Possible arizona meet?

Requesting a roll call of all anons in arizona that would be interested in having an arizona meet.

looking for input.

What I have in mind would be essentially be meeting in tempe at asu lot 59 on a thursday for the drivermod meet. While the people at that meet are not necessarily people we would associate with, but theres a lot of cool stuff there, for example I saw an rb26 swapped 240z there last thursday. After meeting up we grab food and go for a drive, canyon lake possibly?

anyway it would be nice to make something happen, getting jealous from all the other Veeky Forums meet threads

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/place/Lot 59/@33.4290067,-111.9300498,735m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x872b08df9cc66d6d:0x1cd630b06c56e743!8m2!3d33.4277133!4d-111.9298253
penskeracingmuseum.com/
phoenixmag.com/valley-news/car-city-usa.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

?

When's the next SoCal meet tho I'm in Vegas but I'm willing to make a drive

I don't see one anywhere in the catalog, just norcal

If you get an AZ meet I'm down, would be better since AZ has less gun laws, I could bring all my guns and we could shoot.

Do it near Tuscon and I'll show up and we can shoot my 870 and 586

Another Vegas user here. Might be interested depending on when you do it. I don't mind the 300 mile one way drive, but gotta have the time for it

I'm interested, Chandlerbro.

Is that the one I used to park at with canes and stuff? Id probably take my volvo if its ready enough in time.

Ayy u got pics of that Volvo I love volvos

They're nothing cool like a 240 turbo or something. I used to have two of them. Gave one to my cousin for $200.

Nice what's wrong with it?

Doing stuff everywhere. I'll take it with blown suspension as long as I get everything else solid. That's the one I still have in pic.

In the last few months I've done: Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, rollers, spark plugs, wires, distributor n rotor, cam seal, new do88 intercooler with all silicone hoses for the system from fcp, radiator, fan shroud, air filter. In the next couple weeks I plan to get to: Silicone vaccum lines, tcv, serpentine belt, power steering pump and res, fuel pressure regulator and fuel filter. All of which are in the mail. Theres still other things to do and then train the ECU again once im done messing around with all the vaccum and turbo lines and stuff.

If you're down in a couple weeks, we can make one happen.

Make one happen where tho?

Holy shit, I forgot that the last gen Kodiak cabs were based on the Express. Someone needs to finish that conversion van mega truck.

I'm down, north Scottsdale here. Either my shittt c10 or my old 2 stroke dirtbike. Depends if we're gonna go on the highway or not what vehicle I take.

lot 59 is the covered parking next to the stadium

Op here, when would be the best times for everyone? We need some time in advance for people to plan for it, if theyre out of town, we also need to keep this thread alive for more people to chime in.

proposed meeting spot if anyone wants to take a look

google.com/maps/place/Lot 59/@33.4290067,-111.9300498,735m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x872b08df9cc66d6d:0x1cd630b06c56e743!8m2!3d33.4277133!4d-111.9298253

bump

Basically all I do here
North phoenix btw

>When's the next SoCal meet tho I'm in Vegas but I'm willing to make a drive

Wow, you're another one that is willing to make a long drive. Our WA Meet just finished today with the very last activity being a car wash at one of the Meet member's house. But one of our Meet members drove all the way from Spokane to the greater Seattle area for the Meet. And of course he's still on the road right now on the way back home to Spokane.

I would be interested in this.
SoCal, nigga.

Ortega, GMR or if you're down for a longer drive, Palomar?

We did Palomar at the last meet so some people might not be up to do it again.

>I'd still do it though

>google.com/maps/place/Lot 59/@33.4290067,-111.9300498,735m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x872b08df9cc66d6d:0x1cd630b06c56e743!8m2!3d33.4277133!4d-111.9298253

Wow I never realized that parking area was so big until just now.

I went to the one that we had years ago. I would be down for another one. Maybe keep it simple and go to the car show at The Pavs?

thoughts?

close up. The road goes further and is twisty and fun, but its a long road.

Doesn't the road out to the flats turn to unpaved once you get out of the city?

im also a chandlernigga, id be bringing my motorcycle. (dont own a car, its az. fuck it)

well I know its paved up to the flats, but its not very good pavement. I have personally never ventured out past tortilla flat, but I have heard that it is brand new pavement after that. I'll have to check it out soon, or if someone wants to go out and scout it with me lol.

I live down in Tucson but I ride my bike a lot.

>We need some time in advance for people to plan for it,

If at all possible, schedule the Meet to coincide with a local automobile event. That means checking with a few of the accessible major local cities that have convention centers able to host an auto event or auto services and tools show.

One way to find out is to visit the convention center websites to see what upcoming events are scheduled. The chamber of commerce may list auto tool shows (or not). Usually, major cities have a local business jounal newspaper typically for businessmen to read. The general public usually doesn't access those but your public library may have a subscription to one. Those can list upcoming trade show events in them as well as other car product demonstrations.

Some events worth mentioning:

First Saturday morning cars and coffee at shops at Gainey ranch.

Third Saturday morning cars and coffee at penske racing museum.

Every Saturday evening Pavillions classic cars.

I haven't been in a few months. Usually I drive up to the look out point right before whatever the second lake is. The problem is there's usually a few people still there at night and the fact that if you take the old Apache road all the way through you drive past a DPS station

Other Meets in other states have also considered going to car museums. The WA group has even had a shooting event at a target range which doesn't seem very "car-like" but they do have driving events. So it's their approach to also consider the Meets as a sort of activity plus driving event mixed together to provide variety and allow everyone to do different things together. Houston diverges from that with their more aggressive driving events. California varies and I can't get an idea of their pulse. Sometimes they may have a fast driving event, and other times it is not.

Martin Auto Museum
17641 N Black Canyon Hwy · (602) 298-2377

Dwarf Car Museum
52954 W Halfmoon Rd · (520) 424-3158

Franklin Auto Museum
1405 E Kleindale Rd · (520) 326-8038

Penske Racing Museum (Scottsdale)
penskeracingmuseum.com/

Scottsdale International Auto Museum
formerly at Pavilions but then moved to Metrocenter
Did it stay at Metrocenter or move back to Pavilions?

Various "cruise-ins" and gatherings:
phoenixmag.com/valley-news/car-city-usa.html

Museums are very boring I'd rather go shooting desu senpai, most car people also fuck with guns too so it makes sense.

Well I think a drive to tortilla flat is definitely worth doing. As well as getting food with everyone, my vote is for mexican food, los favoritos or similar. Either museum or shooting sounds good to me.

just saw this on facebook, is this something you guys would be interested in? Of course we would do our own thing after but karting might be cool, also vendors.

im down i got 3 buddies who also go on Veeky Forums we all phoenixbros minus one who live in chandler

The restaurant at tortilla flats has a pretty good chimichanga

Are there any industries related to car manufacturing in the greater Phoenix area? Do they allow tours of facilities?