You could literally buy a miata unmolested bone stock for less than 5 k right now

You could literally buy a miata unmolested bone stock for less than 5 k right now

You could easily put 5 k into performance and make it around 250 BHP to around 350 BHP and have a still realiable car

So about 8 k mark ur good to have fun

U could put 2 k into breaks and suspention and have a good track car for less than 10 k

Iv seen some 300 BHP miatas for sale 6 k

this supercharged miata goes from 0-60 in 4 seconds which is pretty good

Im not even a miata fag but after looking i find out its the cheapest car out there and its not a bad car

its like cheaper than a honda

but better than a honda lol

Yeah thanks for that advice user, and if you could put $10 into a dictionary that would be nice too.

>miata
>5k
Maybe if the woman you purchased it from left her louie vuitton bag in the trunk

But why

>Budgeting only $2,000 for suspension and brakes
Yea okay enjoy your ebay tier garbage that's worse than OEM.

Miata engines limit of reliability is like 200hp when turbod
2k for brakes and suspension... 2k is a half decent set of wheels with no rubber

>2 k into breaks and suspention

Señor

you can definitely get a lot more than 200hp out of a stock bottom end with a turbo if you know what you're doing

Not reliably and not with a decent powerband

You can do it reliably, it's just a matter of building the head right - which is expensive.
Not sure what you'd call a decent power band, I guess that's subjective and I cbf to argue.

>buy civic shell
>d series turbo for like $2000
>fwd but people wont question your sexuality

I love my civic hatchback. Buying it was easily the best move I've made (for car related things)

>people won't question your sexuality
>FWD

>mfw everyone shits on racelands non stop
>always someone willing to battle to the death over muh $3000 NASA grade coilovers are the ONLY option or bust
>end up saying fuck it and dropping the 320 bux for racelands, installed but not slammed
>23k miles and 2 years later and they still return great and the springs arent saggy at all

i dont know what everyones problem is

Bait.

But at the end of the day all you'd have is a suped up chick car that nobody but manlets can drive comfortably in

prove it nigger, they're not even ultimos or whatever. theyre bare fuckin' raceland red spring model and I havn't had a single problem with them

That's actually not that bad. For that you can get good pads, lines, and fluid, Koni yellows, and springs, bushings, and maybe sways from reputable brands.

Getting anything better would mean stepping up into the realm of $3k+ shocks, and you're delusional if you think that any cheaper coilover is any different from eBay garbage, it's all made in the same shitty factories in China.

I'd be of a different opinion if it were a competition car, but $2k gets you a totally passable setup for a trackday/canyon toy.

In what world are a decent set of wheels with no rubber for a fucking Miata $2k? Again, we're talking about a fun budget toy, not some flashy stance machine. You can get a set of RPF1s for like a grand, less for 6ULs or TRMotorsport C1Ms, and tons of choice in sticky street tires for the other grand.

Drive on anything better and you'll get it. Cheap coilovers aren't usually gonna fall apart, they just have shitty adjustments (if any at all), they ride like crap, and they're not consistent from corner to corner.

there it is, here's the argument we get

>just drive on anything better bro youll TOTALLY get it its all shit

I've driven everything from konis, tein, fatcats, KYB, AGX, tokicos

couldn't justify the price difference for the shitbox racelands. also >they're not consistent and ride like crap
nigger have you EVER driven on "performance" coilovers? they're backbreaking as fuck. if anything these racelands are valved softer and the return isnt as jarring and janky, its MORE comfortable.

fucking parrots on the internet are the death of individualism and freethinking. just let mommy and daddy miataturbo, flyingmiata, and miata.net do the thinking for you, since all you do is vomit the rhetoric posted on there.

>Everyone is wrong but me :(

Meanwhile, I'm looking at $250 for a B2600 4x4 with a blown engine, $100 for a 4G64 wideblock bottom end, $100 for a Hyundai G4CN head, $100 for Evo 8 intake and exhaust manifolds, $300 for an Evo 6.5 turbo, $100 for an Evo 8 ECU, $100 for a RAM turbodiesel intercooler, and $500 for plumbing, wiring, and assorted costs. That's $1550 for 300+ BHP. Once I pull off the box and make a composite hood for it it'll weigh under 3000 pounds, and $1500 worth of suspension goes a long way when you've got a cutoff wheel and a welder.

Yes. I've driven on MCS, JRZ, Moton, AST, etc. I used to work for a shop that specialized in setup for club race and time attack cars. My experience has been that high-end shocks are shockingly (no pun intended) comfortable when run with really stiff springs, even on the street.

I don't go to car forums anymore, last I'd seen everybody was defending their cheap coilovers to the death and hating on shock/spring setups or whatever. The stuff I say comes from personal and professional experience and that of the people I've worked with.

Who knows, though, I never really fucked with Miatas and maybe the Racelands are a real hidden gem.

not an argument fag

summers over soon, you in highschool yet?

I get it. Lots of people love the shit out of those FM VMaxxes and they're basically identical to Racelands. But just because you can't tell the difference doesn't mean that there isn't one, or that it isn't worth the price for some people.

This is with a 230,000 mile bone stock BP. That's somewhere north of 280 BHP.

Pics. Also do you plan to run SCCA autoX? If so and it's in pristine condition and unmolested and the 1.8L then do it

>tfw running racelands currently
>really shit quality, can hardly adjust them anymore
>want a good setup but only $500 to spend on the car in the forseable future
kill me now

>Used Bilsteins $150
>Revalve $300
>EBay coilover sleeves with mystery springs $50

>spending 5k on a literal manlet cuckold hairdresser mobile
top kek, even ff cucks in civics are literally better

But is that really going to be the best $500 purchase for the car?

I could get a roll cage, or a really nice set of tires (mine are shit currently), a butterfly brace, new seats with a new steering wheel etc etc

Buy new tires. Then do suspension next. I recommend 205 Federal 595 RS-R on 15x7 or 15x8 steelies for your budget.

>FF fag trying to justify their car choice
Nice try bud

>Be Ausfag
>Want a Miata as a 2nd/weekend car
>Cheapest price for something that runs and is still beat to absolute shit and auto is $5k

What the fuck Veeky Forums.

>5k for a miata
How about 2000

I would rather sell my clean miata for 6k, save up 10k and just buy an AP2. I love my miata alot, but I see the s2000 as a better car. The only downside to it is getting more HP out of turbos for it is expensive.

Nobody will question your sexuality, you're obviously a homo if you drive that

s2k is a better car in it's stock form
however, it's possible to make the miata way faster and better handling than s2k for less money

Miata's have suffered the same fate as BMW E30s, sporty Hondas, K5 Blazers, etc.

They are niggered up and ran hard and/or sold for "I KNOW WUT I GOT" prices.

It's not about what WAS the $3,000 fun car. It's about what IS that car right now.

>spending that much on a Miata

l-o-fucking-l

For $300 (and good credit) you can pick up a used car off the lot and put money into that instead lel.

>Buying a literal hairdresser car
>buying a literal lawn mower car
Top keke

>spending money on a fag car

B-but muh feelz!!

Literally gay

go to craigslist in the northeast
go ahead

>26 posters
Do the /b/tards screaming HAIRDRESSER KEK GAY have nothing better to do

>You could literally buy a miata unmolested bone stock for less than 5 k right now

Under £500 in the UK.
Wtf are the so expensive in yank town?