When buying a new car in general is it better to get a cheaper vehicle with all the options or a more expensive vehicle...

When buying a new car in general is it better to get a cheaper vehicle with all the options or a more expensive vehicle with no options?

>options
Do people even consider this shit when buying a car?
I don't.

You never bought a german car, right ? Because many option are pretty much essential with these faggots.

No, I haven't.
Got any examples? I'm curious.

Base model Audi/VWs don't come with daily conveniences like nav or backup cam/sensors. Not essentials, but why bother buying a new car if you don't want these. Just buy an old shit box.

Just look at the equipement included in a base model 1 series, you'll understand quickly.

If you're going to bother buying new, you have to at LEAST go one level up from the base trim to get a bunch of options. Some of the tech packages aren't that expensive and throw a bunch of good conveniences in the car.

Personally I bought new and I took almost every option (including cooled seats and heated steering wheel integrated with the trim-standard remote start). I declined a couple (adaptive cruise control and parallel park assist).

I would prefer to buy full options cheaper car, than no options more expensive new car. What's the point of getting more expensive car, if you don't have automatic climate control or cruise control?

More things to go wrong desu
What's the point in having all the options if they all break?

Case in point magnetic dampers

Jesus christ, my car came with a radio and cupholders

Depends what you want OP. If you are looking merely in terms of resale value, then it is definitely better to buy the more expensive car with less options. But if you actually want to keep the car and want the options, it's generally cheaper to do it the other way

A medium priced vehicle with just the options you really want

I went with a Cadillac ATS coupe with a ton options over a CTS with hardly any (not even real leather). Overall I feel good about my choice. Don't think I could live without Nav and the real leather seats with heating and cooling are super comfy. The only thing I don't like is the plastic fake leather dash in regards to both design and obviously feel.

Don't ever, ever get a base model.

So you like steel wheels and wind up windows.
Gottcha

Wind up windows are great, aftermarket wheels are better. Not same person btw

Ok Grandpa

I do like wind up windows actually, they rarely break like electric ones, less wiring to deal with etc

out of all the vehicles i've used/owned NONE of the power windows have failed. The regulator failed on my civic but it's the same part as one with manual windows

i swapped manual window regulators into my 40 year old luxobarge because they were all broken

wind ups never break, yet somehow electric ones seem to fail at around the 10 year mark

If you have any skill with vehicles at all then you have no reason to buy a new car.

>not wanting to enjoy luxuries such as a new car
>not spending your money how you want

Running on 20 years with my electric ones, and it's still running fine.

Could you imagine if everyone shared your thought process?

We would still be living in caves and using rocks for tools.

You too.

Stripper model > loaded out > base model.

If there's a trim that lets you delete all the bullshit so you can spend that money on aftermarket, do that. Otherwise, just pay to get decent stuff from the factory.

>1>3>2

No, he's right.
If you can't get it with nothing, get it with everything.
Base is basically neither.

>If you can get it with something, get it with everything

Use phone for navigation, save a ton of money. Also, backup cam is only needed if you can't drive

Might as well.
Nothing weighs less with less parts to fail.
Everything has better resale value.

>my car never broke so no cars ever do
Bruh you know how many fucking electric window regulators i've recplaced as a mechanic?
Do you know how many manual window regulators I've replaced as a mechanic?
Guess.
One more a lot than the other lmao

My original plan was to get the ecoboost Mustang, but when I saw the cost of the premium model vs a base GT, I realized I wouldn't use half the shit in the "loaded" mustang very often and went with the base GT for the V8. I think a lot of car buyers get caught up in conveniences and neat-o technology that they don't think how much they'd really use it. Though if all that stuff really is important than the answer is clear. I don't think either or is better, just what you want and what you want to spend.

>if they all break
Buy a reliable fucking car, then.

Only options I'm willing to pay money for are trims with fun things like manual transmissions and better engines. Everything else is toys.

>I have grown to love playing music through bluetooth on my phone though

>he doesnt go offroad