Car shopping

Lost my 2015 WRX in the Baton Rouge flood.

I want another sports car.

She wants a kiddie carrier.

Neither of us want to spend more than $20k.

What do?

Pic related

Should have locked her in the trunk

>hindsight

Vote 1 for Series 3 manual Forester XT.

This

Get the same car again

>She
>listening to a woman about car buying

Let your wife's black son choose the car

dump your fucking wife and do whatever you want with your own money jesus christ don't let it start now user

>Lost my 2015 WRX in the Baton Rouge flood.

Don't buy a nice car if you can't afford things like insurance.

Buy another WRX

Had full coverage through State Farm. Should receive a nice check. Try again.

((((full)))) coverage

New WRX start at like 27,500 here. I may be able to wiggle them down to 25 or 26 but we didn't want to go crazy. Don't get me wrong, I would totally do it.

Even found a used STi last night with 40,000 miles for $29k. She quickly killed the thought though. Pic related

it's a 4 door, therefore a kiddie carrier. if it was a 2 door it'd be understandable, fuck her. if not be a tremendous faggot and buy some shitbox minivan for 8k and pocket the rest of the cash to save up for a nice toy

Get a twingo then

My favourite of all the meme cars

how is that totaled ?

How can one lose car in such thing as freaking flood. Its not like it happened in 10 seconds and you didnt have time to park it somewhere else...

>$20k
Check the used market. Plenty of great options under that price.

Apparently if the water reaches the cup holders Subaru will recommend a total loss. I was told if the water hit the dash it was totaled. But Subie engines sit lower, too. This picture was taken before we gtfo. Water got higher after that.

Buy nice accord sedan for 7k, buy 10k fun car. If your in Canada you could import a clean gc8 with that much.

Mk.2 2.5XT manual conversion master race

A flash flood at 4am will do it. In some areas the water rose 3 feet in an hour. I wish I had parked it elsewhere. But what's done is done.

Yeah he'll just drive one of his two cars on a nearby plateau and then walk home and rescue his family

ok i see
you should have put on a schnorkel :)

This, 2008+ v6 accord is faster than a WRX and comfier for family anyway.

Why would you live in a area prone to flooding? You have bigger issues than losing a car if you think living there is a good idea

Buy a used one of these for 5-8k.

Spend the rest on any sports car of your choice. Plenty of cool used cars for 12-15k.

>buying new on a budget
Literally no reason whatsoever to do this.

If you are getting paid for the old car why the fuck can't you use that money for a new one? Only things I can think of you were upside down in the car or you couldn't afford the one you already had.

Buy an IS300 Sportcross, you can get a pretty built one for 10k or so, or one with a 2JZ-GTE swap at the top of your budget
I think your wife will genuinely like it.

The second thing he said

I bought it before we got married (she opposed it). My personal finances were fine but now that we are married we have to worry about her student loans. I should get between $20 and $23 thousand from insurance. Still owe $15k to the bank. That will leave us between $5k and $8k for a down payment.

1st gen cts-v's can be had for that price point
>4-doors
>decent suspension for a saloon
>400hp
>shared aftermarket with other V8 muscle cars

Or live within your means, and buy a decent car for between 5k and 8k?
It would be the smartest thing for you t b h

>flood
>wipers on

Not me but don't ignore this suggestion OP

Forester is on the Impreza platform, if you don't need the extra ground clearance put that bitch on coilovers and there you go a kiddie-carrier WRX (if you get the XT)

Just get a v6 accord for 10k or less dude

This or another WRX. It has 4 doors so there's nothing she can object over besides that it makes you happy. It's your money, don't get cucked in the long run.

But two 10k cars then tie yourselves to them and dump them in into a river for being the idiots who bought a WRX.

Salty much

Probably less salty than the water in Baton Rouge.

Too soon

fucking hell I hate marriage. Its basically a free ride to do anything for the woman.

That's the thing. The floods happened outside of normal flood zones. Two feet of rain in 24 hours will do that anywhere.

Why didn't you use sandbags?!

It is nice being a single 27-year-old with no kids, but you do have to deal with judgemental family members and friends gossiping behind your back about your sexuality. Fuggit...

Saw a guy with a built WRX bugeye wagon and booster seats in the back. They make perfectly practical family cars if you don't hoon it.

iktf lad. By the time you're 30+ friends and family practically force you to get married to avoid being "lonely" and a "creep" for the rest of your life

>tfw Trump's truck didn't contain a new WRX for you
Must have been gutted mate.

"no"

Could you make a bigger pile and just drive on top of it?

I also have the misfortune of being one of only two males in my family who can carry on the family name. One of us has to blow a load in some chick and it ain't gonna be me!
>fingers crossed that my cousin isn't gay

>and they said i was crazy

RIP bank balance. My grandfather told me that if you plan on getting married, put some money away in an investment fund so that she doesn't burn all your cash. Worked for him, his marriage lasted ages and he came out it with more cash than anyone in the family. He dipped into his fund once the whole marriage and bought a BMW M5 for himself. Came to mind to me, maybe something you should consider if you've got some cash to spare.

>FWD

>we have to worry about her student loans

Just get a minivan. Her sons will be needing a ride to the black lives matter protest soon.

That sucks, bro. What part of baton rouge are you from?

Off Sherwood near airline, didn't get any water. One of the lucky few places that didn't even see water let alone get flooded

>if youre in canada
Nigger he's in Louisiana, this is the basis of the thread

Not only were many of the flooded areas outside normal flood zones, your idiotic comment assumes the only criteria for choosing where to live is whether or not it's a flood zone.

If it's your money buy whatever the fuck you want, if split then take your money and buy whatever the fuck you want.

>spend $20k on an aging performance vehicle to serve as your family's primary source of transportation
Real life is different than bench racing from mom's basement

why not offer a better solution as your argument rather than acting like a little shit, and not contributing anything to the thread?

>bought car before marriage
>car totaled
>wife wants cuckmobile from insurance payout

if she wants a kid carrier buy pic related and a bus pass while you enjoy your new sick ass sports car.

Holy fuck my sides. Sometimes this site goes too far but God damnit this got me.

>28
>single
>bout to buy a challenger
>read this thread
>reaffirm life choices

First of all her student loans are her own fucking problem. She should be paying that from her own separate checking account. I can already tell this marriage is another fucking fail. Love is paying someone else's way. Love is having the fucking respect for your partner to pay your own fucking way and not burden them with it. And you're a weak faggot for believing otherwise.

*Love is NOT paying someone else's way. Goddamit ruined my righteous fury

It's a convertible too. Put top down, suddenly you have a row boat.

honestly, pay back all shit that has to be payed back, and buy a cheaper car for the time being.

It's four fucking doors. Why are you the only one that has to compromise. Tell her you're getting the STi and if she doesn't like it you're going to wring her neck like the farm animal she is

you're welcome

to be honest, I'd make her pay her loan by herself and I would cover the usual stuff like the utilities, groceries.

Although I wouldn't marry someone if they had so much debt in the first place...

>Why are you the only one that has to compromise.

Because female relationships are adversarial. And she has to prove she's in control.

>Has student loans
>Apparently does not have the income after graduating to repay them on her own
Have fun paying off her gender studies degree

My sister married this dude with tens of thousands in student loan debt from some art school. Then his mom died and they were able to pay most of it off with the inheritance.

>relying on the death of a family member to pay off your loan.

That's like...people who see playing the lotto as an "investment".

lol, is that actually true? Women are great for a proper shagging, but fuck getting married to these cunts

Dont accept first offer, im in denham same mess. They'll give you more and go get another base model

>about to buy a challenger
Sounds like you're fucking yourself over, you don't even need a wife to do it for you

Get a moving van so that you can leave the swamp and won't have to post this thread again in 5 years

What year/trim?

OP its easy.
your sports car got wrecked
so get another sports car.
if her turbobus got rekt, she gets another turbobus. but it didnt, so get a fuckin Sti

A base model WRX is what OP had if I'm not mistaken. You forget it's no longer an Impreza trim, so that situation is a bit less likely for OP.

You can't afford a new car and your wife is pretty selfish for using a tragedy to get into debt for her own gain all while being in her own financial shit show.

You're going to have to deal with this for the rest of your life. Sorry bro.

Should have gotten an abortion

And nothing of value was lost.

2008 cadillac Sts v

2015+ r/t scat pack. think I'm going to wait until winter to try to get the best deal

>another guy paying his wife's son's bills
meanwhile I'm enjoying the car I like. stay mad broski

yeah i believe base is the only one without sunroof

>reading how kekled OP is

This

>mfw I'm the only one to carry on 'family regacy'
>mfw I made my mom cry when I told her I would never have kids
>mfw I have no face

>gf says don't buy a manual car
>bought a manual car

she was pissed until she heard I bought it for $2.5k less than most being sold. She drives only like 5% of the time we're together. Her car is auto and reliable. And if we need to replace it a corolla is only 2-3k. She learned how to get the car moving in first and that's good she's willing to learn imo.

Out of my brothers and close cousins I'm the only one with a long standing GF. every fucking family get together they ask when we're getting married or having a kid
>yes son cum in your gf's vagina for the sole purpose of procreation, missionary please

god no, friend of mine had that and the interior trim was constantly falling apart.

OP here

Near LSU. Corporation canal flooded overnight. Wrecked nearly every car in our lot. Glad you got off ok man

Used I assume?

New ones have a rebate, not sure for how long so I wouldn't wait.

>interior trim falling apart
I used to drive an '05 Escalade, this is true

v 6 a c c o r d
2 0 0 8 +
2 k i n m a w d s

quickly fucking kill her you whipped bitch

Honestly this. I drive a 2008 Honda Accord as my daily, and my friends and gf always complement about how roomy and nice it is. Perfect family sedan.

Why didnt you fucking leave?
You had a car. Drive away.

> so that she doesn't burn all your cash.
why do people get married?