Would you rather receive this 1928 Ford as a gift or a modern smart car?

Would you rather receive this 1928 Ford as a gift or a modern smart car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iFSGSL3Nrmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That. It's worth more and probably gets better mpg's.

Both are slow un-fun pieces of shit.
So, the Model A. But can I get it in a roadster?

The Ford. I can hot rod that shit.

This thread gets posted constantly and the answer is always classic if you already have something that works because it's value only goes up, or modern car if you have nothing because you can't DD something from before the 60s without shitloads of money going into restomodding it.

>would you rather receive this very expensive fully restored antique car

>or a fucking smart car

Gee, OP. what a choice.

That Ford is dope. I'd look like a gangster, see?

I'd just take the Ford, sell it, sell my Civic, and then use the money from selling both cars to get a modern car better than a 2007 civic

>Very expensive
A restored model A isn't with more than 25k or so.

Model A so I can sell it
quit job
have a nice bender to close out life

Please don't ever fucking do this you boomer piece of shit.

That's actually significantly more than I thought they cost

Im not a boomer but that would be cooler than some boring stock one

>Curb weight 2,265 lb

hnng

I want to stick a rotary in one

youtube.com/watch?v=iFSGSL3Nrmc

It's your kind of people that destroyed these cars in the 80s and now people that want stock ones have to pay out the ass for them. I can understand if it was a rusted shell, then fine do what you will. But to do that to a completed one that runs?

Just keep buying miatas fuckwit.

well Im helping people out by hotrodding another one

theirs can increase in value while I have an actual fun car

I dont care about "Restored" cars

Tthe flathead that's in there can be tuned to make a truly absurd amount of power, fuck rotar

>spend like 10 grand to make 200hp

nah Im good

You can pull 400 N/a if you put in some effort

Why even bother with a Flat head? Spend like 3-4k on an Oldsmobile 2.3L Quad 4 swap, add the W41 cams and computer chip, 200 HP 2.3L Ford with an engine that looks virtually identical to an Offenhauser racing engine, but is a million times easier to get parts for.

And what happens when the people who like restored cars die out? Their dumbass JDM grandchildren swap Jap shit in them or chebbys. Besides it'll be too much work for you to convert the entire drive train and suspension to something modern so you'd never do it. I'm just venting my rage.
You my friend are thinking of a flathead v8, that model A has a flathead 4 cylinder. Shit barely has 5:1 compression or so and hardly anyone sells performance parts for it.

I've seen them done with ford 2.3l engines but never an Olds. I wouldn't do it but hey.

yeah but thats a lot of money for the power

the only bonus to the flathead is looks and sound

because a rotary Model A would be something different

>Besides it'll be too much work for you to convert the entire drive train and suspension to something modern so you'd never do it.

people have done it plenty

its not like a 70s era Rotary is complicated anyway

Jap engine swaps in old American cars are cool tho

No people have put model A bodies on an entire different chassis that has a different motor as well. They don't just swap out the motor.

Old people just had an easier time in 1975 buying a complete car.

Depending on what the cost is for a refreshed Ford Model A, i'd go for it. Pretty fond of old vintage cars.

>not wanting to brag about having an Offy replica

Both would be a bitch to fix.
One would be hard to find parts for and only the dealer has the specialized software tools for the other.

meh

why not peri ported 13b?

dem braps and revs