Boy friend wants a new car. I disagree. Who is right?

Boy friend wants a new car. I disagree. Who is right?

>He makes 8 thousand dollars a year.
>He currently pays 360/per Month on 22k loan for a Civic SI he bought 9 months ago
>He lives at home with minimal expenses
>he is a college student

The new car is pic related
>new loan will cost him 440 per month
>gets 15k for trading in the civic
>new loan will total 26k

Is this a bad idea???? I will stand by to provide any other needed information.

Other urls found in this thread:

budgeting.thenest.com/good-debttoincome-ratios-auto-loans-20363.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>taking out a new loan when the last one's not paid off yet
Sure, that sounds like a brilliant idea.

>makes 8k a year
He should probably trade in his car for a bike and a bus pass.

Tits or gtfo

This is a blue board.

buying a car that costs almost 3 times his yearly income was a retarded idea. Buying one that costs more than 4 times as much is retardeder

Let him learn the hard way. Either he gets bent over and never considers it again, or he survives the Jewish wringer and gets to keep his Subie and you can look back years down the track and think about how you almost talked him out of enjoying his cash.

>makes 8 grand a yeae
>wants new car
This is how poor people stay poor

>Never financed anything in their life

It's pretty common for people to trade in a car 2-3 years in to a 5-7 year loan, or even as soon as the loan payoff dips below the current market value.

Really? I thought it was conservative ideology.

I fail to see the problem since he's at home. If he's making 8k part time while going to school, it's feasible.

If such were the case then why do black people vote Democrat whilst being poor?

Obviously because the Republicans are keeping them poor.

>makes 8 thousand dollars a year
>Eight. Thousand.
>Per. Year.
>currently pays 360/per Month on 22k loan for a Civic
>wants to pay 440/mo
>That's almost 3/4 of your gross income going into a car

What the fuck. Is this the beginning of a "Tales from the stealership" story? Why are poor people so fucking stupid? Just get a used shitbox and save your money. Jesus fucking christ.

>8k/year
Can you even eat on that?

>this is what democucks actually believe

holy shit why do people who make so little money take out such large loans? jesus fuck save up for the things you want. cant reasonably save that much? GOOD. dont buy it and work harder to make more to earn the things you want. bunch of dependent children who cant be fucked to save a fucking penny. paycheck this week? too bad that moneys gone before it hits your bank account because you owe every lender and their kids an arm and a leg.

>republicans actually believe that i'm a democrat and this is what i actually believe

Let me drop you a fucking tip:

budgeting.thenest.com/good-debttoincome-ratios-auto-loans-20363.html

>Multiply your gross income by 36 percent to determine the maximum monthly debt payments you can make.

>8000/yr = 666/mo
>36% of 666 = 239.76

Your boyfriend should be paying at a MAXIMUM $239 per month on car payments, unless he wants to be poor forever.

>why do black people vote Democrat whilst being poor

For maximum gibsmedats

kek

>HUR DUR ERRYBUDY DUZ IT!
>thinks that makes it a sound financial move

It's his money let the nigger buy whatever he wants.

>gets 15k for trading in the civic
Trading in the civic he doesn't actually own?

Tell him to stop being a retard and spending all his money on depreciating assets. spending all of your years salary on a car is beyond retarded

Sell the car privately, pay off your loan, privately buy an older civic for $3000.

8k a year? My God. If this guy goes anywhere near a car dealership dump his ass.

But its his hobby!

>boyfriend
>owns Civic Si
>wants WRX

OP and his boyfriend are obviously gay men. Do you really want gay mantits?

>two fun sporty DDs
>must be gay
Lol okay faggot. Have fun driving that crown vic for the 5 years.

>his hobby is spending money he doesn't have

>He makes $8k/year
>He's taking a $4k loss on a car he just bought
It's an awful idea.

>8k a year
Make him buy a cheap shitbox or dump his financially retarded ass.

440 x 12 = 5280$

I use 200$ CND of gas a month, i'll assume half for OP's case (best case scenario). so 1200$ a year
1200+5280=6480$

Now add insurance to that, which should at least be 100$ a month in the absolute best case scenario, but since a WRX is a "sport" car it should be more. Shit i pay 130 on a 2 door civic. So another 1200$ a year.

Total: 7680$ if i'm being conservative.

Have fun you faggots, you retards truly deserve each other.

Might want to trade your beta-cuck boyfriend in, if it's his finances why the fuck is your opinion relevant? If it somehow affects your finances, then he is a toxic anchor.

Isn't that almost half the poverty line?

>makes 8k per year
>Already has a 22k loan
>8k per fucking year
>8k PER FUCKING YEAR

Dump his ass and get with me. I make 64k a year and it only goes up baby.

>mfw make $5k / month sometimes depending how much I work

Did op calculate 8k after taxes and such? If he's working part-time, he must have not worked as many hours as he coulda. Assuming he worked part time making 10 an hour for 24 hrs a week he shoulda made at least 11520.... so his parents must really like him for him to front over that money in the short term.

ITT: People who are poor who are financially conservative trying to talk to an OP who's family obviously washes his nuts for him

What's he going to school for?

Obviously no one survives wanting shit like si civics and wrexes and makes 8k forever. So this is basically a temporary situation.

Is it make money degree, or are his academic decisions just as retarded?

Obviously the debt is going to outlast the 8k a year shit. Where's it going?

>8k a year

are you ugly or something? you know you could do better if you are at least 7/10. maybe even 6/10

And here I though I was the stupid one for taking out a 26k loan when I make only 42k/yr.

I make 9k a year and I'm iffy on whether it's even worth paying 150/month on a car.

Jesus Christ. Your boyfriend has already made a stupid fucking decision. You do realize with him spending all his money on his car his life is literally at a standstill and he's not planning on progressing any further right?

democucks actually believe that republicans believe that they're democrats and that's what they actually believe

People believe that democrats and republicans dont believe the same things.

>good debt to income ratios
my debt to income ratio is basically below -1.
sub-zero debt because actually no debt and savings bigger than my yearly income
how yuropoor am I?

>financing a second hand car

People actually do this?

nice story I make six figures btw

After all that forgot to mention
$320.00/yr to spend on OP's significant other
Not even $1 /day

Just wait until he's tailgaiting you while in traffic.

kek

>tfw I make around $8k/yr since I'm only working the occasional weekend currently
>tfw I have no other choice but to do this right now
Sure is nice to have someone post about someone else's stupid shit situation to make my life seem better by comparison

>there are people who make

You are joking right? He makes 8k a year and wants to get a new car? Come back to us when he makes about 10x that figure. Only then can the two of you safely afford a new car.

You are dating the prime example of stupidity.

>Multiply your gross income by 36 percent to determine the maximum monthly debt payments you can make.
This is retarded, this formula is telling me to take 300 out of each 2 week paycheck just for the car payment. There's no fucking way I'd pay 600 a month before insurance, which would easily be another 400 because of my age.

that's not how you spell bailouts for big banks

That he can't afford at all because he works a shit burger flipping job and is obviously also wasting his money on snapbacks, vape juice and feeding his gf shit food cause they are both losers of the lower-middle class. Fuck this thread

how the hell does he make 8k a year. i'm in college and only work weekends and i make 12k pre taxes.

How the fuck did he get financed only making 8 grand a year?
This is a fucking stupid idea. He shouldn't have spent more than 3-5 grand on something old and maybe ugly, but mechanically sound.

And how does he only make 8k? Is he a part time burger flipper??

The last few years it's been the Same here, after some actually pretty kick ass Heath insurance.

>makes 8k a year

And how the fuck do you manage that? What area and job pays you 154+/- a week?

I worked about 3-4 days a week for about 3 hours at a time after school and I made around that much weekly.

This was in highschool btw.

over 15 years ago.

Yes please go deeper in debt on something that deprecates like a montherfucker.

I make $120K a year and I keep a car payment below $450... how? because I never get big loans and I make sure I have equity or a car paid off before I get a newer one.

>Boy friend wants a new car. I disagree. Who is right?

He’s right – he does want a new car. You disagree that it’s a good idea, not with the fact that he wants a new car.

If he’s close to graduating and isn’t going to take a break between college and work, then sure, it can work. The usual rules of thumb for car price vs. income don’t really apply if you know your income is about to jump up. It’s still a dumb idea, of course. He already has a nice car for a college student – what’s bothering him about it?

Don’t marry him.

And I bet you bought a brand new Corvette with money you made selling lemonade and mowing lawns, grandpa.

Mommy and Daddy cosigned his privileged gay ass that's how.
He would also need them to cosign for new loan if they were good parents they would say no

truth

>pretty much never work
>HURR OMG I'M SO POOR ;~;

m8 shut the fuck up. That's honestly pretty decent if you only have to work weekends for it.

This, how does he even eat?

So what, you're making about $15 an hour? It's pretty easy to end up making less than that if you don't want to work labour and don't have a degree.

>equity
>car

Pick one and only one

Ue didn't say the car was equity
Learn to read

>and yes banks Consider cars as equity

>dating a poorfag

this entire thread is bait
8k a year is literally less than a NEET pulls on autismbux

Holy fuck if op exists and dates the said bf that always exists

Do you want some retard in 50k of debt to father your children? Why not go straight for a nig

This is exceptional bait

>makes 8k a year
>college student
>taking out loans for "race" cars
Not a bright one is he?

Might be more true than you think if he's a college student. University only pays out our IT staff 13$ /hr with a max of like 12 hours a week, and they're probably on the higher end of the student pay grade. Kid is still a retard, but students who do research or work on campus have very little 'rights' as workers go, hell work-study only guarantees ~$5k/year here in Cali.

Would you believe me if I said I like his personality?

On top of student loan debt. Just use Uber at school, beater throwaway car for home.

>all these people falling for this obvious b8

I thought I was retarded taking a $16k loan making 40k/yr

>He lives at home with minimal expenses
Step it up desu baka

I WISH DIS WAS BAIT.

Don't let him do it OP. Unless he is living at home and his parents are paying for it + insurance, it is downright retarded.

12 hours a week? that's not even a real fucking job

They are paying for insurance + all living expenses.

He only pays for his current car + fun spending.

>Makes 8k a year
>Financed a car already
>Wants to finance to another for more

I saved up for 3 years working part time to buy my '06 STi, so if I can do it, that fag can do it, too

Delayed gratification is hard.

>8k a year
>22k car
>honda

good lord... keep all weapons and sharp objects away from this guy.. He's a ticking time bomb.

Ugh, just pointing out that at some point in a young man's life he has to realize when he's going down the road of being a dead beat bitch.

yeah bro me too my portfolio's looking to fly next year

Yeah and if you can work on your patience you might be able to unfuck yourself out of being a "millennial". Me I'm working on getting a better job and using my shit job to amass a large amount of shitboxes and repairs to my inherited home.

Jan Vincent don't do it I know it's you, I already told you youre a dumb motherfucker

At least you have an actual job m8.

>$8k a year
>financing a cars that cost 3x more than he makes in a year
>mfw

desu tell him to buy a motorcycle instead if he wants to go faster