I'm painting a 1972 Cutlass. I've just finished all of the body work and prep

I'm painting a 1972 Cutlass. I've just finished all of the body work and prep.

Problem is, I'm not sure what color to go with. It's going to cost $4,000 just for paint materials and to spray it so I don't want to have any regrets. The original was metallic silver and I wanted to do something a little more unique and bright. Thoughts?

It has a black interior.

gunmetal grey, or honda pirates black.

it aint mopar so no purple green or orange

electric blue maybe?

Big ass metal flake in candy apple red like the vatos do.

Nah jk man. I would say grabber green or orange.

reallocate that money to a full roll cage and use the remaining money to paint a skull & crossed bolts and a duck hood ornament

no seriously dont paint it, it looks beautiful already. post engine bay and underneath and upload a video of its exhaust note right now.

These two.

Gunmetal grey with an electric blue stripe.

YELLOW

OP here.

I had a couple I was tossing up:

>robin's egg blue
>buttermilk yellow
>candy brown - root beer
>dark forest green

when i picture a buttermilk yellow/cream I picture C3 corvette, not exactly a muscle car.

Brown though, could work but not if it makes an unpleasant noise. Some shade of blue would probably be best.

Dark forest green for sure

orange and black 2 tone

If you're willing to deviate from solid colours, I think BMW's Boston Green metallic would look fantastic. I owned a car with this colour and pictures don't do it justice.

Not my car, but pic related.

Also, I have the option of an enamel or base clear paint job. What should I go with?

I'm actually thinking enamel because of it's durability and the fact that the clearcoat on my truck is peeling from the arizona heat.

this guy is onto something

DEEP METALLIC PURPLE
DEEP METALLIC PURPLE
DEEP METALLIC PURPLE

best suggestions. a dark green or a warm brown would look quite titties, op.

White with Gold Stripes
Make Erika proud

something close to this

Honda Pirates Black....

It's a real deep purple that looks black in some light. That car would look fucking fantastic done in it.

>it aint mopar so no purple green or orange
Is this really a thing when it comes to classic cars? Seems very limiting.

Any other 'exclusives'?

I immediately thought of copperhead for a color

Go to bed Chip

>chip
>copperhead chevy

You go to bed

BLACK,WHITE,GREEN

This

Buddy of mine had one like this about 20 years ago. Blue with white stripe. Looked amazing.

Similar question.

I'm getting a set of 200 S wheels. What finish should I get? The options are basically all reasonable gloss, satin, and matte finish solid colors along with transparent over brushed, transparent over polish or some combination.

My 1st choice is textured gun metal but I think I may go with a brushed lip rather than polished.

Grey, maybe a couple shades lighter than it currently is. Through some racing stripes on there if you really want some color, but that thing looks pretty good threat it is, just cover up some of the imperfections