

General thread for Lincoln Town cars, Mercury Grand Marquis, and Ford Crown Victorias/P71

Recently picked up a 2010 p71 looking for some input on making the 4.6 have a little more balls. Would love to get it to about 300/325 hp and 350 fpt

there is no reason to own a v8

you really only need a 4cyl

No one grows up wanting a Honda.

Op here, already own it. Nothing out of what I driven is as fun as a V8 rwd. That's just a good time.

That is true, if you're not interested in cars at all and only see them as appliance

I've hit up the junk yard 3 times now trying to find a pair of 17 inch police interceptor wheels and either they don't have them or the only ones they have are dented and bent from driving over curbs.
Where the fuck do I get a couple of these bastards?
I need 17 inch steelies so I can band them and make 10 inch wide wheels.

Need and want are two different things. Welcome to America

No one dreams as a kid of owning an old beat up ex-taxi.

S2000s are on posters in many kids bedrooms.

Ah yes, need, the europoor's favorite word.

>muh want
I want to eat 10 big macs for dinner but I only need to eat one 400g steak so I eat that instead
Enjoy your diabetes america

Goddamn that paint is clean af. Props to you

>food and cars are things that work well to compare
One is a lot of calories that need a lot of exercise to be burnt off. Another is an expensive item that you use every day and keep for years, and not really an impact on your health. And this is the car board for fucks sake, even if we're using it as an appliance and not a toy we want something that suits our preferences.

A 4cyl is faster and more efficient than the shit heap crown vic

>an engine is faster than a car

>measuring you steak by the gram
>being this much of a yuropoor

Kekkaridekkaridoodah

>being purposefully obtuse bevause you can't deal with the crown vic being a fat slow can't turn automagic piece of shit
The wannabe mall cops itt can kys

Lol I daily drive a 1.3l 1700lb car, I don't even own a crown vic.
Stay mad tho.

There's quite a few at my wrecker here. They are out there I do want to band mine as well.

>Not measuring your intake regardless of how many pounds your steak is

Sure isn't Veeky Forums in here.

There's quite a few at my wrecker here. They are out there I do want to band mine as well.

Maybe of you had no dad or two dad's.

Kek how meny Toyota cop cars do you see?

kinda tired of owning a meme car.
Mines in great condition. Paint sorta sucks though.
Anyone wanna buy it for like 3500? Windows are tinted now.

>300/325 hp and 350 fpt

Your not getting that out of a 2v for cheap.

Lower it like OP and we'll talk

Cant you just do that yourself? Im not interested in driving a lowered car.

Don't you wanna look cool user?

Take 1500 off the price desu

All hail glorious 97 Town Car

Wya?

Making a presence

Its not even at 110000 miles yet, I already replaced front upper control arms/ball joints and lower ball joints. Its worth more than 2 grand.
Collin County in Texas.

Any money put into a car is put into a trash can, it never comes back.

Lonoke County, Arkansas. Lemme map quest it

Ah you're just outside of Dallas, that's doable.

Yes you can. Cams, exhaust, intake. Not expensive.

You can get a sct tuner and get an email tune for a higher octane or even e85 in your case. On crownvic.net they say these cars do about 205hp to the wheels on 92 octane. Not sure what that is crank.

i've always wanted a civic or any hatchback car

also

>4.6l 2v
>300/325 hp

kek i'm sure you would... you and every other faggot with a mustang too

things that aren't happening

>325 hp n/a 4.6l 2v

Nigga what? A few thousand could met you that without forced induction, get real.

You... want even one Big Mac?

>not expensive
There is nothing cheap about making a modular, especially a 2v in a panther make power.

Even if he did the work himself and bought used parts he's looking at probably 2k. That's before gears, a decent convertor, ect...

If he want's 300hp cheap a 150 shot would be his best bet.

Speaking of 4.6's I bought this 97 HPP with a spun rod bearing a week ago. Was going to demo the car but it's absolutely mint underneath. I have a nice low mileage 04 2v laying around I plan to stick in over the winter, and it should make for a decent daily.

>people buy these for speed

>2k
>expensive
I'm sorry, what? That doesn't compute because apparently according to this logic, I am not poor.

h-hey guys I have a 2002 Lincoln Contenetial can I join the thread

Let's put 2-3 grand in a car that's worth 2-3 grand and will still be worth 2-3 grand and will still be terribly slow. Typical p71 owner logic.

Throttle body and 2 flowmaster 40's an route!

I'm sure those tuner cost around $300-400 and I could find better ways to spend that on parts
That sounds awful goy
I did. Every since I watched Taxi (2005) I always wanted a crown vic. So speak for yourself
Ebay, 70 apiece
Cheers m8

I dont own one. OP may not be poor like you, he just wants to juice his car up a bit, and chances are he doesn't plan on selling it soon if he wants to mod it.

Admiral Alexander why are you bullying FinMin?

>paying 70 dollars for a steel wheel
Lmao

>new
Plus of you can't find one... What're you gonna do?

Normally I'd agree but most p71 owners think flowmasters and a HAI are the be all mods. Panther owners are usually some cheap sob's myself included.

Buy a Town Car and you can.

$25 a pop at the local u pull. I've got two of the 17's and surprise surprise their both bent. They just keep my 04 frame off the ground.
Aluminum's are $40 but I still collect clean HPP's when I see them.

You never answered the question, Admiral Alexander.

>replying to Veeky Forums posts via twitter

I got my HPPs from the junk yard for 20 each with tires on em, they got more too.

I agree with that. For every Panther owner that knows how to get power out of a 2v, there are 15 dude bros that think flowmasters add 20 hp.

Fuck that's a steal. I sold my last set for $200. Now I only have 12 left counting this new car which has mint corrosion free 97/98 style. Half the reason I bought it.

If you put a trailer hitch on these, how much can they tow?

Ford derated them in the mid 90's to try and sell more SUV's and Trucks, but they can easily tow ~3-4k all day long.

I routinely tow 5-7k with my old wagon. It doesn't give a shit.

Grand Marquis here, TC is starting to do the shuddering spookies. Just got it up on a lift and there isn't a boot or bushing that isn't fucked. Small atf and oil leak, but otherwise cool. Did a coolant flush and that was the darkest coolant I've ever seen.

145k and I only gave $1700 though, bought from the original owner and its nearly perfect inside and out.

Ive been seeing a lot of Grand Marquis on the road lately. A lot of Town Cars and Continentals too. And I'm really kind of glad that they're back in style.

I can't really say the panther died too soon, because 3 decades is actually pretty damn long for a car platform to last, but I'm glad to see people regaining their appetite for land barges.

I bought this one not too long ago. Only 2 owners, both family. downside is the last owner never really maintained the car or took care of it, and he was a total slob inside of it.

but it's right as rain now.

should specify- they were family to each other, but not MY family.

You can get the tuner used for like $100, make sure it has unlocks on it still. An email tune from a reputable shop will be another $150. It's best to do after your bolt ons.