Why do people honk their horns on the road? It does nothing but annoy and stress other people out

Why do people honk their horns on the road? It does nothing but annoy and stress other people out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xZOpVkSO-DY
youtube.com/watch?v=_q8Ldsvg-kI
youtube.com/watch?v=nUjbNSV0b3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

weak bait, very weak, 1/10

To annoy and stress out people who probably shouldn't be driving.

If a lot of people are honking at you, consider giving up the license and having the senior center van haul you around.

GTFO THE ROAD FIG

Because idiots check their text when the light is green.

youtube.com/watch?v=xZOpVkSO-DY

To make themselves feel high and mighty. They think the one who honks is always right.

I know this is weak bait but,
maybe because the person wants to alert the other person of their idiocy, and rather than get out and punch said person in the face, the polite thing to do is beep the horn and hope the idiot moves away from your life and you never meet them again.

Mostly this is done to women drivers or senior citizens. But there is surely no connection there, just a coincidence.

Wew. That guy honking was just being an asshole to be honest. He literally started honking like mad as the light turned green

>Tfw forget to honk every time someone nearly crashes into me, just stare at them and keep on rollin'
>Tfw forget to brake or turn to avoid them running into me

this

women or boomers?
which are you?

Yeh, the last honk at the end wasn't really necessary neither.

lmfao people like this guy are on the road around us every day, what a scary thought
>no sense of self control
>glued to this guys ass
>making all kinds of grunting noises
>impatient as hell
>honking the horn several times
>in a big truck with an exhaust

the term manchild couldn't ring more true

I guess it's a big city thing where everyone is always mad.

That's the entire reason for using them. It's like shouting at someone, but audible for a longer distance.
> Get moving, you're blocking traffic!
> Not an acceptable parking space!
> STILL not an acceptable parking space!
> The road is for cars, not pedestrians!
> Get out the fucking way!
> THE LIGHT IS GREEN!

In most places you can make a right turn when the light is red (basically the same as a stop sign). I'm guessing this was the case here and the bro in the truck was pissed that the pussy in the Camry was too much of a faggot to make the turn

When someone honks I make sure to fuck with them lmao

No... People honk their horns BECAUSE they're annoyed and stressed out. The goal is to wake up other drivers who aren't paying attention.
>light turns green...
FUCKING GO
>drifting into my lane...
GTFO

bro you need to chill...

i honk when people look down at their cellphones

you ever miss a light because some nigger was texting at a red and failed to notice it goes green? fuck being 'polite', they very well might not notice what's happening in the real world

Not taking the b8. Sorry, user.

You have the option to turn right on red when you think its safe. It doesn't mean you have to. It also doesn't appear to be a 2 lane road, so technically they aren't even in a lane to begin with.

That guy is simply a faggot.

You're not obliged to take a right on red. Fuckin guy

I had to to honk yesterday because some asshole casually breezed through a yield sign and was about to broadside me. He just kept going though so it was mostly just to warn everyone else that there was a retard driver about.

I'm sure this type of shit happens to everyone but I swear when people see (or dont see, even though it's bright fucking red) a small car they think they can just pretend I'm not there.

>driving slow in the fast lane

the type of shit that makes me hold the horn, flick on the brights, and get exactly close enough behind to blind them with their rear own view mirror.

if you get honked at its because you suck at driving

see

Because the light turned green already and I don't feel like waiting for the next cycle to see if you've woken up by then.

I don't honk until it's obvious you aren't paying attention, or if I see you playing fucking Pokemon go.

i only honk when someone is so shit at driving they actually put someone in danger

once its green I will lay on the horn until im moving.
sometimes I ride with hazards, high beams and the horn on for most of my journey.

as long as people yield to me, I will continue employing these tactics.

>honks even before light turns green
Right on a red is not mandatory.
What a cunt.

It's from skyrim: youtube.com/watch?v=_q8Ldsvg-kI youtube.com/watch?v=nUjbNSV0b3I

>turning left
>waiting for traffic to pass so I can make my turn
>cuck in corolla is honking non stop
>i have no idea why he's honking. i can't even roll a foot or two forward before obstructing traffic
>all cars pass so i make my turn and proceed on a single lane road at low speed because i see a traffic light go red and countdown is 40 seconds
>corolla cuck honks behind
>i need to make a u-turn so i turn my signal on
>corolla is assblasted
>my truck has a 5.7metre turning radius so i roll up a little forward to safely begin the maneuvre
>the corolla that was tailgating frantically began making a u-turn right behind me as I'm straightening the wheel and opening throttle
>slam brakes so i don't crash into him
>my front bumper is about a foot away from this fuckers passenger door
>wtf m8
>he makes a turn into the same mall
>i'm following him
>he tries to sprinkle me windsheild with his poorly adjusted wiper fluid nozzles
>this dyel thinks im pursuing him into a mall
>make eye contact at parking booth
>he's a sad nomorealimony.png motherfucker
>check my tires when i'm leaving the mall because cutting tires and keying cars is a very camry-corolla cuck thing to do

>driving home
>road immediately below elevated tracks has a stop sign at an intersection
>street perpendicular to it (which I am on) is a shopping district and one-way only
>18 year old in decade-old Pathfinder blows through stop sign and stops about 3 feet before the other street
>lay on horn as I go through
>he gives me a dirty took and tailgates me the length of the road to the next intersection, on the horn the entire time
>my visage

This

lol I honk and flash people just to fuck with them. It also makes them pay more attention

also yesterday someone switched lanes and came close to hitting me on my bike yesterday and slowed down in front of me so I stayed on the horn for about 5 mins and kept flashing him until he turned off

To make sure if someone is paying attention, especially if they are changing lanes without their blinker and they are very close to you.

This
I was at a light and someone was in front of me at a green
I honk lightly and they don't move
A few seconds later the person behind me honks their horn and they don't move
I just then hold down my horn for a good 5 or 10 seconds and then they move off VERY slowly and I'm stuck behind them for a mile because they're driving 20 in a 30 and there's no room to overtake them

yes

For those single track blind corners... and that's about it actually.

The old British signs say "Toot" or "Hoot" and before you guys call bullshit it's from 1907 and the council never took it down.

I laid the horn on some guy who waited at a light for 5 seconds. Held it down as we were both turning up until I overtook him

to tell people who are texting on their iphones that they are about to be run over for being assholes.

Source:
My day.

here's the thing, as a corrective measure, horns are useless. In many cases the people who are being honked at have no idea why they are being honked at or they think you are honking at someone else. so yes when you honk at someone after the fact all it does is annoy and stress other drivers out.

now if when you pressed your horn it litterally said any of these things

it would be different

horns do however work as a preventative measure. you see someone slowly edging over into your lane you honk and it alerts them.

this is the correct use of a horn

Holy shit this.... On a daily fucking basis

Don't be so fast to judge, OP.
You could be like me.
I've given up on horns and brights. I just continue driving.
Get out of my way or get hit. my most recent achievement was causing some bitch who tried to run a red over-accelerate and T-bone another car.
I didn't stick around.

Too often on the DashCam Owners Australia compilations I see crashes happen simply because the camera car is holding their horn down at an oncoming accident instead of taking evasive action.

>youtube.com/watch?v=xZOpVkSO-DY

This is very common in Turkey. Fuckers start to honk at yellow light.

This is actually legit it was in my washington state usa drivers handbook. Blind corner..

Have you heard what life is like in third world countries? Horns are like a background noise.
Immigrants and idiots are the culprit
Yeah this

this
In the 5 years I've been driving I've only used my horn once when some asshat in a lowered honda cut me off

I'm like addicted to dash cam vids and I feel the same way. Usually within 2 seconds of every clip I know what will cause the crash, it's always either going too fast on a snow covered highway (lolrussia) or people who see a car obstructing or about to obstruct their lane from a mile away but continue forward because they are "in the right" until the crash occurs. People don't know how to drive defensively