Best small pickup truck

I'm selling my newer truck and getting a used mid size pickup.

I've been shopping around but I need to know what is the most reliable from your experience.

I won't be hauling much (reason I'm selling my truck) and also want to be able to work on it myself.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also I can only operate automatics ( city boy) and I don't want to learn while living in downtown metropolitan areas.

Tacomas cost too much btw wtf

First off, a few questions.

What's your budget?
New or used?
2WD or 4WD?
regular cab or extended cab?
4 cylinder, 5 cylinder or V6?

Whilst my market (ausfaggotland) might not have too much in common in terms of mid size pickups, there's a few similarities. After having the opportunity to sample a lot of different variants as jobsite LVs, my money would go to any of the Isuzu based pickups. They're capable enough and hold up to abuse better than the others.
On that note, in the North American market I'd be looking at either the Chevrolet Colorado or GMC Canyon with the Duramax diesel.

colorado and Canyon didn't get a diesel option until 2016. Before that, they were either 4 cylinder, 5 cylinder, or V8. And the V8s weren't popular despite being a 5.3L LS engine... probably has to do with the fact it was built by GM Performance divsion and was 2WD only.

Anyways, the 4 and 5 cylinders are pretty bulletproof since they're just a cut down LL8 inline 6. The 5 cylinder makes a glorious noise too.

I want to spend no more than 6k unless the deal is that great.

Uses are mainly daily driving but also camping.. 4x4 would be nice but I don't expect it at my price range.

Reg or extended.

1st 4cyl. 2nd v6

Been looking at rangers but where I live (texas) the prices at dealerships are laughable.

Was wondering about frontiers.

Why do you want a truck at all if you're not hauling shit?

I have a car. I occasionally do haul shit and like the option to have a bed.

Look into Chevy Colorados and Canyons. If you can swing it, try to find one with the 3.5L or 3.7L 5 cylinder.

Ferd ranger 2.3 duratec

6k is pretty low for a truck, particularly for a dealers, unless you don't mind high miles, +120,000. Usually for any truck that cheap you have to look for private owners.

Frontiers are okay but they are also Nissians so they will find a way to annoy you.

I know they aren't mid size but reg cab older models are smaller than most trucks today.. Early 2000s especially silverados.

The sad truth about the state of the truck industry. I saw a mid 90s F-150 next to a 2010 F-150 and the new one looked like it was at least two feet taller and a foot fatter.

That's the automotive industry as a whole. This upscaling isn't truck only phenomenon.

I know my neighbor has a2015 f150 supercab or w/e and it looks massive next to a 2006 full cab silverado

I agree with this

I drove one for a little while for a company

Solid truck we never had a problem with it

Yea my 07 silverado looks tiny compared to my dad's 2013 f150

>This upscaling isn't truck only phenomenon.

>Ford ranger
>Mazda looks

posting the GOAT one

Bump

They definitely did a 4x4 v8 Colorado. I owned one.

How many miles? From what Ive heard Colorados aren't too reliable in comparison to its competitors.

>its competitors.
You mean like the deathtrap toyotas?

Ranger will always be king.

No because the market values toys at multiples higher than the Colorado.

I'm just sick of the mid size market costing more than full size.

Also my issue with Colorados is that they don't have the aftermarket and overall parts availability as both the ranger and taco.

Are tacos the honda of small trucks or are they really that reliable?

Shame Holden or Isuzu never offered a V8 version to the Ausfags, although I love the 4JJ1 diesel we currently get in the D-Max.
10/10 truck. Sounds like you no longe have it though...
Dunno what you've heard, but our local Isuzu based GM mid sizes are as rugged as a modern pickup gets.

I sold it with almost 350000 on it. Never needed more than regular maintenance. Held up to alot of abuse with 9" of lift and 35" tires

What sort of "aftermarket" area do you think the Colorado is lacking?

Manual transmission in guessing. I get jealous hearing how people get that many miles out of a vehicle. I've never hold on to a car that long but plan to soon.

I mean in comparison to vehicles that have been around much longer.

My research isn't too deep in the colorado/ canyon.

And none of my experiences are hands on except for the ranger.

Nope auto. I'm not sure the v8 was offered with manual. I would have kept it but I needed to pull a trailer. I miss it tho. I live in a small town and I still see it once in a while I'd bet it's got over 500k on it now. I guess I should specify everything I posted is in km as I'm canadian.

The Canyon and Colorado have sufficient aftermarket. Don't worry about it. And as with GM, they are bulletproof reliable.

Speed bump =)

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Carist scum

L200
/thread

America doesn't get the L200

or that.

>but why-
Because OP is American, so it matters. Fuck off.

>America doesn't get the L200
Montero Challenger/Sport and an angle grinder

I narrowed it down to the Frontier and the Tacoma. Frontier has more for the money, and yea, so many Tacomas on the road. Love my Pro-4X.

America hasn't gotten the Montero since 2006.

>everyone says to go for a Colorado or Canyon
>durr. I'm gunna get uh nissan or toyota
Why did you come here then retard?

Hilux or Tacoma

Hilux isn't sold in Amerifat, and the Tacoma is an unrelated truck that is shit on by the competitiors.

>mid size pickup.
why
>fuel econ of full size
>same physical dimensions as full size
>cant haul shit
>cant tow shit
idiot

I just got this. PgoodTBH

Wow I've never seen this much love for the colorado on the threads where I asked if I should change my Colorado for a Ranger.

Now that I have, I see these threads. :T