Wait, when people say they bought a car in "cash" do they mean they lugged around a briefcase filled with money?

Wait, when people say they bought a car in "cash" do they mean they lugged around a briefcase filled with money?

>briefcase for 4000 dollars

Could be a briefcase filled with $5s

My stepdad did this. He owns his own business that used to do really well. Walking into the local Toyota dealership with a literal briefcase filled with money and bought my mom a new Camry. Two days later a couple of people from the IRS showed up at his business to do an audit. After taking a look at his books and hearing his side of the story, they realized it was legit and he wasn't a bank robber and laughs were had all around.

Bank draft

Wow

Yeah he didn't really think it would be that big of a deal. I think he mostly did it for the lulz and because it made him feel like a badass. Said every employee in the place kept walking past the office they were in and looking in to see the pile of cash.

No, it just means not on a loan.
You can write a check and consider it "paying cash."

Implying 25,000 cash is a pile. Did he pay with 1 dollar bills?

Bought a shitbox for $4000 and all the hundreds fight into a pocket.

It may not have visually been a heaping mountain of cash, but when word gets out that there's that much value in cash sitting on a desk, people are going to come look at it

I've bought one with a Debit card before.

>Oh dude look at that 1 inch stack of money, so amazing

A stack of 100s is $10,000, so you probably won't need a briefcase unless you're getting a really expensive car.

Dealerships report any large cash transactions (most of the time) immediately after finishing the sale to make sure it's not drug money/illegal.
T. Carhop who works in a dealership popular with hood rats

"Nearly my entire years salary is sitting on a desk back there? Nah, literally no interest in seeing that" - apparently the toyota salesmen where you're from

>old man buys $90k land cruiser with one phone call to his bank and nobody
>some kid's refurbished dad buys a Camry with cash and people go nuts

I sold my Range Rover to a nigger a couple of years ago for $7500. He paid me in cash...

Mostly $5 bills. About half I'd say, the rest in a mix of 10s. 20s, 50s, 100s

Bought a $20k tractor with a check. Why the fuck would you bring in cash?

As do banks. Any withdrawal of 10K+ in cash is reported.

>Nigger paid $7500 in mostly small bills

What a small time hustler, that's a lot of nickels and dime bags to sell.

better be a certified bank check or money order...

Wouldn't trust your $20K check to not bounce...

yeah my bank really loved me that day... took the teller about 25 minutes to sort and count it all out before being deposited lol

I usually do this. Cash has a couple of advantages for buying a car.

Say the car is advertised for 12k and you wave 10k cash at them they are much more likely to accept than if you'd simply offered to pay 10k later with a cheque or transfer or something.

It's especially effective on people who share a bank account with a spouse or girlfriend since they often have little control over their finances and the cash opens up possibilities for them.

yep... nothing like seeing a wad of $100's to sway one into selling on the spot

This. $10,000 fits in one inside coat pocket without even breaking up the lines of your suit.

I did this

Dealership typically only take cashiers checks or money order

you've posted about this before right?

I bought my E63 at an MB dealer out of state with a personal check... they let me take the car. FedEx'd me the title about 2 weeks later once the check cleared.

>refurbished dad
>not buying your dad new
fucking poorfags

Yeah and I handcuffed it to my hand. Kinda like that scene in dodgeball

>Tommy somehow outruns 3 different shooters with auto weapons who had the element of surprise
I loved this game a ton but cmon Rockstar