Is having a garage essential to being a true Veeky Forumstist?

Is having a garage essential to being a true Veeky Forumstist?

How do you fags manage without being 300k in debt with a lolmortgage?

Other urls found in this thread:

bendpak.com/car-lifts/specialty-lifts/mds-6kf.aspx
youtu.be/k2OgAUEywFk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Rent

It helps a lot, both with storage and being able to get work done. I need a shed now though, because my mower, etc get in the way too much.

>without being 300k in debt with a lolmortgage?
It beats paying rent if you don't plan on moving soon. And it's nice having your own house and stuff.

Why do you think the only houses that exist are McMansions in suburbs?

i pay $75x2/mo for my garage spots, its a really really good rate

Bro a house with a garage around here start at 500k. I work on my junk in the street.

>Is having a garage essential to being a true Veeky Forumstist?
yes.

You stole this picture from garage journal.

>300k in debt with a lolmortgage
Leave debt to kids when I die

I'd rather take on debt for 10-15 years at a fixed rate than pay the same or more to rent and have nothing to show for it. Gotta live somewhere, may as well own it.

My garage is kinda small for a 2 car, but the driveway is flat, there's no stairs/water heater in the way, and soon there will be a BendPak lift in there. Oh, and I only allow my 911 to sleep in there. Wife's car gets to live outside.

have my daily at my condo , leaving my weekend car at my parents house. legit since we live less than 5 miles

He never claimed it was his. It's just a nice garage. This has some fancy hidden lift too I think.

your just gonna work to pay dat mortgage till your the ripe ol age of 77?

I think it's a hydraulic lift table, not a typical car lift. IIRC he got a pretty sweet deal on it. Only applicable if you own FF or RR, can't drop a driveshaft or get to a mid-mounted engine very easily.

I live in Canadia where prices have skyrocketed. Anything under 200k in my area is a ghetto cesspool, where you have to fend off homeless/natives on a daily basis.

>having this beautiful garage
>parking a beetle in it

>stay at home/use your parents garage
>rent out a place nearby
>swallow the debt bullet and buy a house if you can

>Not lusting over the one true Nazi sled.

he got it for nearly free and spent thousands getting it flush it only works for his specific car and he cannot do most types of work because of its design

>debt is bad
lots of teenagers itt

Yeah, that's why I'm getting this for my 911.

bendpak.com/car-lifts/specialty-lifts/mds-6kf.aspx

Flush mounted into floor, open center, lifts by the frame. Pretty much perfect.

Pic related is what you get when you buy a house with a garage over here. A house with two garages has two of them next to each other.

At least we can go fast on the Autobahn I guess.

Even out in the country?

>debt is good
have fun paying all that interest to the banker

You will save money having a mortgage over renting because you build equity with your payments. Interest rates are at all-time lows right now.

Would you rather pay someone every month and get nothing at the end, or would you rather eventually own the place you're living in?

Have fun throwing money away paying your landlords or management company owner's mortgage. Or living in your parents basement because Veeky Forums.

Have fun paying someone else mortgage, poorfag cuckold

Houses are investments. You just have to buy at the right time. My dad bought his house for 200k, it's now in the 700k range.

Having interest rates at an all time low is not necessarily good, considering the amount they could go up (see the 17+% my parents were paying at my age). Renting is a much safer bet in todays economy in Canada, you literally have nothing to lose.

>My dad bought his house for 200k, it's now in the 700k range.
Oh what I'd give to be a boomer...

OP here. Please keep economics to /pol/ or Veeky Forums.

>asks economic question
>b-but no economics!
Dumbass

>considering the amount they could go up
Fixed rate mortgages don't change, you lock in the rate now and keep it for 15 or 30 years (in the US).

It was going to end up this way when you mentioned mortgages. And Veeky Forums is poor, and /pol/ is busy with the alt-right meme war.

A large amount of debt with a bad interest rate is bad.

thats why it's called a fixed rate.. it doesn't go up.

renting is only worthwhile if u can put as much as your saving into a portfolio with at least as much ROI as the housing growth.

otherwise, no it's a complete waste of money to rent.

>complete waste of money to rent
What a retarded generalization.

I couldn't imagine not having a garage. Where would I put all my tools, and where the fuck would I put my lift?

also, I need my privacy

Obviously he's a sheltered kid living with his parents who doesn't realize you can't just walk into a bank and get the 200k+ to buy a house
It takes years to gain the financial stability to be able to commit to such a large investment, not to mention the hefty deposit
Renting exists as a stepping stone

I don't see a lift here.

>Renting exists as a stepping stone
Renting exists to milk poor wagecucks and to keep them poor.

In both places I've lived recently and looked for houses (NH and NC), renting is more expensive than buying the same house with insurance and interest included. You'd be paying more to live in the same place, but wouldn't have anything to show for it.

Sure, not everyone can afford it, and being able to move around year to year is nice, but it IS a huge money pit.

It could be more expensive to rent, but you need a deposit and good credit to buy a house.

I bought half a duplex for $96k
>built in '01
>1,600 square feet livable
>2 car garage
>3 bedroom
>2.5 bath
>based friendly retired neighbor in other half of duplex
>he's lived there for 14 years so not really worried about getting an annoying neighbor
>based middle aged friendly gay guy in neighboring duplex on the other side of me

My only regret is paying $40k in rent while living in an apartment for 6 years before I got smart and purchased a place.

>Renting exists as a stepping stone
>sheltered kid living with his parents
Living with your parents is actually a great way to save money for a down payment instead of paying rent. And it only takes a couple years to have the financial stability that would get you a mortgage. I bought my house at 25, no problems getting a mortgage for it.

what u do see, kid, is a touge monster putting down 240 hp to the FRONT WHEELS because that's where it belongs

Most people who rent a place to live don't have a choice. It's not their fault they're being exploited by a rigged capitalistic system. Renting is much more a necessity for most than a waste of money.

I'm 24, living with my parents, working whenever I get the chance in my uni schedule and can't even afford a BRZ. Ifthe next generation runs in the treadmill even harder than ours, I'll chop off my balls to spare any potential offspring the hell on earth.

>working whenever I get the chance in my uni schedule and can't even afford a BRZ
That's because you're still going to school though. It's hard to get a decent job when you're part-time.

I'm working full time between semesters whenever I don't have school projects filling my summer. Sometimes I wonder if I'm ever gonna make it.

That's still not the same though, that's seasonal/temp work. It will make a big difference when you have your degree, assuming you're majoring in a discipline that makes money.

Ayye

Automotive engineering, entry level jobs pay as little as 25,000€ a year, I hope I get lucky.

>not just building a big pole barn and enclosing it to make it comfy, then building a living space inside

Are you guys even Veeky Forumstists or what

Cute

I know a handful of guys at work who want to do this but apparently something about the laws on what you can build on your own property (absolute bullshit when it's pasture out in the country) make it really difficult to do that in my state.

Most rent in my area is as much as a mortgage or more for similar sized houses.

You're better off buying a small house with some property and building something like that as a garage only.

>25,000€ a year
It seems the Europoor meme was true. Entry level automotive engineering in America pays out $70k a year on average.

Houses here start at a million and only go up from there, so currently I do all my work in my parents garage. I'm hoping to find a place that has a lift and doesn't cost too much per month to keep my car and tools though.

Jelly as fuck poorfag detected

I don't even know the average, might be around that, but 25 grand is the lowest I've seen. Then again, Audi offered me 850€/month for an internship on top of gas money. But it's nowhere near guaranteed that the time invested in education was worth it.

This, pole barns are for working in

is this really cost efficient? i'd love to do something like that, but i imagine the garage door lets most of the A/C out... fuck that. i live in texas.

Now that I have a garage, I can't imagine not having a garage

Having a mortgage is better than paying rent to Joven Stienberg. At least you build equity at the same time.

If you have amish around you you can get a quality one cheap.

Insulate it, it will keep it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Mines jackshit useless in the winter right now being uninstalled but I live in the north.

Plan out everything before you build, if you want a lift, make sure the floors thick enough and the proper concrete. I need to cut out a section and have it repoured because it's only 3"

Make sure you'll have enough height for a full lift, I'm about a foot short, but can make it work.

And no matter how big you make it, it will never be big enough. the more room you have, the more shitboxes will fill that room.

Gotta tax the everloving fuck out of everyone with money to feed those immigrants

Taxes aren't even the main problem, banks are. We're pretty much at the point where we're getting negative interest for our money in the bank.

My grandfathers garage has a pit to work under cars, is that at all common? Its pretty nice to work under there but I hate driving a car onto it.

I did fall into it once as a kid, there was a ladder there and the back of my head banged every rungas I was falling like that one dark souls webm.

>the back of my head banged every rungas I was falling like that one dark souls webm.
That's a whole lot better than hitting your head just once after free falling the entire way.

Self identified filthy casuals get out

My dream is this, but with at least two lifts. It'll keep a woman happy too, with the upstairs.

youtu.be/k2OgAUEywFk

Watch the Petrolicious vid about it, pretty cool
He built the whole garage around that car himself, and learned how to do everything along the way. It even has a hydraulic lift molded into the floor underneath it.

I'd rather be a casual than live in a garage tbqh famalamadingdong. Having a bar, couch and a TV in your garage is one thing, but a bed and kitchen is retarded.

>caring if the womans happy

found the true casual

I'm not saying put a fucking kitchen in your garage dingus, I said build a living space inside a warehouse.

Like a small well insulated apartment inside of a big garage.

fuckhuge turbo for 240hp?

kek, should have spent more money on the turbo and got something that works

Well I'm not a permavirgin nor a gayboy, so a woman will be part of my future. If she happy then I can have my big space to work in and be happy.

Plus, a garage like that + living space will be more cost efficient than a fuckheug white picket fence cuckhouse with a two car garage off to the side.

>300k in debt
Nice strawman, bruh.
I can find a decent sized place with a garage and a few acres of land for about 120k. If you're strictly Veeky Forums, you don't even need the land and could go cheaper.

Land is more important than anything. More land = less neighbors and more room to do what you want.

This honestly. I have a garage but no land and I've often wished I had an area to park a parts car and just pick parts off of it as I need them. I parted a car out of my garage and it was mess.

>not being that guy from wangan midnight and living in a garage with a mezzanine living level
Tip top tier plebs. That is my ideal home, though it's a shame even a tiny garage in the city is either impossible to find or too expensive to justify

Now I want a combo garage and home gym.

That's what I do, made a small lot in the woods to keep my demo cars, parts cars and other shitboxes. I try to keep it semi organized, and you can't see it from the road or house

So you're supposed to live in your parents house until you can save for a downpayment? Is this how you justify being 35 and living with mom and dad while delivering pizzas part time?

You must've replied to the wrong post.

Based Amish. Both of my uncles pole barns are Amish built, and they've held up very very well, which is especially nice considering we live in tornado alley. Of course no tornado hits, they'd be fucked, but we get some really strong winds during storms. One is about 10 years old, the other is about 25.

>$40k in 6 years
That's cute. Try $150k in five.

That's not a garage that's a cuckshed.

>German plates
Go figure. That's what passes for a """"garage"""" in yurocuckistan.

>Well I'm not a permavirgin nor a gayboy, so a woman will be part of my future. If she happy then I can have my big space to work in and be happy.
Found the blue pill cuck who will get divorced raped in 10 years.

Little protip: make yourself happy and you'll get women, but the moment you start acting like a supplicating little beta, she's going to fuck your life up.

You must be new here.

>Little protip: make yourself happy and you'll get women
And just what the fuck do you think I'll be doing by building a fuck huge garage with a living space in?

>blue pill cuck
>divorce raped
im-fucking-plying I'd ever get married without a prenup

My last serious relationship ended over me spending my money on cars. I went out and bought another shortly after that.

Personally I have a rhino-shelter tent with some plywood on the ground to give a 'clean' work surface and also allow me to use jacks/creepers easier. for 2 years I only worked in my driveway year round and it was complete shit by comparison.
>drop a bolt or small part
>it stands out clearly against the color of the plywood

>its 10* out in winter
>kerosene torpedo heater gets you up to 70*+ after a few minutes

>made a ghetto ass exhaust fan using a salvaged fan from a demo job and a pallet I chopped up

>enough room I can pull the front of a vehicle in to do an oil change out of the weather if there is another vehicle in there

>extension cord from the shed hooks up to a 2 way box with a light switch
>have two 120v outlets and a fluorescent light hung from the middle supports of the tent frame
If you're not bound by an HOA or having no yard, you can get by with one of these, hell I even saw someone slowly hobbling together a 'garage' made from pallets and plywood on my old work commute.
I really dislike clean garages. I've always worked in my buds garage since I was a teen, empty beer cans/bottles in the corner and usually you can tell where someone was for most of their time working on their car based on where the pile of cigarettes was.

>not recognizing the oldest Veeky Forums pasta there is
hello friend

I work on my cars in my friend/neighbor's garage. Lives right across the street. He owns a 240sx and am LS400, I drive an ep3

What do pole barns actually cost to build

Depends on a lot of factors, that's like asking how much does a house cost to build.

>where you have to fend off homeless/natives on a daily basis
thats what these are for

>limp wristed canadians
>guns
el o el

>mcmansion
>300k
Pick one. For 300k here I'd get a piece of shit house I'm the worst suburb possible

depends on where you live. you can get a fuckload of house for 300k somewhere that isn't new york or california or denver or anywhere with a high cost of living.