Does anyone else feel like the professional drifting community is literally just a massive ad and not really that...

Does anyone else feel like the professional drifting community is literally just a massive ad and not really that competitive? More so than even Nascar I feel like drift cars are just billboards for companies to ejak their stickers all over.

They couldn't rebuild the engine after every event without the sponsorship money

Yes.

The only pure racing left is touge.

I think drifting in America is a huge joke anyway

drifting for the sake of doing turns sideways looks cool, but is time-consuming and stressful on the car

it wont have the competitive appeal because there is no competition, if someone stopped drifting they would have significantly faster lap times but i guess they score drifting competitions based on how "cool" you looked?

either way drifting is for weeaboo niggers, its only useful to learn in corrective measures during intense turns in actual racing, and even then initiating a drift means your not using your car to its full capabilities and wasting it on skidding

>>either way drifting is for weeaboo niggers

>I can't do it nor do I understand the fun of it so if you do it you're a weeb nigger
Fixed that for you bro.

Yeah, there is definitely an appeal to the actual act of drifting, but its like the equivalent of windmilling your arm to strum a guitar. Its fun to do every once in a while, but you shouldn't make a career out of it.

Im my opinion after watching both the japanese D1GP and Americas Fd, the americans are actually better (at least in tandem)

More like rhythm vs lead guitar

Repetition vs style

sure the pro drifting scene is interesting, but I don't actively go out to watch. it's more interesting to watch small time people do shit. either via youtube or local grassroots events.

I like the stuff they do in ebisu that you've probably seen on youtube from noriyaro, motionautotv, and lone star drift. Group tandem with a bunch of people you barely know is something pros never do because their car costs too much

The pros go to Ebisu and do that though

>pic related, Daigo Saito's missile

Yeah, thats not the point I was trying to get across.

I don't understand the point you were trying to make then

Racing is neat, if you're there in person or especially doing the driving.

Drifting is more neat, no matter if you're watching from across the world or there in person.

If someone wants to pay you for doing either then what difference does it make?
>MUH LAP TIMES

You are arguing it's repetition vs style when in reality it's two different forms of repetition. I'm saying that one form of racing is much more received "the way you're supposed to do it" this is where the example of simply strumming the guitar comes in. On the other hand the other form of racing ,drifitng, is not so widely accepted as a proper form of racing. This is where strumming your guitar in a windmill fashion comes into play. You can do it like that, and you can get good at it, but there are better more efficient ways of doing it.

>green text

>the other form of racing ,drifitng
Drifting is not racing

Drifting is a competition of style. Like dance competitions but with cars. The only things that count in competitive drifting are
>how sideways can you get your car
>how fast can you go while being sideways
>how close can you get to your opponent while doing the above two

The only similarity between the two is that cars are involved

Actually!

>professional drifting community

>he can't control a car well enough to slide it

I have a friend who is sponsored and they pay for him to compete, and for tires and shit. You're just an ignorant busrider who thinks his niche (not owning or driving anything, just shitposting while on the bus) is the only niche

Sure m8
Don't go on about it

everything about "professional" drifting fucking sucks

>mad he can't drift

Quite to opposite.
'drifting' is not a legitimate sport, or even a form of entertainment for that matter.
It's just a thing that happens. I have no interest in 'drifting' and pay no attention to it whatsoever. The only time I think about 'drifting' is when some retard makes a post about how 'drifting' has become too mainstream.
Also, the fact that there is a 'professional drifting community' is fucking hilarious.

What material fedora do you own? I bet it matches the seats in your little diesel shitbox.

But seriously I actually feel bad for you that you look at fun things and see them as stupid.

Hope you get the help you need, user.