/ovg/ - Australia is a Good Place Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632
mediafire.com/…/sq0pnxb8tm1ohdb/ks_praga_r1_s1.7z
mediafire.com/download/fvxfm38eq6qnfrg/ks_praga_r1_s2.7z
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rothwell/cars-vans-utes/1952-holden-fx-ute/1118291549
1fichier.com/?wg5rj1qxhf
youtube.com/watch?v=90UFRCk7Rck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for larguu x stiguy fanfic

reminder
touge sunday
be there scrubs

THREADLY REMINDER

Celica GTO's in rFactor 2 on Saturday at 20:00 UTC

This mod is LGBLTQ+-= friendly, it has a Bruce Jenner livery.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1700004632

458 GT2 handles really smooth and 'non-digital' with those v10 tyres

/ovglfs/ when?

/ovgwreckfest/ when?

Hey guys, none of the MR2s for Assetto Corsa that I can find seem to work with the current version of the game. Does anyone have a fix/mods that work?

mediafire.com/…/sq0pnxb8tm1ohdb/ks_praga_r1_s1.7z
Increased steering lock
Adjustable Bump Stops
Upgraded brakes
Setup options

mediafire.com/download/fvxfm38eq6qnfrg/ks_praga_r1_s2.7z
More power

you need this one

So who let the Reiza BR boogeymen into /ovg/?

Eu

How stupid would getting a Euro as my first project car be?

get a ute

Nah fuck that mate.

I'll sell ya an ex-mine luxy brah

I'll give you 5 bucks and a slab.

Nah mate with that toyota badge on it I want 30k minimum

>unbreakable

wrong thread m8

why don't the people who have LFS form a team and race in an LFS series instead of trying to form /ovglfs/, which will never happen because we can't have nice things

Lmao it is, I thought this was the ausfag thread.

fuck off dprec you wog

mate

Post your favourite /ovg/ skins

tried a race at targa this evening

needs ai tweaking, but fun and chaotic with their damage on so far

rip black ferrari

Wow I didn't know rFactor 1 could look so good. Got a link to the track and car?

I'm using AMS modded with the GSCE versions of Historx and Targa Florio.

The former is at xtremefactor, the latter at racedept, IIRC.

I posted how to get it up and running here:

i never knew that stunt car racer got MS-DOS release

Oh that's AMS wtf lol. Who would buy an 11 year old game for $60.

>a flock of fatalities

>why don't the people who have LFS form a team and race in an LFS series
only 1 user i'm aware of has a legit copy of LFS so that won't happen
>instead of trying to form /ovglfs/, which will never happen
it's not meant to be a series, just some pickup races on the /ovglfs/ server
>because we can't have nice things
i know right

>legit copy
There would be nothing wrong with having a little demo run.

Single sunday event, some rallycross and track race on blackwood, choice between XR and XF (as far as i remember, those cars were very similar in terms of performance, and both FWD and RWD can be useful in rallycross when used right). Anyone could download free demo, anyone could run it. Cars are slow and noob-friendly, only real issue may be hosting (and, of course, convincing everyone for such an enormous commitment which is downloading the demo).

no one wants to play your shitty memegame jesus fuck off

>only real issue may be hosting
I thought of that one

should I buy a used g25 for cheap (150 inc post), spend a bit extra for used g27 (220~ inc post), or buy a new g29 for way more then others at 430 inc post?

I'm more worried buying the used ones incase something is fucked on them. and if the g29 is better sim setup I'd probably just buy that

I could also get (on bid atm) Thrustmaster T300 & T3PA Pro Pedal for around price of the g29 setup but doesn't have a shifter, and the shifter costs about 200 extra for t3ha one (or g29 shifter for 90 though don't know if they work with the thrustmaster)

>I'm more worried buying the used ones incase something is fucked on them.
ask before buying if everything is working without issues
buy if seller says yes
if something doesn't work, file a return

>g29
no
>g25
it feels significantly less smooth, is way louder and kinda slower than g27. if you feel like you really want to save money, it's still solid choice
>g27
industry standard, good choice
>t300
just make sure you can return it if it'll turn out to be flawed, there were problems in t300 series. If you can, it's definitely best choice, especially since you want to replace original (bad) pedals. Manual shifter is cool, but it's still a gimmick. Quality of wheel itself is not a gimmick.

also, t300 ferrari gte looks great, not to mention ferrari alcantara (which you can obtain later)

what's bad about g29 that makes them worse then older version g27?

might just go with g27 then

g29 is literally g27 with DFGT number of buttons. It's good wheel, but definitely not worth additional money.

>Turn off all assist in DiRT Rally
>Suddenly drive better

I thought assist were suppose to help not hinder the experience?

>falling for the oldest meme in the history of racing games

That shit made taking Hairpin turns fucking impossible.

Me personally have had issues with incompatibility with my old G27 and Windows 10. I'd happily sell it off and put it towards a new G920 if I could afford to bridge the margin.

I've got a legit S2 copy, do you need legit copies to play online?

What's up with your G27 on Win10?

The only issue I've had is the Logitech software thinks it's a DFGT but reinstalling it fixes it

It sounds like he's got the same problem I had with my DFGT and Windows 10. Every time I plugged it in Windows would try to download new drivers, even if I already had them installed, except it would download the wrong ones. You need to disable the option to automatically install drivers when you plug a device in, it's deep in a settings menu somewhere.

No, all players can race online, paid players can race on more than 2 tracks and with more than 3 cars

I meant can people with cracked versions play online.

You can use a cracked copy to race on all tracks and all cars on pereulok servers.

It would be a good idea for legit users to run a separate pereulok install and filthy pirates to run a separate legit demo install so we can all race together.

My computer simply doesn't even see it.

Saw this disgrace on gumtree...
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rothwell/cars-vans-utes/1952-holden-fx-ute/1118291549

saw this disgrace on the wiki

how do i get a trueno in this country

wrong thread whoops

Hey cunts how do i get my holden out of the eucalyptus tree in my back garden? my dad is gonna make me live with abos if i don't get it down

RIP jimmy

Hire some bogans

Barney is already here and he just fell on the couch watching australias smelliest minges

The wait is killing me. I just want my initial d collection and run over kangaroos

I hope there's a retail copy or something so I don't have to pay £50 for it

What cars in the Red Pack for AC are good?

Hows the FXX K and the Praga R1?

Does anyone else here enjoy BeamNG?

Yes

yes

what map is that

Yeah what the fuck is up with that? I'm not good at this game but I decided to turn all the assists off and now I'm winning stages by like 10 seconds.

Fuckin' grouse thread, boys. When's the Bathurst race?
Dprec's a good cunt. Fuck off, mate.

>car accelerating mid-air while going up...

1fichier.com/?wg5rj1qxhf

you do realise that is how a car works right?

Those are the wheels spinning freely, bud. BeamNG speedo is actually based off of the wheel speed, it's cool.

all decent games do this m8

Lmao
>what is air resistance
>what is weight

Go back to school, kid.

hes talking about the speedometer. thanks for trying though.

Love all that shit, it's one of the better packs. Lambo is surprisingly agile and fun, F1 is intense on the limit, Maserati 250f is good shit if you have a wheel, MC GT4 is pure pleasure.
The FXX K handles differently than I expected but that's probably because it's going way faster than what I'm used to for the gear it's in.
The Praga R1 is awesome especially when running rear brake bias and low aero.

>all these Straya cunts getting lost in /ovg/

>all these bloody foreigner boat people getting lost in /ausvg/

youtube.com/watch?v=90UFRCk7Rck

I love it. I would love if it would turn into a rally game with long stages and online rallys like in Dirt Rally. With all these shitboxes the game currently has, it could almost become something like a spiritual sucessor to rally2k.

>no I'm not rally2k guy

I also wish they would improve night time, since last time I checked, it just turns the whole skybox black without any moon or stars and without any light coming from them or from the scenery (see webm). But that webm is pretty old so they might have already changed that, I haven't checked

What game is this?

and trying to drive with the hood stuck open is a suprisingly fun challenge

The Markko Martin challenge

BeamNG could absolutely become an amazing rallying game, though I hope it eventually can pull off multiplayer for touge bullshit.

>xpand rally xtreme

found another old webm of an old version of BeamNG which proves how awesome of an rally game it would be

>I thought that webm had good quality when I made it
What was I thinking?

>It is also possible for the player driver to be killed in a crash, in which case the player will have to make a new driver profile.
Not even rFactor Pro has this