What kind of car shows you're rich but have good taste and class?

What kind of car shows you're rich but have good taste and class?

My friend wants to get a 365 Spider but I told him that's for plebs

Not a 15 year old convertible red V8 Ferrari

If he's gonna go older and wants a Ferrari, gotta go with a V12 GT car like the 550. That way chicks will dig his Corvette.

EcoBoost Ford GT
Shows you care about the planet as well as superior performance

All "rich people cars" are bought by tasteless idiots. There are no exceptions I'm aware of except maybe a brand new toyota century or something.

an older car that has maintained or appreciated in value, or a new car that will maintain or appreciate in value

>What kind of car shows you're rich but have good taste and class?
Either a Bentley Continental, or a Rolls Royce Ghost.
Possibly a Maserati Quattroporte.

>needing to show you have wealth because you're insecure
W E O W

An older car doesn't show you're rich. it has to be obviously expensive.

t. Mad Poorfags

How else would they show they're superior to you?

Saw an Aventador in the wild the other day. Say whatever the fuck you want about the drivers, but that thing has serious road presence.

>or a new car that will maintain or appreciate in value
learn to read

Honestly, I think pic related is the correct choice.

I see so many $150k+ cars everyday, and Aston Martin is the one brand that always seems to be driven by respectable people.

Ferraris and Lamborghinis, especially mid engine V8 Ferraris are driven by straight douchers. And older Ferraris like the 360 are driven by tryhards (especially convertibles).

Rolls Royces are driven by either old Jews or nigs, depending on which model. And the old Jew's wife will drive a 2-door Bentley.

Quattroportes are all over and are pretty much the same people who would drive an S-Class but want a little more attention. But they look dated and when you can lease a Ghibli for $499/mo, who the hell wants a Maserati sedan?

This is decent, but probably not the best DD.

>Saw an Aventador in the wild the other day

How is that relevant to the discussion though? An aventador fulfills the price requirement but nothing about the car suggests the owner has class or taste. It fact it's more likely they bought it because it's a lamborghini and looks fast.

I agree. I see them pretty frequently (LA) and they still stop me in my tracks every time. Badass-looking cars, as long as the owner doesn't go a step too far with dumb shit like some of the ones I see around here. (Full chrome wraps, those neon lines on all the edges, etc.)

I think I'll second the Aston, they're the gentleman's supercar. McLaren has some of that vibe too, albeit in a more ostentatious way.

Also, it's not really a full-blown supercar, but the F-Type is gorgeous and looks plenty high-end. It's also surprisingly rare, I see far more 911 GT3s/Turbos and possibly even more Ferraris.

a european classic car

could be ferrari, porsche, maserati, alfa romeo, mercedes or bmw

Anybody can buy an old porsche, ferrari, maserati etc. The owners of these cars don't need to be rich and usually aren't.

7 Series BMW. If he can wait a bit, M760Li.

Presence, power, but also looks fairly understated for what it'll do. If he just wants something fun toss out all concerns about looking tasteful and get a manual M2.

>driving a Bentley or Rolls
That's a job for the chauffeur regardless of model.

It's a sick car, but marketed exclusive to new money and Saudi oil barons.

This is the problem with owning a classic, if you're doing to show off.

Anybody can walk into a dealership in SoCal and buy a 458 or Aventador or whatever. Only a very few can own something like a '73 Carerra RS. But to 95% of the people out there, the new Lambo will be the impressive car out of the two.

This is probably the best answer so far. it's juuust obscure enough to go under the radar of tasteless wankers and is very expensive.

The question is does the average joe think that guy must be rich when he sees a 300sl

>365 Spider

>365
Yeah that would work for sure m8

Older 911s are getting more expensive by the day. I would rather have a clean 60s or 70s 911 over some 360 or 430 convertible.

>Alpina

This too.

I have been seeing a lot of F-Types lately. I guess you could go with the RS, but there's something about it that isn't quite the same because the base model looks so similar for a lot less money. Like buying a C63. A C-Class with some red brakes would be a blast but doesn't exactly exude status when fucker in the C250 paying $300/mo basically has the same car.

So it's settled. OP's friend needs an Aston if he doesn't do a classic SL or 911.

>That's a job for the chauffeur regardless of model.
>Bentley Continental has 2 doors and a cramped back seat

>Anybody can buy an old porsche, ferrari, maserati etc.

pic related: $6-7 million

Nobody specified a 60's gto. The fact is you or I can buy an entry level ferrari like a 308 or a mondial or something they're not expensive.

why the fuck would you buy one of those if you were really rich and tasteful?

>rich people having taste in cars

You're moving the goalposts.

Someone broadly suggested an old classic ferrari. A 308 is an old classic ferrari and it's cheap.

I think we can rule out rare old ferraris as a reliable indicator of taste or class.

12 million pounds.

Toyota Land Cruiser says you have money but don't need show it off.

>My friend wants to get a 365 Spider but I told him that's for plebs

Why not a Ferrari 365 Spider?
pic related.

Correct.

Aston is that guy at the pub that sits in the corner reading the paper and ignoring all the bullshit talk, until his pint get's spilled, then he just fucks everyone up.

>implying its not fast

I have to say the Aventador is fuck loud and I do want one.

anything that is
>attractive
>convertible
>two seater
>a performance car geared towards comfort
>a relatively bespoke creation

there aren't many rich people that have good taste, hence all the sports cars geared towards chauvinists.

If he can drive a 6-speed I recommend a 456 M GT.

>I'm a tripfag trust me.

S class is the only answer

Tbh I'd preffer the Hurracan regardless of price, but the few Aventadors I'v seen irl are fucking sexy.

Tell him to get a C63 AMG black

599 SA Aperta

but he's probably not rich enough for one

in that case, audi S8

I'd rather a've a thirst gen (1st gen) Superleggera or a LP-560-4

SL65AMG?
Showroom clean E30 M3?
Konesigge one?

There are options.

I'm opting to rebuild something old-ish...

Been in love with the 580-2 since that video of it drifting was released because muh rwd. One day you will be mine.

or you can go real car enthusiast and get a 550-2

Or you can drive in the rain on a rainy Sunday.
OP's non-existant friend should also consider the Diablo 6.0. Theres nothing like violating the speed limit in a awd Lambo.

>drive in the rain

the gallardo has front tires that are 235mm wide, that car isn't going fast in the rain regardless if it is AWD or not.

>driving in the rain with your future collector piece

>Diablo 6.0
Maybe if you're too pleb for a Pantera

What like a 365

No they can't.
Supply is limited and prices are astronomical now.
Any pre-1980 ferrari is in six figures

They slapped a turbo on a massive v6 and called it ecoboost, it's a fucking American 'supercar', you fell for the ford kikery like millions of other retards do. Naming it ecoboost doesn't mean shit, a gtr has a v6 and it's not a prius, but nissan doesn't go around dick waving and saying how good their engine is because 'muh environment', ford can't make a v8 that doesn't shit itself so they stick to cuck-cylinder economy motors.

This. Only correct answer so far.

>le dark mysterious man who can beat everyone up
also
>get's
genuinely neck yourself mate

Because you watched Magnum p.i. as a child and loved the show. True story for a friend of mine.

To show 'class' which I'm guessing to mean you don't want to show off to much or drive something that has been in a rap video
Have a little money:
Alfa Romeo spider
Datsun 2000
Have a little more money:
Triumph tr3 or tr250
Have some money:
Pre 63 vette
Jag e type
Healey 3000
Have even more money:
Aston Martin mustang
Have lots of money:
Pre 365 Ferraris, 275s and 250s
Aston Martin James Bond
Duesenburg model j.
Brass era cars
Booger Atlantic
Arab prince levels of money:
Gold plated train.

Any unmolested Rolls Royce.

>If he can drive a 6-speed
you make that sound like some kind of achievement

are you trying to pick up guys?
If you want to impress girls just get a modern mustang or something.

The only person I've known with an Aston Martin was a sleazy sales-executive.

This. Classic collectable sports cars give the impression that you are a connoisseur.

Continental is a footballers car. That makes it the polar opposite of good taste and class.

Fiat Punto 1.3 MultiJet

A mclaren

Damn, that's rare for an Aston. I would expect him to be in the 430.

If that was what OP was really talking about, then yes.

AMG Mercedes

1955 Porsche 550 Spyder if you have $3.685 million to spend on cars.

Alfa 4C or Elise if you're not really rich but you've got some money and you want people to think you're rich

Sunbeam Tiger (fully restored)
Jaguar E-Type (bonus points for V12)
Dino 246 GTS
Ferrari 208 GTB Turbo

Bitches love cute Italian cars and guys love beastly British cars. These are a few everyone can agree on.

>Ferrari 208
>Rich
>isdisniggafersrs.jpg

>a fucking boat

>Ferrari 208 GTB Turbo
You realise this only exists to circumvent Italian taxes.
It has 217hp.

As far as new cars go.

And the Dino makes 175 horsepower. That doesn't make it not a fun and cute exotic that everyone loves.

>tackiest car in existence that screams LOOK AT ME I NEED ATTENTION

>all these second hand beaten to shit supercars in this thread
>not opting for superior german godmachines
kek

Most of the time when you see someone driving S500 or S600 (bought, not lease) he is richer than those people who spend most of their money for 15 year old Ferraris and Lambos...

>Most of the time when you see someone driving S500 or S600 he's a chauffeur
fixed

Lexus IS-F with a salvage title

>showing off class
Contradiction in itself.

He is kinda right though. A lot of (smart) rich people who gained their wealth over decades of work don't spend a ton of money on supercars. They realize they are terrible investments. The richest guy I know drives a loaded Infiniti. He has a $4mil house but refuses to buy a Ferrari or something because you only get to use it a couple weekends a year in a place like Chicago.

A lot of bright and flashy supercars are for new money people like athletes and rappers and they will be declaring bankruptcy soon enough. Old money likes the Bentleys and Rolls Royces though.

Interesting thing is a lot of times when I'm in a really, really nice area I see a lot of rich ass people who will be driving a new E-class as their DD, a 15 year old S-Class as their weekend car, and the wife will have a new X3.

Point taken

This guy gets it. Those kind of people will only buy something flashy when they are either extremly rich or when they get old and realise they dont need to wory so much anymore.

These are the correct choices.

That reminds me of a quote from a NYC reporter who covered the financial markets for like 30+ years... Basically, he said that the multi-millionaires he interviewed were the ones who rolled up in flashy supercars and dressed in $5000+ designer suits and wore the super expensive watches while the self-made billionaires he interviewed would roll up in a 15 year old station wagon wearing nondescript business casual attire...

>ITT: what car would look great with my fedora?