Driving is Scary

>"user take us to ikea we cant park in the car park it's too small"
>"Theres a scary roundabout downtown user can you drive?"
>"I don't like this road, it's too narrow, user can you drive?"
>"Hillstarts are hard user can you drive"

ITT: when people make you drive their shitty cars because they are bad drivers and "driving is scary user"

>trying not to sperg out and tell them exactly why their car is shit and why it feels terrible to drive

I'd rather drive than be driven by a bad driver

this

what if they make you drive something horrible

I wish my friends let me drive, the only ones that dislike driving are the ones that don't own cars.

Nothing is so horrible that it would be better to sit in the passenger seat with a shitty driver than at the wheel.

What if they make you ride in something horrible?

Better to be in control of a death trap than a passenger imo

I learned that ALL shitboxes have their redeeming qualities, even my friends old Chevy lumina.

then you run the risk of being driven by a bad driver in something horrible. you're more likely to survive when the person behind the wheel knows what they're doing.

>trying not to sperg out and tell them exactly why their car is shit and why it feels terrible to drive
>I waste great parts of my life on Veeky Forums, I know about cars, you don't.

This.
>friend driving down rainy highway
>he's visibly tired, shitboxes windows are foggy as fuck and we have to keep windows down
>swerves out of lane, tries to correct himself does that manji style drift thing only he's not in control at all
>at some point he just gives up trying to regain control and we crash on the center divider
That shitbox lumina had a trashed front end and both sides managed to hit the center divider so all 4 doors were fucked. still made it home 2 hours away without a tow

What kind of people want other to drive their car. Like I never let my friend drive my car.

>all my family and friends think I'm an awful driver because I don't brake to a crawl in corners and accelerate hard through on ramps
>a total of two people are comfortable with me driving
>any others will only ride with me because they don't like driving

on the flipside
>family speeds more than I do
>friends will hardly check blind spots will merging
>some drive 50mph on the interstate
>one friend didn't know how many cylinders their car had

I don't get why there are so many people afraid of their machines

I used to have a friend that was a girl with a 135i and she hated driving, also had a v6 mustang in manual that she pretty much shared with her dad

If her and I had to go anywhere I always had to drive her cars, but didn't really mind that much. The 1 series was fast and the v6 mustang had a 3rd pedal

But then I have this one friend with the shittiest camry ever. I can see why he hates driving but he's also terrible at it so I also don't mind driving him in his car

>>"user take us to ikea we cant park in the car park it's too small"
>Mfw I effortlessly back in a RAM 1500+trailer into a European IKEA parking lot
>Mfw covering four parking spaces
>Mfw I have no face
>>"Theres a scary roundabout downtown user can you drive?"
Scary roundabouts? The fuck?
Put it in fifth, fly over it at 60kph. Show them what's scary.
>>"I don't like this road, it's too narrow, user can you drive?"
>Not knowing how wide your vehicle is
>Not being able to manoeuvre it millimetres at a time
>>"Hillstarts are hard user can you drive"
Every single shitbox here has hill start assist. And people still fail using it.

I regularly drive everybody around here. Being a part-time chauffeur to make college ends meet has it's perks
>That glorious feel when your drive like your grandmother's grandmother, gliding across the pavement, and your customer falls asleep behind you for the first time
T'is a good feel.

>ITT: Everyone thinks they are Ayrton Senna

People have different driving styles, it goes with their personality.

Some are nervous, some are uncoordinated, some can't make decisions quickly.

People pass a test and get to drive a car and don't automatically think they are the supreme racing driver. There's a reason for that, they aren't.

Having the best pro tuned civic does not make you a good driver.

Some people want to just get from a to b without mad skids, and are already nervous at the fact they have to do one of the most complex tasks a brain can do thus far...

A good driver is aware of all these things, and makes allowances for everyone else on the road that might not share their mad skill set and interest in gotta go fast, but let's everyone get to go home at the end of the day.

Accidents happen, even the greatest drivers end up in a fiery mess.

driving isn't scary for my friends unless I'm the one doing it

Let them live with what they have. On this shitbox note, a shitbox can be fun if pushed right. Yea it may not go fast but if it's fun to throw around who cares.

> Okay, but we're taking my car and you're paying for the fuel.
> If you can't cope with X, you shouldn't be on the road.
> Yes, yes I can. Will I? No.

My ex-gf bought a manual because it was cheap. She couldn't drive stick. We used to drive with her in the driver'side seat and me in the passenger. I said clutch and shifted with my left arm.
This lasted until the fourth time she drove it by herself and burned out the clutch.

>hill start assist

what? I've never heard of such a thing.

Have you ever had a ride from a bad driver? Shits fucking terrifying.

>blasting nightcored Linkin Park super loud
>no turn signals
>blows through stop signs
>can't stay in his lane, weaving back and forth
>bad merging decisions
Got a chuckle when some sheboon he pulled out in front of pulled up next to him at a light screamed "YOU GOTTA DEATH WISH?!" But was shitting my pants overall. We drove 2 miles to a Walmart and back.

>female co-worker asks for ride home on my bike some time, since she's never been on one before
>borrow some gear/helmet for her to wear
>one day when it's not raining, decide to do it
>take her along the curvy back roads to her house, tits pressed into my back the whole way
>arms wrapped around me, her hands suspiciously close to my dick
>get to her house, she seems super tired and in a hurry to get inside
>tell her she can keep hold of the gear for a while in case she wants another ride some time
>walk back to my bike
>pillion seat is wet
>not sure if she came from the vibrations, or pissed herself all over it

>not sure if she came from the vibrations, or pissed herself all over it

kek

mine has it too. basically if the car detects you on steep enough of an incline (just steep enough to roll a significant speed in neutral, not just creep a little bit) while braking for a while it will automatically hold the brakes for a second or 2 when you let off so you dont have to speed-a speed boy the clutch and shifter to prevent gravitationally backing in to the guy behind you

my bikes make me leak like a broken faucet

don't even care about dick so much anymore

That's like buying a gun and not knowing what caliber it is...

Kek

arent all v4's the same?

Two of my friends have let me drive their shitboxes when we were at a party, something was missing and they were already wasted. I always start slow and was still capable of driving (had only a beer). Both were VW Polos, if they had nicer cars they would not have let me drive them I guess, although I'm known as a mellow driver (when with codrivers at least).

>not taking a sniff

>>trying not to sperg out and tell them exactly why their car is shit and why it feels terrible to drive
Why not do exactly that? They might get it fixed up.

Shart? In mart?

Doesn't the handbrake achieve the same thing?

yes, but it's for retards

how recent was this?
did you do anything with her?

not really
buying a gun and not knowing what caliber it is is like not knowing if it's petrol or diesel
it's a vital thing that you have to put in the thing to make the thing work (properly)

uphill dribing is only spoopy when there's an asshole in the maserati parked 2 inches behind you

still gotta use the p-brake for that because i ain't paying for the $4000 bumper

Gen x ers user.

unrelated question. do you pop a clutch when you go from Gear > Neutral?

And how about since then?

>tfw always the one asked to help drive with trailers

So it's like not knowing what gun you bought but knowing what ammo to put in it?

About 2 weeks ago. She's on holiday until next week so I haven't seen her since. I guess I'll see if she fancies another ride when she's back.

Tempting, but if it turned out to be piss, I don't really know what my reaction would have been.

Plus, she'd have seen me from her window. Nothing kills a prospective relationship quicker than having a girl see you sniffing her urine from the back of a motorcycle.

>Nothing kills a prospective relationship quicker than having a girl see you sniffing her urine from the back of a motorcycle.

Veeky Forums - Automotive Themed Relationship Advice

>what if they make you drive something horrible
Hmmm really tough one here user

Drive a shitbox and remain living
or
let a scrub drive and you die car rolls over rip 4u

More like buying a car and not knowing how many cylinders it has.

>usually a pretty responsible driver
>careful on the road and attentive of other drivers and hazards
>never stall, shift and accelerate smoothly, etc
>once in a while friends will ask to be driven somewhere
>driving skills proceed to disappear, making rookie mistakes

I don't know why this happens, but I hate it.

>always drive double the speed limit
>tailgate 24/7
>always look for retards to race with
>friends dont want to get in the car with me

Smooth cornering > fast cornering for passenger comfort, but accelerating on on-ramps shouldn't be an issue.

sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

When guys tailgate me i slow down so they try to ovetake then cut them off by driving next to another car so they cant overtake

These.

Hell, I'd rather drive than be driven by a mediocre driver, depending on the situation. I get sick as shit when I'm passenger in stop and go traffic.

>21yo gf
>Still doesn't have her licence
>Is terrified of driving
>Thinks she's going to crash her Kia and wipe out a bunch of toddlers or something
>Every time I drive her home or pick her up it's an hour round trip
>She does literally no practice and doesn't see her licence as a real goal

I'll never understand why people are so fucking scared of driving.

>smooth cornering >fast cornering for passenger comfort
True, but I wouldn't describe it as rough either. I'm definitely not as crazy as before, but no one wants to take that chance

Kek

>user can you help me reverse my car out of this carpark it's too packed
>get to her car
>realise it's not even that packed and she could easily back out
>do it anyway
>mock her after I reverse her car out and she's in the passenger seat
>get out of car and leave

>realise that she was trying to make a move on me

>realise DAYS, WEEKS OR YEARS LATER that she was trying to make a move on me

Kek she was my gf at the time, but I was noob

>realize that she was trying to make a move on me
>she was my gf at the time
holy shit user

Fuck you james. You wanted to go on the vic trip so you get to pay too, freeloader.

You deserve a fate worse than death.

If they crash into a wall, then that means it was THIER fault and THEY have to take responsibility.

Why be responsible for your own actions when you can stay at home and watch funny cats memes on reddit.