Defective Lexus Mirror

Any other Lexus owners have a rear view mirror with lines and spots all over it? What the hell is this, and how do I fix it without having the dealer charge me $1,400 for a new mirror?

Seeing as that it's sort of a safety issue... Shouldn't it be covered under recall?

(Pic related is not mine, but same thing)

Other urls found in this thread:

matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45825
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you clean it with?

Nothing. Bought it used earlier this year.

My Volvo has the same shit, but it still works.

it's not lexus' fault, it's your fault for not fucking cleaning it

Oh, functionally it's fine. It's just awful to look at. Looks like the previous owner took a knife to it or something...

Are you retarded? I haven't even owned it for six months.

It's nor dirty, it just looks like it's been scratched to shit.

>Seeing as that it's sort of a safety issue... Shouldn't it be covered under recall?
What fucking recall? Was there some mirror recall I wasn't informed of that covers idiots buying old ass cars with busted mirrors that went out when I was on break? Learn what a fucking recall is before you let the word leave your mouth.

t. Lexus employee

Or you could relax and not go through life being an over-aggressive cunt to strangers on the internet. Bet you wouldn't respond to me this way if I called your service department.

Internet tough guy, passive dweeb in real life.

>1,400 dollars for a mirror
>a fucking mirror
What kind of black magic is in that mirror that makes it cost 1.4k?

Who knows... That's just the number that popped up on Lexus boards. I would assume it includes parts and labor.

Niggs go to autozone, or even fucking ebay, and buy those rear view mirrors that just snap on over your old shit. Not only do they have improved visibility, but theyre easy as cock to install.

Sure, but then I can't use the auto-dimming and compass features.

The change the entire assembly and now days there's a computer in there too. The quote to fix this on my Volvo was $700, because they will not change the mirror itself. If you want to do it on the cheap, you can get the mirror assembly from a salvage yard and switch out the mirror. Here's how to do it on an S80 matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=45825

did you try to clean it with steel wool? damn, OP

Did you not read the thread? It has nothing to do with cleaning methods.

Wow, is fucking nothingm fuck off then op you fucking giant pussy

Acknowledged.

Is your family on welfare by any chance? Your writing has hints of that.

Yea how did u kno?

Buy one online and install it yourself. I did the same thing when the layers in my auto dimming mirror separated, took like 15 minutes and cost like under $20 from a junkyard.